Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

629 results found

1. On the desktop web interface for creating clips, you cannot trim or move the start/end trim sliders on touch-only devices.

Please make the input touch-friendly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hello, now, in 2022, there is a huge problem in the asmr category, 70% of streamers began to issue pre-recorded videos for real ones and play them for 40 hours, I think it is forbidden to do this! It became difficult for a real streamer to stream because the category is full of records, please stop streaming the recording and pass them off as a real stream.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I like to do multiple tasks on the PC, And along with watching Twitch, In picture-in-picture mode, Because it's more accessible to watch and do PC tasks on the same screen, But it happens to lose video quality, Not keeping the chosen one, having to change constantly due to the loss of quality, I would like to always keep the chosen quality and not have unwanted changes. Grateful

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There are some inherent severe bugs when it comes to Twitch collections that should get priority to be fixed. I think the reason very few streamers use this feature is because of how broken it is.

⠀1. The default internal links to collections shows an error.

"Sorry. Unless you’ve got a time machine, that content is unavailable." error page which then redirects you to the first video of the collection. Changing the structure of the URL makes this not so, which makes me think its an old oversight/workaround that can easily be repaired.

Examples how to replicate:
    Shows error: https://www.twitch.tv/collections/OIpBrhiazhakWA?filter=collections

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I am not an affiliate, but the VOD settings tell me that my videos will save for 14 days. I've found that this has been changed to 7 days. Please update the VOD menu so that this change is accurate. It's been incorrect for almost 6 months now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I've just cancelled my last remaining Twitch subscription due to today's rollout of your mechanism to defeat tools like streamlink from working. In short, Twitch now requires an integrity check to pass for the playback of a stream, which can only be passed by web browser JS engines. Tools like streamlink which allowed viewing streams in native video players are blocked by this.

There are a lot of excuses people can make on behalf of Twitch as to why they're doing this (and no, not because of viewbotting, that doesn't need to play back the video), but none of this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. example: https://i.imgur.com/o3Fiwei.png

Adding a sound waveform to the highlight tool would allow streamers to quickly find quieter moments of stream to edit out. This can let streamers make highlights more efficiently.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Whenever I try to connect my youtube channel to my account, I get this error: "This channel has no youtube account connected to it" (I'm translating from Italian). My youtube channel until now has always been succesfully connected and I had already exported several streams. Please solve this problem, it is really annoying, thank you.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When I have a 720p stream open on my 1080p monitor, the Display Resolution is 1530x777. This slight bit of scaling can cause a noticeable amount of blur on the stream, most noticeable with small text on the stream.

I am requesting an option where the display resolution would match the stream quality, and just center the actual player in the available player area. If one resizes the browser window smaller then the edges of the display resolution, the edges of the stream would just get pushed under the UI and go offscreen. Plus, I would hope that not dynamically…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I didn't know where else to put this, but I think channels should not have the "live" tag if they are a rerun. Maybe create a new tag that says "Rerun".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. API to upload video for developer
    i am unable to find any API to upload a recorded video to make it live

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If your channel is set to "mature", then all your VODs and Clips are also marked as requiring a "mature" confirmation to view.
    However, a clip from a "mature" stream may, independently, lack any mature content. And it could be that an otherwise family-friendly stream had a somewhat mature moment that was clipped, and rather than removing it to keep the "not-mature" rating on the channel, being able to mark the independent clip as mature would be much more functional.
    Additionally, a streamer may have a "daytime" and "night-time" stream schedule, in which case one stream and its associated VOD…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. With larger international audiences, you're likely going to have some people relying on VODs due to time differences or work/life commitments.

I envision a VOD feature where you can see the VOD player and if you click a button you can see bubbles along the progress bar or a graphic which if you click on brings you to other users watching. I imagine you could have two columns or maybe an interspersed chat so that users can decide what they see.
    The benefit is that people can enjoy watching VODs with others in sync. Sense of community.

Not sure if…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a button to hide thumbnails for clips, the same as how it works for streams/vods.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please, put the bar to increase and decrease the volume using the mouse scroll without having to click.
    This avoids the need to click and drag to adjust the volume.
    On youtube it works like this and makes it very easy when you need to change the volume.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If streamer has the option to publish VODs, we need to be able to play VODs which are currently in progress without stopping at the end of the progress bar.

This will help viewers and moderators watch a cleaner near real-time stream of the VOD, using the streamer selected VOD Track layers in OBS.

This can be adjusted by the streamer so the VOD contains only the game audio and not the streamer yelling their lungs out, Text-To-Speech, music, or alerts..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently in theater mode, snapping half the screen to the side of a normal sized monitor, the chat pulls up below the stream. Unfortunately the chat window is far too small to read anything due to clutter of gifted subs, banners, hype trains and pins. It makes it impossible to read chat with too many of these things at the same time. My current fix is to just remove those overlay elements, but right now it just feels really bad to use when you can only see like 2 lines of chat at a time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I hate using Twitch because EVERY TIME I load the page, a video starts playing somewhere in the background, muted. I don't know if you're aware, but many users don't have unlimited internet bandwidth, so having a video start playing when I can't even hear it is just wasting my data. PLEASE stop doing this. I would love it if there was an option to disable autoplay entirely, but if that's not in the cards, then at least stop muting the audio! If I go to watch a VOD, I want it HEAR it in addition to seeing it. Forcing…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. If someone wants to watch a past VOD and it's been past 60 days or more, it's usually deleted. But, we can change that by letting streamers/creators have an option. When a VOD gets deleted there should be a trashcan/uploading feature on whether they want to delete this VOD or let it be uploaded again for another 60 days.

Or, if that's too much for the streamers to deal with; then there should be an option where chatters can easily vote JUST for themselves if they want to see this VOD again or not, they can also go back and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like to be able to create a clip by passing to a Twitch API the video_id, offset in seconds, duration in seconds, and name of the clip to create.

This should be secured so that only channel owners can, with an OAuth token, create clips on their channel

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 31 32
  • Don't see your idea?