Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1138 results found

1. Sería una buena herramienta para que los DJS o artistas pudiesen hacer directos con musica sin ser baneados. Ya que por la pandemia hay muchos artistas que no pueden trabajar. Twitch me parece la herramienta perfecta para todos esos artistas.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The blanket license has long been recognized as the most efficient and convenient way of clearing copyrights in the United States. It would be time consuming and expensive for you to locate, contact and negotiate with all copyright holders prior to the performance of each song you plan to play.

The U.S. Supreme Court summarized the virtues of the blanket license in CBS v. Broadcast Music, Inc., 441 U.S. 1 (1979) as follows:

"... the blanket license developed ... out of the practical situation in the marketplace: thousands of users, thousands of copyright owners and millions of compositions. Most users…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. https://thetrichordist.com/2019/10/19/music-reports-inc-is-tiktoks-copyright-infringement-dmca-agent/

“ Finally I would like MRI explain to its songwriters and publishers, why it is helping TikTok intimidate songwriters and publishers into NOT filing a DMCA notice. It’s right on the TikTok website. TikTok basically says they will doxx songwriters and publishers if you file a copyright complaint. And where will they get those complaints? From MRI.”

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Given the terms of service defines driving streams as Self Harm and Injury due to distracted driving, I would want a stipulation added that the streaming device being it a phone or tablet must feature the back of the Driver's head to be evident that the Driver is not a distracted driver.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hey! Just an idea but it would be nice when you go to your "users in chat" section and filter out which one is a bot account vs real viewers.

I know that would probably be difficult to filter, however someone could build some data to find all bot accounts and have them filtered like you would with moderation in chat.

that would make things easier to know whos who and be able to know who is actually viewing the stream vs who isn't.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. While I can understand the rationale behind channel chat and whispers being treated separately, the fact is that users who are banned for inappropriate behavior often follow up by harassing the streamer directly through whispers. Here is a potential workflow I can think of:

Whenever a mod bans a user from a streamer’s channel, it triggers some kind of message/notification to the streamer that a user has been banned and asks if the streamer would also like to block/ignore. Additionally, there can be an option for the streamer to auto-block in these instances where mods are trusted and there may…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. You need to implement a faster, more direct way which also allows for a better detailed description from the accused user as your drop down box doesnt cut it. Also how do your BOTS not know what tracks ARE royalty free, i am sick and tired of having my audio muted because of this and then never being unmuted. Given the fact i also pay for Premium, to make sure i get better quality tracks that are 100% DMCA approved.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. my vods are being silenced for no apparent reason, at such a rate im overwhelmed and have no interest in appealing each false claim. and with all these updated DMCA measures i can only imagine this is getting worse. i have no "idea" to fix this. because twitch is obviously protecting themselves and theyre in no way incentivized to protect me, nor make this easy for me. so im left to grind out a number of random appeals a week or just stop using the platform.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The whole problem with public performance rights comes from the fact that you're a venue and aren't paying PROs. At the same time, I feel like you're really hurting musicians much more than game-streamers. Please pay PROs like you're required to do. This does not affect VODs or Clips, because that is sync licensing. However, for DJs and other performers, you are very much breaking the law by not having a license with one (or multiple) of the PROs. No wonder the PROs and labels are coming after you, if you won't pay your dues. In the same manner, it…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. This makes 0 sense. You have no problem banning people for inappropriate content or things you disagree with, yet when DMCA comes down on you, it's up to us as content creators to protect ourselves?

You don't get to regulate a platform, and then things get tough, decide you don't want the responsibility anymore. Either ban content AND protect creators yourselves from the DMCA strikes, or do neither. Doing both shows you're just a bunch of greedy pieces of crap who really don't care about your creators. I know your a company and your main thing is to make money…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The editor of a channel should get the ability (or be given the ability at the approval of the streamer) to review and submit counter claims on muted audio and claimed clips/VODs. This would allow the editor to be able to provide additional editing support of VODs and clips.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Commenters shouldn't have the power to have a channel flagged or worse, the person who commented should have their account penalized so that the community has a cleaner chat due to less people wanting to have their own account held accountable for their own actions

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Idea: Changes or the very least, more transparency on what constitutes as a ban from twitch in regards to breaking streamer guidelines. I also think it'd be fair as well if someone was banned unfairly, how they can have their repeal submission process proceed in an efficient and transparent manner as well.

Examples: Several esports players who have admitted to harassment, grooming, and assault on other community have their accounts still up and not banned (anti, cinnepie). Inversely, [removed specific streamer reference] who has new evidence from a lawsuit showing they were in fact a victim of **** has had…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I was watching project nightfall’s video on IG about women who get harassed while doing a livestream. It reminded me of how a number of times I watch such incidences and most of the time the streamers are left speechless and unsure of how to act. From the various incidents recorded, I noticed a couple of patterns which occurred and thought to take advantage of them:
    a) The culprits faces were visible for at least 10 seconds.
    b) There were people around using their devices. What are the odds they are subscribed to twitch or another social media platform?

Inspired…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Twitch is completely broken when it comes to copyright. We already know this with the DMCA issues users have been having, playing in game music designed for the game and still getting a strike. But there's a complete other end of the spectrum... Full length movies, TV show marathons, UFC events, WWE Pay-Per-Views.

As viewers we don't have any way of reporting this stuff to Twitch, if we try to report a channel for using copywritten content Twitch then asks us if we are the copyright holder and we should submit our own DMCA claims. Problem being we're not the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. you guys have allowed such animal abuse as to allow a creator to poison a cat in front of many people

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. You can so that after the suspension of the account in the chat there is a reason for blocking the account, the time of blocking and a button to contact support.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hi.Dear twitch. I am moderator at channel and we was attacked by bots two times. Bots use generic names like zoomxyz and mikealfeaturexyz and some bulshit names . Pls locate who sends them these Bots and ban from platform

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 18+ Tag or Filter

Since there is a lot of interest in allowing nudity on Twitch with games and art, it would be best for them to implement a proper 18+ filter or tag allowing the user to clearly see. The mature warning you receive before watching the stream is mostly ignored, so adding some restrictions for users under 18 would help a lot with future streams.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When banning people from chat, rather than letting them continue view the stream live force a 5 minute delay. This would help with stream sniping. It keeps the viewership, which is nice, but takes away the snipers advantage. I know incognito mode would probably mess that up, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?