Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1140 results found

1. 18+ Tag or Filter

Since there is a lot of interest in allowing nudity on Twitch with games and art, it would be best for them to implement a proper 18+ filter or tag allowing the user to clearly see. The mature warning you receive before watching the stream is mostly ignored, so adding some restrictions for users under 18 would help a lot with future streams.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When banning people from chat, rather than letting them continue view the stream live force a 5 minute delay. This would help with stream sniping. It keeps the viewership, which is nice, but takes away the snipers advantage. I know incognito mode would probably mess that up, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Proposal: All DMCA strike appeals within 30 days, or another concrete time period. Twitch must have an avenue for creators to submit proof of license for copyrighted music, which should also have a mandatory maximum 30 days review period. Note: This should be accompanied by an additional 'bad actor' appeal option.

An example from my experience: I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat, but I have purchased lifetime stream rights to broadcast a song made by a small creator. I have provided twitch with that information. I have appealed every muted audio...for months. I even received a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Del mismo modo que se puede reportar un canal, sugiero poner una opción para apoyarlo si se considera injusto un veto. Recientemente he visto en directo cómo un emisor de un canal que había vetado de forma oportuna y necesaria a los típicos malechores que por envidia o porque no saben divertirse de otro modo hacían su chat del todo desagradable, tuvo que sufrir el reporte de dichos maleantes y fue injustamente vetado su canal. Propongo que se deje un lugar en Twitch para apoyar a dicho canal facilitando al creador un enlace para que pueda recibir el apoyo de…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. If I pay to watch vods, then I want to be able to hear the audio. Please lighten up this ridiculous copyright stuff. It is honestly totally absurd.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I know many people under the age of 13 that wanna watch peoples' streams or show off their talent on Twitch, but they can't since they don't meet the age requirement. Instead, I think people under the age of 13 should be able to use Twitch, just without the chat feature. That way they can still show off their awesome skills but they just won't be able to view the chat in case there is someone inappropriate in it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. So, I get it, today is Women's History Month. I saw the ad on Twitter using the term "womxn" - a term used deliberately to exclude trans women, and one that most trans women - including myself - find incredibly offensive.

If you don't want us on your platform, and if we're not welcome in the Twitch community, there are easier ways to tell us that by publicly invalidating our identity.

Absolutely disgraceful that a company that used to pride itself on promoting an inclusive, safe space for creators is using and promoting such disgusting language.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I feel like having Pepe the Frog as a chat emote isn't so great now that it's an alt-right symbol, so if you're really averse to removing it, maybe send out a message to Twitch users explaining why it's there because I think to some people that could feel kind of partisan? Thanks

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hello! I had an idea that may or may not be of use but ****, it cant hurt to give it to you. Anyway, given all the issues regarding music rights and giving back to the musicians that are allowing their music to be played royalty-free I thought that a little on stream display (akin to the Spotify mini-dash) that the streamer could activate when wanted to show watchers who the band/song is. It will help with: A) Streamers not having to announce who the band is over and over. B) Exposure for the band to get something out of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. So when I am streaming music from and channel titled... wait for it... NOCOPYRIGHTSOUNDS, why the **** does every single one of my streams have at least 4 muted segments???

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hey guys,

I would love if there was a way we could ban/disable anonymous cheerer/gifter as a option for the streamers. I'm not a fan of the fact I have no control over this.

Thank you.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I don't understand DMCA rule said America copyright protect not say other country but why say DMCA ban all country? other country song not yet complain even not government complain only 1 company complain why ban it just not turn on America song i think it's fine and it is
    if follow https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Millennium_Copyright_Act this rule it means can't edit video and can't play game bc adobe editor and stuff is made America and game made language is America i think this rule means America made show like tonight show stuff ban it and also follow this rule guys can't streaming…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Instead of striking users or scrubbing content, develop an algorithm with the aid of spotify/youtube/apple music etc that generates plays that work in conjunction with music heard on a stream. That way users can play game like GTA without worrying about being taken down for DMCA, while music streaming sites generate income for the music artists. Everybody wins.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Olá.
    Entendo que usuários diferentes precisam de durações de timeout diferentes, e durante uma transmissão movimentada é complicado ficar digitando nicks e durações diferentes de timeout.
    Vou sugerir dois recursos

1 - Duração de timeout padrão
    Tem dias que a duração de timeout padrão é muito e tem dias que é pouco; adicionar um recurso que permita ao usuário escolher o tempo padrão do timeout ao clicar com o mouse ajudaria demais os moderadores e principalmente o streamer que não tem moderadores.

2 - Recurso para configurar timeout gradativo ao clicar com o mouse
    Seria interessante adicionar um recurso que…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Asmr and cosplays should have mature audience warning or enter age to view stream. Most of the Asmr sessions and cosplays are adult oriented not suitable for children to view. Some Asmr sessions are ****** noises and cosplays are usually nudity. Also helps to put a mature warning on there channel. Like NC-17 or Rated R. Enter with caution.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be nice if you could look into this as I don't want to DMCA'd when I'm following the rules!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Web cam view is requested for streamers who streamed more than three hours. For safety reasons so the streamer won't fall alseep live and harmed themselves.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Modded and hacked games should be banned. Original license games should be shown only Twitch. So the viewers won't be confused.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There should be two different accounts. One for streamers and one for viewers. I noticed most streamers tend to flirt more with other streamers. This distracts the audience. There should be a new rule streamers can't view other streamers. Raids should be random not chosen. If this is going to happen. Safety reasons for women streamers being lurk by older male streamers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Banned streamers for lurking and trying to pick up date during live stream. Safety precaution for young ladies streamers whom older men viewers flirting and speaking to them awkwardly during live stream. Stream should be cut off or turn off. Both streamer and viewer should be questioned. Also ban temporarily.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?