Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1129 results found

1. "Whoops. Something went wrong," is about the most confusing and least helpful error message that you could provide for twitch users when their clips fail due to copyright music.

How about, "This clip failed due to copyright music?"

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

28 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. If everyone who wanted to use recorded music paid a fee, like $10-$20 a month then there should be no issue with streaming copyrighted music. As a Dj i belong to "record pools" where we pay a fee every month to get music. Spotify charges you as well as apple and amazon music so what's the difference. I stream my dj sets for all my truck friends and the music is in the background while we watch videos. Im not making money and dont care to just using the chat and having fun, so for me id pay a respectable…

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. After the bot attacks on twitch Vtuber channels in those days, i think it's necessary, NOW, a feature which block bots from following channels, the idea should be this : an unverified account gets blocked from the start to follow a channel if that account isnt verified, remember that to create a verified account it's necessary to doing a longer process so the bot buyer much necessarily taking more time and they will give up. Or something which work like that to fight bots.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There are people on Twitch, who have a program that allows bot spamming in chats. They buy accounts somewhere in the form of login:oauth:token and connect them to their program.
    They used to spam ads to promote themselves, now they do that to create conflicts between streamers or just to mess with streamers.

It is possible to get an Oauth:token through the Twitch API request, using apps verified by Twitch.
    If I understood correctly from the developer's words, Twitch can get info about a token that sent the message.

My way of dealing with people that spam is (или я…

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The automated muting of VODs is unevenly applied and mutes too much.

During a recent co-op stream, me and the other streamer both listened to a song that was posted in one of our chats. My VOD was muted for copyrighted music (which is fair, I'm not disputing that). However, there are two problems with this:

1. My VOD was muted, but the other streamer was not, even though we listened to the >exact< same song.

2. Way too much of my VOD was muted. The muted section of the VOD goes on for far longer than it actually played on the…

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I guess it would make sense to put this somewhere in the User's settings, but it would be convenient for a user to see a list of all channels that they're banned from chatting in. Channels can currently see all the users who are banned from chatting in their channel, but what about a list of channels that have banned the user from chatting in their chats. This would also make it easier to figure out which channels to speak to and try to get unbanned from.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. if a user has a streaming license for music, can the account be geo-restricted for the covered territories, or noted that a license is held on providing proof of license?

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have an option to download and/or export the original unmuted version of the VOD, if the streamer wishes to export the unmuted version to YouTube or download the unmuted version to edit out the copyrighted music, so the streamer has an unmuted version for a highlight.

Another potential option is to have the same thing, but make it a tool on the Twitch website (like where the past broadcasts are stored). As in, having the streamer edit out unmuted parts, but make it so they're not just separate VODS- have the choice to merge them together.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Twitch recently changed their content policy to allow more leniency around sexual content. Given the rampant child exploitation issues that have plagued Twitch for years, combined with the fact that Twitch allows children as young as 13 years old to stream on the platform, there is a serious concern that these changes could give child predators additional opportunities for harm.

Particularly concerning is that Twitch has not clarified in its content policy that the new sexual guidelines (or the old ones, for that matter), apply only to adult users of the platform. For example, Twitch indicates that sexual themes such…

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Concerning the issue of malicious individuals using multiple accounts to target specific users in order to abuse the measures mentioned above and force their suspension, I think chat-related issues can usually managed within channel moderation grounds without any active involvement of Twitch, except for the cases in which severe violations occure.

The current system imposes a 14-day suspension for repeated harassment towards others, which I consider excessive, for it can lead to mumerous mistaken suspensions. Additionally, avenues for appealing these suspensions are limited, raising concerns that users may leave Twitch if this issue persists.

Many acquaintances have experienced mistaken suspensions,…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. First of all, y’all ban hard working streamers for accidentally opening a page on there stream that they have no control of what is gonna pop up. While y’all have this female streamer being almost fully nude on stream while there is little kids watching, and they get away with almost anything. But as soon as some hard working male streamers accidentally open a link against tos y’all ban them and don’t even send them a email of there suspension? Please make this make sense cause I’m speechless. I have no word to describe how disappointed I am with twitch.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Seen two twitch streamers getting hit with what can only be described as a bot flood follow iam talking 1000+ Followers, Created by some sort of bot, is there an option to protect streamers from this kinda flood bot

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Here's a bunch of ideas of mine that should work if taken into consideration.

As for when I was back on YouTube Gaming , YouTube would block the stream temporarily while copyrighted music is playing that didn't allow revenue ( adrev ) to be given to the holder - no strike is given unless it is video related like a movie/tv show.

Example of money going to copyright holder on YouTube ( doesn't get blocked from a vod ) - https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/474829729128513536/776142264358535188/unknown.png

Blocked music ( this would be completely blocked from the stream ) -
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/474829729128513536/776142610455855146/unknown.png

When it might get blocked…

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In your own TOS you allow:
    Building construction sets (Lego, Erector sets, Mega Bloks, K'nex, Duplo, etc) or model kits (Warhammer, Gundam, and etc)

You do not, however, allow:
    Toy assembly

How do you know that the Gundams etc. Will not be used as toys once they are done? How can you be sure they will not be gifted to a family member and that they will use them as toys.

Toy assembly should be allowed.

You do not allow: Unboxing
    But yet many people do unboxing streams (primarly "big streamers")

You do not allow: Playing puzzles
    But you allow…

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Greetings,

Please keep streams that are obviously deliberately sexually provocative out of just chatting.

Like a stream I just saw with someone laying on their bed with their butt as the focus in skin tight legging and legs spread widely. They are not even facing the camera. And writing names on their butt for tips. It is ridiculous.

I am sick of seeing these in Just Chatting. Either force them into a category or don't allow it.

Thanks

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently right now if you report a bunch of ban evading accounts , bot accounts you are limited to 50 accounts ( per 30 minutes/per day - it really depends ).

My idea is to allow no limit on reports for partners affiliates and known accounts ( 90 days ). I feel with this sorta arrangement people will be more wanting to use it vs avoiding it.

It would also be nice to be able to get back a message saying what account in question was removed/suspended/actioned on so we better clearly know what account. ( I do know that…

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. With the new Content Classification system that has come into use today, replacing the mature content setting, there is one issue that I believe should be looked at.

Fully family friendly streams who are playing limited aspects of a game (such as an MMO) should be able to toggle off the automated label, as the interstitial shown to viewers will discourage viewers who would otherwise be watching said family friendly content.

For example, I stream the Elder Scrolls Online, which carries an ESRB rating purely for content in quests and dungeons. However, all I stream is housing tours, looking at…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hello,

Being follow-botted in a stream is not something that is pleasant when the streamer wants authentic following.

When this happens, there is no way to stop it. Streamers wishing to remove these fake followers must manually remove them.

This burden can be lightened if there would be a way in the Twitch channel / live settings to block the Follow feature for some time and unblock it later.

This feature request will help streamers block these follow-bot attacks and help them retake control of their stream.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Will you, right now in public, make a commitment to protect streamers who are acting in good faith who get hit with DMCA notices?

Look at Github and what they committed to within a very short time after youtube-dl was taken down earlier this year. They are protecting their creators rather than treating them like criminals. Can Twitch do the same?

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I think there should be a 'flashing lights' label on the new Content Classification label system.
    It would be helpful for people with Epilepsy and light sensitivity.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?