Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please log the held restricted/monitored messages from suspicious users like automod comments are logged.

Due to the nature of a lot of traffic in large channels, messages in the Suspicious Users widget in mod view expire leaving banned users logs empty with only the message prompting you to go to the mod view widget and who banned them.

This potential oversight not logging the actual message could lead to another mod seeing a user banned for no reason if the banning mod fails to leave a mod comment or the offenders username isn't an obvious tell to a ban evader.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  User Card  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Right now there isn't an option to report an account for impersonating another user. It's really easy for someone to make an account with a similar name by substituting an uppercase I for a lowercase L (I vs l) or with any other kind of letter/number substitution.

There should be an option to easily report an account for impersonating someone else.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Report Tool and Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Twitch should offer a more in-depth mental health section that not only focuses on streamer health (i.e. suicide prevention/depression) but also the streamer/follower relationship. Offering resources for those who do not understand that the streamer cannot always respond/ may not share the same feelings as the viewer. Essentially, we need a "how to use Twitch in a healthy, responsible manner" section, to educate all parties involved.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safety Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I think we need some more options to find a more accurate statement about what we are reporting a stream or a VOD for.

The last two times I reported someone, I couldn’t find an option for either something along the lines of ”inappropriate material” or ”harassing other users” which I honestly feel are quite normal things one could report another for.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Report Tool and Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It is a common occurrence for moderators to judge transgressions differently from each other, or from the broadcaster, and apply different timeout lengths. I feel moderators could benefit from having the timeout duration for the specified user not overridden by subsequent timeouts, but rather have a notice given to the mods specifying the remaining timeout for that person.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When the streamer is trying to do something and you post something you wanna delete you cant delete it yourself if ur a mod so Could you guys add it?

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hello, I have felt like there are a few things that have been concerning for small streamers in regards to some of the ways their account/channels in particular have been handled. Being aware that putting out content on the internet brings a platform for all types of eyes which in turn puts creators at a risk for various sorts of individuals who come in and out of their streams who may have ill intentions. There have been a few instances where creators feel they were singled out. Harassment being an example I personally feel should be something that, if possible,…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. if a account has been banned it needs to go threw a process before they can change just like when you have a emote removed because that is ban evading and they are still able to lurk and be around we currently see this going on with accounts that have been banned by multiple streamers but just change there name and continue to troll and bother the streamers

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Suspension Appeal Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Anyone is currently able to access deleted Clips and VODs via a Twitch database that is open and accessible via the stream ID. This is incredibly dangerous, as personal information such as addresses, names, employment, etc., may have been accidentally disclosed on stream, and is now permanently saved for the public to access at anytime, even if the VOD or Clip is quickly deleted.

PLEASE close this server access to the public for our safety!

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would love to see Twitch implement a feature that allows Streamers to set up a hard block for users with XX (configurable by streamer) amount of currently active bans.

This feature alone would greatly reduce the serial trollers that do nothing but jump from stream to stream trolling and getting banned.

It would also be great to have a feature that allows Mods and Streamers alike to see how many active bans a viewer has.

Thank you for your consideration.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When you click on a users chat logs, then click off and the user has sent messages later in the stream then the chat logs won't update. Its a big pain when you look at the logs of a user and need to look at them again in an hour or so but the logs haven't updated and you need to refresh your chat window.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The new restrictions on verified chat requires using a personal mobile number only??? You want me to expose my personal mobile number to being hacked or used for your marketing purposes? I have a VOIP number associated with my my email and mobile number for the purpose of keeping things separated that I have used for SEVEN YEARS for security purposes. It is a shame that you don't respect your user's privacy and security. The recent hack of Twitch is proof I don't want you to have my personal mobile number. You need to change the requirement, since I have…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Chat Verification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I'd really love to have a content warning system similar to the tag system. It would auto-populate based on the current game or let streamers add warnings for Just Chatting or Talkshow streams. I'd prefer the system to be more opt-in than a popup every time you enter a stream. It would have a button near the category and tags part of the UI that reveals relevant warnings. It would be super nice if it could be user configurable to display a pop up only if a user navigates to a stream that contains a warning they've chosen to be…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I see how the unban request option can be helpful, especially in the situation of accidental bans/misunderstandings, but many bans that are carried out are intentional and for outright hateful behavior, and the unban requests associated with those are usually filled with more hateful speech that mods and streamers shouldn't be exposed to.
    It would be very helpful to have an option when banning to say "this was intentional and we don't need any further contact with this user"

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the request. This was actually our first idea too, but it’s been difficult to think of a way to do it without making the Ban flow too complicated, especially for Mods who are currently using the Mod Action buttons next to messages to Ban.

15. The Twitch community is composed of people from around the world, coming from unique political backgrounds and cultures.

Prohibiting games enforces a specific view of the world to the Twitch community as to what is acceptable or not, censoring content with valuable gameplay and cultural content in the process.

As of this writing, the list of prohibited games are either due to violence, sex, or any game with the "Adults Only (AO)" ESRB rating. While this could be argued to be a good thing for kids, Twitch has already a "Mature Content" flag in its channel settings for this specific…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When we use tags on Twitch, it can and has alerted trolls to the streamer. This does not make the streamer themselves feel safeguarded. Now while it is known that this is not the easiest. It might be an idea to try this out:

For each tag, create a moderation kit/folder which contains grouped banned words that can be automatically added to the streamers automod ruleset list. What this will do is auto filter and timeout trolls that come into the streamers channel.

An example would be:
    Black Tag - This folder would contain common racial slurs along with different…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bot spam, bulk follows, etc. have always been a problem but it seems that this is only growing more prevalent as time goes on. Additionally, the phenomenon of troll raids has been something I've become more aware of over time and suspect is growing as well.

Having a feature where streamers and moderators can bulk select users based on criteria (e.g. follow age, view time, joining from a specific raid, message pattern posted in chat, user name, etc.) and then use a single action to report and ban / timeout / block users would be immensely helpful in combating these…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be very useful if mod logs showed timeout and banned messages under the 'bans' and 'timeouts' tabs so mods don't have to scroll forever though their messages trying to find why a user had a past ban or timeout. Since mods can't put a reason why someone is banned or timed out for every user they moderate. Especially in a high traffic stream.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Card  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Having the ability to easily and quickly permit links from users would be a great help. Most of us use bots like Nightbot, Moobot, Streamlabs/Elemets to deal with links in chat we don't want and auto block them but with BTTV we were able to click on a user name and clikc !permit for that user.

My idea is that either add that feature to Mod View when we clikc a name or better yet, force Auto Mod to grab the links first and then allow mods to permit it if we so desire. This then give the user who…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There is a checkbox in "Channel & Videos" tab of your channel settings, called "Opt out of globally banned words filter".

I had it enabled since I started streaming a month ago. And today I discovered, that it does not work - some words, like "tranny" for example, are still replaces with asterisks to everyone else in chat. I was disappointed.

I despise any form of censorship. When I come to other streams and I see their chat rules "Be nice, no spam..." - I respect the rules. Its their choice. Why can't Twitch respect my own choice to treat…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?