Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

624 results found

1. This isn't the place for this but there is no place for it so it must spill over. This in and of itself is concerning.

You're automated systems have been notifying me about deleting "vods" and changing my account settings. I use my channel to store security footage and run radio station. Security footage that is required for police investigations is sometimes uploaded to YouTube. So if anything you have deleted content that is was being used in a police investigation. I just wanted to let you know, I'm not super concerned with it, I believe the incident in question…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hello!

Us music streamers have the issue of not being able to publish our vods due to DMCA. That means it becomes really difficult to make clips for the new clipping feature on Twitch and uploading them elsewhere.

I have plenty of segments I'd love to clip, but as of now, I have to download the entire stream and edit them myself into segments and then reupload everything. This just doesn't feel very smooth and does not really work well with twitch atm.

I don't believe it would that difficult to make possible. Plez?

Kind Regards,
    mLetting

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. click stream to pause, as it always has been everywhere.
    one click = pause/play
    two click = fullscreen

its incredible that i can click on screen of stream and it doesnt pause. who undoes one of the most basic functions of videos that has been a standard for around 15 years or more
    let me klick the screen to pause ffs

also auto mute ads obviously

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I like to have my on-screen character against the bottom of my stream. I'd like to include it in the small-box portion of the clip editor's new vertical edit mode. Unfortunately, the positioning of the channel name means it covers up a portion of my character's face. Please let me position the channel name to be just slightly lower!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow Streamer to set who can download VODs (viewers, subs, mods) and add a button to download the VOD, also add the option to download the VOD's chat w/o it (it can be a .srt file so it can be used with any player).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hi,

Your support said me that "From September 1, there will be a small change in the VOD retention periods. VODs will remain saved for 60 days for most partners as well as Prime and Turbo users. For affiliates and other streamers, VODs will remain saved for 7 days before being deleted."

Why are you doing this ? To be affiliated takes time, a lot of time. You have to keep your spirits up and fight.

There is nothing worse than having a page without vod when you come across a streamer. It's empty, it doesn't make you want to.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Screenshots:
    https://i.imgur.com/9UTWcep.png
    https://i.imgur.com/yholAJa.png

Problem:
    The columns for Channel, Featured, Created, and Views are all obscenely wide, which leaves no room at all for the Title. Now we can only see the first word of the titles, making it much too hard to identify clips without clicking on every single one.

Solution 1: Widen column for title, and narrow columns for Channel, Featured, Created, and Views.

Solution 2: Give users the ability to adjust the column width ourselves by dragging lines left and right.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please make it possible to create a clip within the Highlighter. It's much easiert to check for markers and create a clip from there. I use a CLIP Marker to notify me after the stream if something is worthy to clip. Would be much easier in the Highlighter.
    Otherwise I would need to open the stream and skip to the timestamp manually. Way more steps than in the Highligher.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Exporting previous broadcasts and highlighted VODs have been broken for 2 days for editors.

The streamer themselves can export just fine, however the editor role gives a 403 error message with a blank white page and a followed error message that the channel is not connected to YouTube.

I've tested and replicated the bug on my channel and others where I have editor role and made sure that the channels are connected to YouTube. Refreshing the connection by disconnecting and reconnecting doesn't seem to repair the problem.

Screenshot of the error: https://imgur.com/a/y0iDB8Y

Best regards
    Cragsand

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Some viewers may notice up to three new buttons below the video player of live channels: Rewind the Stream, Remind Me, and Watch Trailer.

We're rolling out this update for testing purposes, to help inform future features. This experiment is expected to last one month.

We'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions. We look forward to hearing your feedback!

173 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sería bueno que no sólo podamos recortar en trozos de 15 minutos nuestros vídeos, sino que pudiésemos elegir a poder ser el minuto exacto donde se producen los recortes, o si esto es muy complicado indicar tu mismo que trozee en X minutos exactos, por ejemplo en 60 minutos, o 30 minutos, porque lo de los 15 minutos se queda muy corto para gente que tenemos directos muy largos.

Incluso esta ventaja la podéis ofrecer para los afiliados o parnets para así alentar que consigan ese grado en twitch.

Saludos y espero que os guste la idea. Muchas gracias.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The live count should represent viewers that are logged into their twitch account, not everybody that happens to be viewing a stream.

The whole point of live streaming is interacting with viewers, bringing a creator and their community closer. If you are not logged into an account, you cannot chat, get channel points, use emotes, or otherwise interact with either the streamer or their chat. Viewers who are not logged in do not reap the benefits of attending a live stream, as such they should not be able to contribute to the live viewer count.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Every streamer's volume is a bit different.

Create a new option to allow the system to retrieve the last volume used for a given channel.

When viewing a new streamer just keep the volume as is.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I request that the 100 collection limit be removed or raised.

A channel can have an infinite amount of videos uploaded / highlighted / clipped, but can only organise them into 100 playlists. Once you've played 100+ games, you're out of luck.

For variety streamers who play many different games and would like their content to be accessible and organised, this limit has forced alternative options (like off-site re-uploading / messy collection systems).

I would like to keep my community ON Twitch, and I would like ALL content that I've made remain in one place, organised, rather than providing various…

313 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Similar to YouTube where you can save vods from different channels to a playlist to watch back to back instead of having to hunt through the channels you normally watch.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Ana responded

Hey,

Thank you for your suggestion - it's great. Just wanted to mention I have moved it to Video Features > VODs for further consideration. Have a good day!

16. This is a nits and not urgent bug.

I found that the display of the number of viewers in the web UI is NaN when I locate my mouse cursor on the following streamer's icon on the left side of the page. This only happens when I use a display which has narrow width. (ex. In my case, I turn my display 90 degree and make it vertical, and I get this bug.) Please take a look and fix.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I do enjoy the fact you added it so we can edit our clips and save them but you took out the feature that let you save the original. And while using it on the phone it's impossible to move where the web camera is supposed to be .. and also why not make a section on twitch and call it clips showdown or something and makes it so people can scroll thru clips related to games they like and you can add your clips to the list by publishing it to them . Not just any clip you make

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A suggestion of an idea that it would be good if you implemented it, in the clips panel there should be an option to be able to make more personalized searches of the clips, to be able to filter the clips by year, month, day and also the possibility of searching for a clip by name

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. id like an option to have a chat box within the same window of the stream im viewing but also not off to the side... basically under the stream. i split screen my ultra wide and the amount of wasted space under and above the streamers i view is more noticeable than even id like to admit

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. All streamers and viewers see how many are watching. A good idea would be to have 3 views on the live feed. The existing view count along with carousel, and a total of both. It would be beneficial for a performance, and for the ones viewing. It would be a moral boost for all involved. The stream summary that streamers receive after a show represents this. So why not have this info live as it happens.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    More Info Needed  ·  Ana responded

Could you please clarify this? What do you mean by have 3 views on the live feed? Which carousel? Thanks in advance for clearing this up.

1 2 6 8 10 31 32
  • Don't see your idea?