Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

952 results found

1. Greetings,

I am unable to find where to submit feedback about reports of streamer violations not being acted upon. That is, Twitch's platform moderation ignoring reported TOS violations. There needs to be a way to contact someone higher up when this is occurring.

The specific reports being ignored are of streamers violating the "Nudity and Attire" rules in Just Chatting, some every stream, whoever is receiving reports of this is not doing anything because the streams continue without being moved to Pools, Hot Tubs & Beaches category.

Please get better moderators.

"For all streamers, you must cover the area extending…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Tonight we found out that with Automod turned off the word "classroom" is being banned from chat. I have even added the word to the automod whitelist/permitted terms and it still banned. Come on twitch. If a streamer wishes to turn off Automod that is their choice. There should not be a hidden banned list of words.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We get the initial notice that we've made a report and that's great. What we don't have is any resolution. We are left in the dark as to any actions or if the report was even looked at.
    It would be nice to have a follow up email letting us know that someone has at least read the report and acted (even inaction) ala the vague wrap up email.

"Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We've initiated an investigation based on the information that you provided and we'll take appropriate action based on our findings. Please note…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I say you stop banning streamers because some random in their game said a slur that the twitch streamer was unable to stop them from saying.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Now that they are using bot accounts to spam the same message in a channel (and most of them are disgusting messages) it should be correct to add a ON/OFF button in "Moderator Panel > Chat Actions" so we are able to easily activate the unique mode in chat, so the spam will have less impact in the chat. We know we have the command, but a button is always easier, and most of moderators don't know all chat commands.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I want to use the name of a game in the stream title but the dashboard won't let me. For whatever reason "Kula" World, a properly existing videogame, is not allowed in the title (same for the notifications). Great, so I cannot let people (most of all, my followers) know I'm playing that game.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Automod  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I find it completely unacceptable that you are allowing disgusting usernames that disparage other individuals. Please fix this. How can words that are not even swear words be blocked but individuals can make user names or tell other individuals they are less then based on the color of there skin? Please put a filter in place!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Users are able to hide specific badges already (Twitch Prime, Turbo, Bits, ...) but what about Moderator Badges?

The reason for this suggestion:
    In smaller streams (new) chatters might get scared if moderators post messages.

So I see 2 potential ways this could be achieved:

1. Only visually disable the mod badge (keeping the moderation actions in-tact)
    2. Allow moderator to go into "non-moderation mode" - in this mode, the moderation actions are not available and they are like a normal chatter

In both cases moderators should still show up in the Moderator List (/mods).

Recently Twitch added a "Mod View" into…

423 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. With twitch taking a large stake in livestreaming as a whole I feel it is best for twitch to branch out into allowing 18+ NSFW content on the platform.

I propose that 18+ content is limited exclusively to verified 18+ users of the site, and is impossible to discover by default - but can be found using a convenient account setting.

In this way ambiguity between certain game content and body painting can be eliminated by defining what makes content 18+ or not 18+

A safe alternative to other NSFW live stream sites can be created through twitch in this…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. How is that Twitch is silent about leak? You should be first to inform your customers that there is one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Many streamers have added personal information as a blocked term, and have since removed it. All this private information is shown to all of their moderators. Hence allowing every moderator to know more than they should. Yes there is a way to make a blocked term private, but deleting these terms still shows the blocked terms to all moderators, new and old.

There should be a way for the streamer to hide these actions from the moderators, or have a way to delete them. If people don't want the action to be seen as if it didn't happen, then allow…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently the only possibility for managing links is to disable them all together. This replaces them with '***' in chat for everyone but the sender. Add an alternative to make AutoModerator hold all links for review instead so mods can allow them on a case to case basis. If no mod is there the result would be the same, no links in chat.

433 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. With Mod Tools enabled you click the purge button to clear the message from chat and from the VOD, but there is no accountability on who deleted what when going back and reviewing what message was purged by a mod. It could even look the same as how AutoMod shows the message that is held and allowed or denied by the Mod in question.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I think that allowing mods to sort the list of users beyond alphabetical would allow us to easily see the problematic accounts, check their chat history and easily filter out problem users. It won't solve the issue of long standing accounts being possibly problematic. That said, those who cause issues are generally using burner accounts.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. This feature very important for every streamer earning from Twitch.

Logon 2FA Requirement do not enough for who got hacked by silent.
    And too many streamer don't check email.

In case my friend (twitch affiliate) got hacked.
    It changed payout information without email notification(don't know reason).
    And got her earn to hacker paypal account.
    Region support can't help or slow progress, suggest to contact HQ Twitch.
    Too many step progress to resolve this case and unsure it resolve.
    Streamer have concern can got hack again if change new password and change payout back.
    Investigated don't know why got hacked, That…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have suspension for 30 days.. The suspension is over since 11 February, now it is 31 March and I am not yet unbanned? Why? I've made 10 cases and Twitch still does not response.. How more should I wait??

My banned account: nameless2g

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. As Slot / Gambling Streamers appear more and more there should be a safety option for those none streaming people that are gambling. There should be a way to step out lock down the Slot categorys and channels for 30 days / 90 days / 1 year to help those people stepping away from gambling. Slot streamers are a big risk for everyone… specialy for young people. Most people think they can do the same and win every day and it is very easy to get to the same status as the streamer cash wise… But most of them will…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow subscribers to Block from their view, conversations with Mods in all environments if the Mod has continued to be aggressive & abusive. Subscribers should not be subjected to bullying. As a subscriber, some channels are not safe zones because the Mod is “security” for Streamer and not an agent of a safe healthy community. I have unsubscribed to these channels in an effort to protect my peace. I have requested Mod to refrain from messaging or attempting to communicate as it is always negative & toxic. Please consider allowing subscribers/customers to have more control over their engagement.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently it just displays no profile picture or name and none of the chat history is available. The only thing that shows is the reason put in the unban request.

Twitch should just auto deny the unban requests or remove them front he queue.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?