Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

629 results found

1. I cannot find where to start a rerun now that the new changes have been implemented. The dashboard spot got removed and it's not in the list anymore to re-add it to the dashboard. The only trace of reruns I can find is the new check box in the stream info manager.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Pls at least let us sort the Highlight for oldest / newest date just 2 option for me to delete some video. Unless you don't mind I kept that 3000 highlight in twitch server 4ever.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Im someone that rly loves if people do clips on stream, but often it happens that people dont give a name to the clip what makes them hard useless if they are all called like the stream they got created in.

I would like to have the possibility to rename clips created by the viewers if they dont give a proper name to it

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When in theater mode, allow me to toggle visibility of the left 'followed channels' (and 'Recommended Channels' etc) bar.

Alternatively, make the video bigger (so you can't see channel name, title, tags) and allow me to toggle the search bar at the top. In this way, I would be able to have chat, stream and left bar visible, without wasted space by search bar

Currently, there are black bars to the left and right of the video I'm watching, even when chat is open on my ultra-wide monitor. This space could be filled by the bar on the left so…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As the creator author of the videos, I should be able to download the videos without any audio portion muted. It's still fine if the portion is muted when you watch the video but when you want to download the video, the original record without any modification or muting edition should be downloaded.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'd love an option in Advanced Video Settings to disable resizing of the video player, so it stays at the resolution I selected and can instead resize the window around it (or adjust the width of chat). The image clarity when viewing at the set resolution (even more if it's the source resolution) is a lot better than whatever random size fits in the space the player has with the browser full screen or however big it is when it's not full screen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Only other time I had trouble processing a highlight was when it had multiple segments across hours of a VOD; it was painful but I accepted it as a possible limitation. Unfortunately, now, even when I'm trying to highlight a 13-minute segment that has no cuts whatsoever, I get this "error processing" message. I've tried doing this multiple times - reopening the VOD to edit/highlight, restarting the PC, relogging in, same error message. I saw it was an option to have editors create highlights for me but for some reason I can't give anyone this role. My mods told me…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I know Twitch want to save storage, and I have more then 2000 hightlight video all the way from year 2017! And it's very troublesome to keep scrolling down one by one to go to the old one and delete them. Let me sort my highlight by year so I able to delete those I had uploaded to youtube.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Currently, if you have a link to a deleted VOD, there's no way to find who uploaded it. This is very annoying. Say you have an old saved tab with a VOD you were watching. You open it, and it's deleted. You have to guess based on the saved title (if you have it) of the tab who you were watching.

A solution to this issue would be making deleted VOD pages contain the name of or redirect to the channel that uploaded them. Or alternatively just adding an optional (to not break existing links) param to the URL pattern…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow us to download specific chapters from a VOD, since sometimes we want specific parts out of a 6 hour stream, this can make the download take way longer, same goes for the file size

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I've been a twitch viewer since the site started, one thing that occurred to me is that I'd like a completely hands off way to watch twitch, which is sort of has now with hosting and when one streamer ends they can shift you to another streamer, it's one of the best things about twitch imo.

I want to expand on that, I want to be able to personally rate streamers I'm following and opt out of hosting and raiding and instead switch to my preferred next streamer when the stream I'm watching ends, so that I never have to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Twitch, please stop automatically muting the last 2 seconds of each clip in the highlight tool. This is absurd, I have to make all clips longer so the audio isn't cut off at the end of the important part of the clip that I'm making, which makes the clips very awkward by ending with an extra section of unimportant content.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Priority: p3
    Severity: s3
    Description: Logged user volume button not working properly
    Steps: 1: Open stream channel and mute steam volume.
    2: Reload the page.
    3: Click on volume mute button.
    Expected result: When clicking volume mute button to mute and unmute volume.
    Actual result: When clicking volume mute button nothing happens.
    Component: Streamer channel livestream
    Environment: Google Chrome Version: 106.0.5249.120
    Date: 27.10.2022

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Pouvoir sélectionner sur la page des VOD de voir du contenu uniquement si nous sommes abonnés à la chaine ou du contenu dit "gratuit" c'est à dire non abonné aux chaines.
    Cela permettrai de filtrer ce que nous pouvons ou non regarder, et aussi de savoir quel créateur laisse ses rediffusions sans abonnement et/ou avec abonnement.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hi, I have a great idea, which I miss a lot on twitch, and we had a playlist where you can save streams where something funny happened and can find out the stream and see what else happened, maybe clips too, but that would be a great idea and when the VOD is deactivated, the streams are hidden in the playlist and you can no longer click on them

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be very useful if you added a function to the twitch player that takes audio from the streamer as input and outputs subtiles in english. in my case for example i follow a few french streamers but don't know french that well yet and I'd really like to know what they're saying so I searched for browser extensions but couldn't find one that did the job so I'm asking you if you could implement this idea to the platform, thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I highlight all games I play. I have to find out where I started playing it and where I stopped playing it in order to highlight the game part. This can be tedious.

I would love for there to be a feature within the highlight function where you can click on a button that says "Select <game> session". It would then select the part of the VOD where your stream was in a certain game category.

Then all you have to do is adjust it slightly if needed, if that's not needed then you can save the highlight as it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Reruns need to be added back as an option, I don’t understand why it was taken away, yes it may not have been a popular feature but some people still used it! If it was advertised more people may have used it more

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Button toggle option that moves chat to the bottom of the window, or to the side.

When I split screen apps I have to change the size of the window to force the chat to the right and i can actually read chat history rather than when chat is below and you can only see like 5 lines of it. Just let me choose where the chat goes regardless of the size of the window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Let the page for editing clips be embed onto other pages. The current page has such a small amount of features, that I'm sure me and many others would love to expand upon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?