Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1130 results found

1. 209 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Children and young adults are more likely to become gambling addicts when exposed to it.

202 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I think the new content classification feature is an incredibly useful tool to have. Allowing creators to specify their content and giving an audience the ability to know that a stream may have something that is not for them is great!

As a streamer who is SFW and doesn't have any content that would fall under these classifications, though, the loss of the maturity tag means that I am losing a valuable feature to keep my community safe.

Why I don't want children in my space despite being completely SFW:
    It is a LOT of work to keep children safe…

199 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. get a hold of the people that openly say on Twitter that they organize bot spams that specifically target POC and LGBTQ+ streamers

188 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

100 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Given the widespread use of hostile bots on Twitch right now by bad actors, particularly those targeting LGBTQIA+ and BIPOC communities, it would be great if we could have a RegEx pattern block/ban/follow restriction option. A number of the accounts being spun up for the purpose of harassing and stealing the identities of streamers have consistent name patterns, and being able to issue a regex block/ban on those patterns would be useful.

This sort of feature would obviously be something that streamers would have to use at their own risk. Overly inclusive block/ban patterns could potentially limit legitimate viewers. But…

186 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Recently a lot of streamers have been getting DMCA notices for streams that are 2-3 years old. 50 Cent - In Da Club has been flagged on many channels along with other music from RIAA. This is a problem because streamers are now scared of getting punished or banned off the platform for listening to the music they want to listen to. This is not good for the longevity of the platform if it wants to survive the entertainment industry.

To be brutally honest, Twitch is not good for the music industry at all. If a streamer has 10,000 viewers…

174 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be great if new users were required to fill out a CAPTCHA before making an account. It would help get rid of all the fake engagement and prevent mass of bot accounts from being made.

Twitch use to have it in 2017, but it appears to be gone now - its unclear if removing CAPTCHA from account creation was intentional or accident.

167 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have reported over 600 fake troll accounts and yet STILL Twitch seem to refuse to do anything. NOW we find that if we complain or have a go at these trolls we can get banned ourselves ?

164 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Evidence of the situation I describe will be at the end of this description.

Twitch streamers are being DMCA'd despite deleting all of their old VODs and clips that they were told to delete. For those that aren't aware, that media never actually got deleted, just taken off of Twitch. Every old VOD and clip that has ever existed (yes that includes banned streamers) are still stored on a server that Twitch owns.

Now you may be wondering why this is an issue, and more importantly, why is this only an issue now? Well here's the thing: The server hosting…

161 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. This is simply a copy paste of a reply from a recent reddit post on the subject. It's un edited for this purpose but it gets the point across. (Seeing as there are already 2 people asking for nudity, I figured the counter needed a spot)

I'm a Creative streamer. Long before Creative was a thing. I don't want nudity as part of broadcasts. Why? Several reasons. I run a business. Customers come to my channel to see my work, and one of the problems with nudity is that I don't want my business to be associated with it -…

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There has been much talk on the r/Twitch reddit regarding the large amount of mass join bots. These bots, although they haven't broken a rule, are quite annoying to many people. Especially the ones that randomly follow/unfollow during a stream just trying to get attention.

I believe many people would really appreciate some sort of a feature like /hide NAME that will remove the username from the chatter list and possibly block them from following. If it is indeed a bot there is no harm done.

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Will you oppose any proposal going through Congress, such as the one passing through it right now, that would make streaming copyrighted content a felony with prison time?

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This is directly copied from the proposal update from Jambo, which states as follows:

"Twitch Safety Support - Update Proposal by Jambo

1. UPDATED REPORTING TOOL
      Twitch’s reporting tool is outdated, and needs to be revamped. The biggest suggestion for this is to have a lesser detailed reporting still available on profiles but provide a link to something similar to submitting a ticket, but will allow the user to submit images as well as links (currently images cannot be uploaded with a report) be marked ‘high priority.’

2. HAVE A DIRECT CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS FOR PARTNERS
      Along with an updated reporting tool,…

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Surely you guys have seen what has recently happened with the "ASMR Category" with two big streamers. Now I will say good job on banning them. But I think those bans should uphold and remain permanent to further back up the message that states. "That type of content is not allowed on twitch"

It's too suggestive the line was pushed too far.

Unless you guys want to make an 18+ category or a whole new site altogether adhering to that. Either way some sort of enforcement needs to be put into place. With a CLEAR understanding of what is /…

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Is there a better way to filter or make sure that if I have my channel in Mature Audience only, that it is understood? Like can we have a little rating setting we can place or have it be better defined in the Topic/Category settings for streams? As well as if there is a way we can make sure it keeps the chat/audience of age?

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. As you might have expereinced, when chat is moving fast but someone needs a message deleted or timedout/banned mods can sometimes missclick due to the fast moving chat, now while we do have the pause chat option this can still happen due to a flinch or a nudge from a pet or someone else, what I am suggesting is an undelete/restore function within the chat for mods.

If someone was banned by accident or timedout all their messages are purged, but how about when you undo the mistken action you have the option to restore that persons messages within the…

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently, if I block a person on Twitch, they can still see my messages in Twitch chat. I think it would be a lot better if a person cannot see the messages of someone who has them blocked, in the same way I can't see their messages if I have them blocked. It should go both ways.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. As a streamer and Twitch viewer, I use this platform daily. I personally do not have much opinion on the updated approach regarding Twitch's policies on sexual content and classification labels, and it may benefit some. However, I believe there has been a major oversight when rolling out these changes.

I am aware that streams marked with the Sexual Themes tag will not be displayed on the home page (logical enough), yet they still show up in other categories. The preview thumbnails even showcasing full nudity (and some potential rule breaks surpassing just "artistic nudity"), while I am just trying…

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Several users that have been banned in the channel I mod for ignore the unban request feature and DM the streamer directly. This has always been an incredibly toxic interaction and really defeats the purpose of banning someone in the first place. Banned chatters shouldn't be able to DM the streamer of a channel they're banned from.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would love if the whole process of reporting someone came with a bit more transparency in regards to what then happens.

When reporting a user today, you're left with the message "Thank you for your report", and that's it. From that point, you have no way of knowing what happens, and you never hear back from Twitch in regards to the outcome of your report.

I would like to suggest that a bit of transparency is introduced to this process.
    If reports were treated like bug reports/feature suggestions, sending us an automated e-mail with a ticket-number attached, it would…

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?