Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I've been spending a lot of time at Twitch for the last two years. I see that there are still very important problems that have not improved in time. This is one of the problems: for example, when large broadcasters host small broadcasters at the end of the broadcast, in the small broadcasters' chat room there can be some users who share inappropriate links, make toxicities, and make spam. Small or new publishers remain uninformed in this event. I mean, they can't handle what's going on in the chat rooms. So the broadcasters cannot do their job properly. Foreseeing that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A system where trolls / generally harmful viewers get negative karma when they are timeout, kicked or banned from channels. And some positive karma gaining system for viewers who follow guidelines. And then something for streamers to limit bad karma accounts harassing them. IMO could be very useful. Thoughts?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please add a Follow button to the viewer card in chat. Specifically the class "tw-bottom-0 viewer-card_actions". For non-techs, the Viewer Card is the pop-up that happens when you click someone's name in chat.

A good amount of streamers like to shout out people in their chat who also stream, or based on a chat discussion, you may want to follow someone who is participating in chat. It's a poor choice of design flow that a button exists to "Add Friend" but not to Follow them. It would be much easier to have a button right there in the Viewer Card…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Card  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dear Twitch,

We are now dealing with a new threat of bot accounts. These accounts sit lurking in channel, possibly logging info of either streamers or chatters. They may be using this info for giveaway sniping, or possible future bot attacks, including viewer bots, follower bots, and even spam bots. They sit there and do nothing, they follow us to other streams we host/raid. We ban them, not like they ever say anything, but to prevent them from spreading, we need a way to KICK THEM OFF THE CHANNEL.

Recently had a run in with "Opentwitchbot" whom acknowledges that they…

857 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

173 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, I know that this is a very late response, but we’re hoping to find time to address this issue later this year. There are a few steps we’ll have to take to solve this problem in a way that will work for all streamers, but we understand the severity of the issue.

5. Currently, the mod view of a user exposes bans and timeouts specific to the channel. Expose bans and timeouts across all of Twitch.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow mods to highlight users so that they can see them easier in chat. This would make it easier to mod repeat offenders.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. If another moderator hurries to Deny a message, all info pertaining to this message is lost as it removes itself. Could this potentially remain but just have the button removed and say (Actioned by ModeratorExample123)?

This allows us to deny the message, add the blocked terms and then also timeout/ban the user in question.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Since the creation of twitch creative last year, there's been a great community growing. Twitch has made a new and exciting platform for artists to connect with their audience that hasn't really existed before. It allows for such a personal connection between the art, artist, and viewer. When I see artwork from an artist that I watch regularly, not only do I see their beautiful creation, I remember special moments when they completed a section of their work.

On October 28th, 2015, when Twitch creative was announced on the Twitch blog they wrote, ”We expect to learn much about what…

602 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. as a mod it would be helpful if i could talk to all the other mods without having to whisper them each individually once by one.....all we would have to do is type "/modchat <message>" and it would show up in chat like the ban, timeout, purge messages do. All mods can communicate without the rest of chat seeing it. Also, they can be pinned for important channel stuff like in discord, so any mod coming into chat can see what's new or changed with regards to the stream rules and such

460 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hello! I think everyone knows about this problem... You're chilling in a big stream with around 20.000 Viewers and the Moderators need to inform the chat about something. Well, since there are so many people in the chat, moderator-messages are gonna be overlooked really fast. So, I've came up with the Idea that moderator are able to "pin" messages that will be shown above the chat for maybe 5-10 seconds or until they get "unpinned".
    preview of how a pinned message could look like http://i.imgur.com/yGzH6Nm.png
    Sorry for my english... I hope you could understand my Idea c:

690 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Currently, the only way to view people banned from the channel is the channel settings. I think it would be very useful to have some kind of moderator dashboard which displays it as well.

Each entry on the ban list should include: date, current username, mod who performed the action and a space for adding the reason of the ban (editable by the mod and channel editors). It could also be useful if the entry listed up to 5 recent messages by that person posted before getting banned.
    The list itself should be searchable by username.
    When a user gets…

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. In your own TOS you allow:
    Building construction sets (Lego, Erector sets, Mega Bloks, K'nex, Duplo, etc) or model kits (Warhammer, Gundam, and etc)

You do not, however, allow:
    Toy assembly

How do you know that the Gundams etc. Will not be used as toys once they are done? How can you be sure they will not be gifted to a family member and that they will use them as toys.

Toy assembly should be allowed.

You do not allow: Unboxing
    But yet many people do unboxing streams (primarly "big streamers")

You do not allow: Playing puzzles
    But you allow…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. In light of recent events in which two individuals have been harassing and cyberstalking a number of Twitch streamers, myself included, it would be helpful to filter out alternative forms of profanity along with formats of phone numbers.

Specifically, I suggest the following be filtered/prohibited in username creation:

• bltch (with an "L" instead of an "i")
    • wh0re (with a "0" instead of an "o")
    • ########## (the typical format of including phone numbers in a username)

All three of these techniques have been used by internet trolls when creating multiple accounts to harass streamers and post their personal information.…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Or an option to disable friend requests from people you don't follow or who don't follow you.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Card  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. This is simply a copy paste of a reply from a recent reddit post on the subject. It's un edited for this purpose but it gets the point across. (Seeing as there are already 2 people asking for nudity, I figured the counter needed a spot)

I'm a Creative streamer. Long before Creative was a thing. I don't want nudity as part of broadcasts. Why? Several reasons. I run a business. Customers come to my channel to see my work, and one of the problems with nudity is that I don't want my business to be associated with it -…

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I believe a feature in one's settings that makes it so moderators of the channel can't moderate without having Two Factor Authentification activated would be super useful, with this new optional settings it could dramatically decrease the amount of compromised moderator accounts while also raising more awareness for 2FA

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The Twitch community is composed of people from around the world, coming from unique political backgrounds and cultures.

Prohibiting games enforces a specific view of the world to the Twitch community as to what is acceptable or not, censoring content with valuable gameplay and cultural content in the process.

As of this writing, the list of prohibited games are either due to violence, sex, or any game with the "Adults Only (AO)" ESRB rating. While this could be argued to be a good thing for kids, Twitch has already a "Mature Content" flag in its channel settings for this specific…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Turbo users were given options to hide their turbo badges. Why not moderators who voluntarily invest their time & energy to grow communities? That way streamers have options to fight mod-wall effect and see if chat participation improves. Just having that option is really reassuring and helpful for many communities. Currently some moderators would lurk or go through the hassle of logging into another alt-account to chat. Some streamers even have to awkwardly unmod people and mod when needed.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I would love if the whole process of reporting someone came with a bit more transparency in regards to what then happens.

When reporting a user today, you're left with the message "Thank you for your report", and that's it. From that point, you have no way of knowing what happens, and you never hear back from Twitch in regards to the outcome of your report.

I would like to suggest that a bit of transparency is introduced to this process.
    If reports were treated like bug reports/feature suggestions, sending us an automated e-mail with a ticket-number attached, it would…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Report Tool and Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Occasionally, streamers accidentally leave their streams on with a hot mic and even cam. During this, streamers can unintentionally reveal embarrassing and inappropriate things on-air without their knowledge with mods only being able to host another streamer as their only tool to stop the damage. Unfortunately, those watching outside their browser can be unaffected by hosting and still be watching the stream. I think these incidents can remedied and prevented by giving mods a sort of "Emergency Brake" to stop the stream. I believe this function should be optional for safety reasons so that the streamer can decide for themselves…

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?