Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1133 results found

1. I am seeing, Bot Follows, Bot Hosts and Bot Viewers. I really don't care about the Bot - Viewers - but the Follows and Hosts are creating false hopes and damaging the New Streamer vibe for those wanting to acquire new viewers with their talent/personality/gaming etc. I think some or maybe more of us would Agree that this would be great if we could reduce the number of bots by implementing some sort of identifier or a bot blocker that could be added to ones streams/channel.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. With the wave of mass-deletion we have found that the methods for reviewing DMCA claims and taking appropriate action has been like trying to change a light bulb with no hands.

I propose:

Since all deleted content is held in archives, it should become viewable to only the streamer who can selectively re-publish content that does not have DMCA strikes. Furthermore, they can take action to mute content, appeal or delete the content totally.

Any content with a DMCA strike goes into the "hidden" directory that the creator can access. They will then have some options for how to handle…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It's too easy to create an account so once a user reports a bot account the staff bans them, they get a new IP and are ready to go again.

If you implement a shadowbanning system where their messages appear in chat but not to other users then that means that staff only have to ban the user once as they will not make a new account. It would be like a global ignore feature except the person being banned will not know that they have been ignored by every user. This would make the staffs job so much easier…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There needs to be a way to completely ban a user from entering your channel and seeing your profile/streams. There's been a Twitch partner that's been straight up stalking me and they do nothing about it. The most I can do is ban him from the chat. It doesn't stop him from showing up when I stream (which makes me feel extremely uncomfortable), or when I'm hosting someone.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. After suffering from bot attacks for 3 months, I ended up having two ideas that could solve everyone's problem regarding bots.

One of them would be to create a "Follow Lock" system that consists of not leaving accounts that were created in X time (Decided by the Streamer/Mod) cannot follow the channel since most Bot Follows are around the same Day and Month.

And the other way would be a system that when the person gives the Follow they would have to go through manual approval done by the Streamer/Mod so they can simply accept who can or cannot follow…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have been affiliated for almost a year now, and I am getting frustrated with how emotes are being rejected or approved. I seriously do NOT understand how Twitch can allow gasm emotes with drool, a hand slapping a butt, etc for so many other streamers (seemingly those that make Twitch more money than us smaller streamers) yet I have an emote that is Indiana Jones whipping a peach that is rejected and I even made my channel for mature audiences only. Obviously we all know, as adults, what my animated emote is alluding to but it is WAY less…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The community guidelines currently prohibit the encouragement, the use of, or generally endorsing sexual orientation conversion therapy.

This is good, but I would also like to see the same things being prohibited for gender conversion therapy.

Transgender people - especially youth - are often forced to undergo conversion therapy by their parents, their religion, etc, in order to force them to stop being trans. Just like sexual orientation conversion therapy, this does not work and actually harms the person undergoing it.

If Twitch truly cares about minorities, they need to include gender conversion therapy alongside sexual oreientation conversion therapy in…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Here is the solution for bot raiding and bot following.

https://prnt.sc/20rpx39

Here is a screenshot from control panel. I think it would be easy to just add one more option for "FOLLOWING / Raiding / Hosting" like you cant follow / raid / host this channel because your account doesnt have at least one month or more from creation

My channel is spanish based language, so excuse me for the spanish language in the screenshot.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sorry but that was literally the stupidest TOS change you’ve made to date. I don’t want freaking **** on my twitch app and twitch should not be a site that hosts ****. And the fact that you’re well aware of how many minors use your app yet you still decided to allow sexual content is absolutely disgusting. And don’t try to use the “Well we’ll label it as sensitive content so kids don’t access it” excuse. Unless you have a valid way of verifying age, kids CAN and WILL easily bypass these warning and watch these sexual streams. This was…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. While I fully support any creator's right to produce whatever content they wish within Twitch's TOS, there are many users who for multiple reasons, do not wish to view Sexualised Content.

Currently, even if a streamer marks their content with the 'Sexual Themes' tag, I still see thumbnails of them performing sexualised content in my Browse view, and often see a second or two of sexualised content before the 'warning screen' appears. On top of this, I'm also seeing sexualised content in their stream titles.

I would like to see a default setting in User Preferences where users are asked…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Recently (coinciding with the Helix Raids API being released in open beta), the rate limit on "Raid Now" has been increased to 10 per 10 minutes.

Previously this was set to 3 per 30 minutes (and was even abused by hate raiders who found a bypass for this rate limit; now, such a bypass isn't even necessary as a malicious user can do 60 raids per hour instead of just 6).

There is no normal use case I can think of that justifies this high of a rate limit, and it is ripe for abuse: trolls can create accounts…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Twitch I been watching some of the small streams in the sports channel and I notice something that needs to be taking care of quickly. There are a lot of perverts going to kids twitch channels and asking them to show their feet. When the kid refuse they end up getting ban. I was so confused, i was thinking how a channel could be ban for not showing their feet to perverts but i realized that if someone was to report a channel for being underage then that channel would be ban in like 2 or 3 minutes. The parts…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hi, today I was at work and I have the right to go on any platform that is SFW when im free, so I often go on TWITCH.

The problem here is that I got a strike and almost lost my job because there is stream appearing at the front page featuring softcore **** (Obvious sexualisation while wearing as less as possible cloths).

I really like looking at streamers playing video games and also learning things, but your platform host NSFW content wich is weird for a gaming platform.
    I can't explain how frustrating being talk down by my employer…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Dear Twitch Overlords and Emperors (and maybe Mr. Bezos himself),

My name is Rob and I hail from a band called Psychostick, and we've been active professionally since about 2005. We've gone through the gamut of the music business in our own way and have learned quite a bit about the inner workings of the industry.

The DCMA thing is something us artists respect and appreciate, however since this takedown drama started happening, I believe there's a simple (but probably not easy) solution to this problem that terrestrial radio stations have been abiding by since music became an "industry."

Bars,…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The permitted terms that are added do not end up permitting the word to be used in chat. For example, blocking the word "sex" prevents the chat from using the pride emotes that have the words "sex" in it due to the wildcard. It would be nice if Twitch found a way to sort the Permitted Words list and allow it so the permitted words actually allow the viewers to say the word in chat without it still being blocked.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Can you please clarify what term(s) you’re adding to the Permitted Terms list in this example? Are you saying you’ve added “sex” as a Blocked Term, “pansexual” as a Permitted Term, and you still can’t use the Pansexual Pride emote?

17. you recently updated the sexual tos https://safety.twitch.tv/s/article/Updating-our-Approach-to-Sexual-Content-and-Content-Classification-Labels?language=en_US states that I shouldn't be getting recommendations with naked or basically naked, but top of recomendations is just strippers with barely covering nips doing sex dances for subs and bits, with *** out, **** out showing underboob constantly and not even tagged or classified, literally it's the day you've changed the guidelines and all recommendations are flooded with unwatchable trash degrading the platform. Can we filter out these so you don't get recommended these, can you make it so it's own category not just chatting which every stream does and means usally chatting,…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The New Content Classification drop down appeared today and the mature content has been removed. However, The categories need to be developed further and made clearer.

For example - In my stream I have always put the mature content warning on - not for any specific reason. Occassionally there is some light harmless inuendo as part of the banter (nothing really worse than someone mispeaking something that sounded a bit rude, or someone making a 'said the actress to the bishop' comment.)

According to the new options, this would mean I would have to label my stream as having 'Sexual…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Channel-following bot attacks seem to be back again. It is quite upsetting when content creators are streaming wether talking with the chat or just playing while they tell viewers how they feel when all of a sudden a bunch of notifications with pretty weird names pop up.

Streamers and viewers know that it is quite difficult to control these attacks considering that they are done every day, at any time. Despite the fact that there are some tools that in one way or another allow us to remove these bots, many of us believe that it would be better to…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have a friend who streams on this platform, she was wrongfully given a strike a few months ago and even though your team acknowledged that it was done in error the strike has still not been removed. She has now received a second strike for inappropriate attire even though she is always very careful to ensure she follows TOS so we are unsure of exactly what the violation was but she is now looking at a possible third strike and banning because she still has a wrongful strike on her account and we don't understand what the second strike…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 56 57
  • Don't see your idea?