Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1125 results found

1. I think there should be a 'flashing lights' label on the new Content Classification label system.
    It would be helpful for people with Epilepsy and light sensitivity.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A channel I'm currently subscribed to has been getting reports from bad actors that have been triggering automatic suspensions. Despite being told repeatedly every time the channel gets reinstated that it was an error on Twitch's part, the flagrant reporting continues and the channel continues to be suspended. Twitch needs to be able to do more to protect channels from being targeted by mass reporting and suspension. It makes it impossible for popular channels to exist if this is being done.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Now that streams are being classified as sexual, the logical next step is for me to opt out of receiving recommendations for sexual content.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I was happy for new artistic nudity update but didn't expect this site to become full of aroused genitals. Is it still artistic nudity or po***graphy at this point?

How can a drawing with fully erect, wet genitals be classified as artistic when we all know what is the point of this kind of art? There is a difference between a nude portrait or a naked silhouette and some 18+ anime drawing with characters showing off body in sexual manner.

And it's the first thing EVERYONE sees when they enter art category.

If this kind of stuff is okay, can…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. With the new Sexual Content and Content Classification rules allowing a greater amount of erotic dances and photography, will there be a way to verify user ages and their consent? I suspect this will need to be revised and implemented, else you could have people coerced into doing erotic dances for subs.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I like to drink rum while I stream. It's kind if my thing. Since I drink a couple of glasses of alcohol, twitch is forcing me to add the alcohol classification, which is fine, but why am I now being forced to brand my stream with "Drugs, Intoxication, or Excessive Tobacco Use" in big letters under my stream?

I don't want my stream to be associated with drug use. Seperate these labels so people know exactly what they're watching instead of such a broad classification of completely different things.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dear Twitch Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express deep concerns and respectfully request a reconsideration of the recent Terms of Service (TOS) update, specifically pertaining to sexual content, on the Twitch platform.

While we acknowledge the necessity of maintaining a safe and inclusive environment for all users, the latest TOS adjustments appear to have inadvertently created a significant negative impact, especially among the younger audience. There is a growing prevalence of individuals disregarding the guidelines, promoting explicit content, including links to adult services like OnlyFans, and displaying graphic sexual imagery during live streams.…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. With this latest TOS update, the only remaining difference between Twitch and Chaturbate is the fact that on the second you can masturbate on cam, which at this rate you will allow in a matter of months.
    A platform that fails to enforce its own rules is a failing platform, I honestly believe that within 2-3 years most serious streamers will have already moved to Kick or YouTube, because there will no longer be space on this platform for their content.
    Over time, Twitch will become a site intended for *********** and will remain only, as it already is now,…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When content is clearly labelled as "adult content" and "contains nudity" from a pixelated game is banned and yet real humans can display nudity and suggestive posing is not banned, Twitch REALLY needs to reassess their views on societal norms and what is legal.

I was watching my friend, fellow streamer, and a channel I sub to when he got banned for playing a video game (Conan Exiles) because he was dressing his character (was nude) in battle armor- its a cartoon, an animation.
    The moment he was banned in the Twitch recommended for me list was a well known…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. With the new guidelines Twitch should blur thumbnails that is showing any sort of nudity and should add ID age verification to watch 18+ streams

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I suggest that the new guidelines allowing"Artistic Nudity - which concern
    fictionalized artistic depictions: Should have an Additional required Content Label besides just the generic "Sexual Themes".

It seems that the artistic policy will be misused by users posting artistic nudity for non-artistic purposes.

Artistically Nude content has merits and value to the art communities but is shocking for many users when full nudity is shown without specific warning and without prior context, and should be considered distinct from content which merely contains discussions or Sexual Themes, etc.

I suggest that a technical level streams with this label should be…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Content tagged with “sexual themes” should be in an entirely separate category. I absolutely and unequivocally do not consent to being shown what are essentially h*ntai thumbnails when I’m trying to scroll through and see artists, no matter how artfully it is depicted.

Separate the content into a new category called “nsfw art” or something similar.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Just as we can follow a category, it would be nice to be able to "block" a category so that it does not recommend or see channels that are playing those games.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. While I believe that creators should have some freedom to do what they want, I also believe viewers should have the freedom to exclude certain content from their searches on Twitch. As is right now, I cannot find a way to filter out streams marked with "Sexual Themes" through the search bar on Twitch. Simply searching the word "art" brings up any stream with the "art" tag, which could be a stream with the "Sexual Themes" CCL.

In fact I just did this, the top 5 results included two streams of IRL streamers in barely any clothes, dancing in a…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. While I fully support any creator's right to produce whatever content they wish within Twitch's TOS, there are many users who for multiple reasons, do not wish to view Sexualised Content.

Currently, even if a streamer marks their content with the 'Sexual Themes' tag, I still see thumbnails of them performing sexualised content in my Browse view, and often see a second or two of sexualised content before the 'warning screen' appears. On top of this, I'm also seeing sexualised content in their stream titles.

I would like to see a default setting in User Preferences where users are asked…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When Twitch staff receives reports with clear proof that a streamer is in violation of guidelines, they ignore the reports and deliberately fail to take action. I know because I have sent reports stating the violation, linking the rule being violated, and included screenshots and video clips. Everything is made perfectly clear. Yet, hours later, the streamer is still streaming doing the same thing. And this has happened many many times over a year.

If the streamer is continuing to do it, then whatever punishment Twitch is imposing, probably none, is not enough. The streamer continues to do it because…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When I logged on to twitch.tv today, on the homepage was an NSFW stream thumbnail. When clicking on the stream, the stream is tagged as "Significant Profanity or Vulgarity, Sexual Themes", so Twitch knows it's profane and sexual.

Yet the thumbnail, which was of a woman with NSFW-amounts of clothing on, was the first thing on the site. There should not be NSFW thumbnails on the homepage of twitch.tv, unless I explicitly click on the stream.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ever since the new guideline changes have been announced, a flood of streamers drawing and watching hentai on twitch has emerged. some of them not even using labels. this can be VERY harmful to minors to log onto a site with a new account only to see *. while i do agree that artists deserve more freedom to do things like anatomy and actual artistic nudity, its not a great idea to have * full of minors. much like myself. Ive also seen people playing hentai games and using sex mods (like the jenny mod for Minecraft) while on…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Its nice to see the new policies regarding nudity and sexual content but you might want to add a few things:

When you go into the art category, the preview of those streams that showcase nudity are not blurred and you don't even have to log-in in order to watch them

For this i suggest that you blur all nudity streams, add a filter for the people who don't want to see that type of content and force people to log-in in order to watch +18 streams

I have also seen nudity showcasing paraphilias like "loli" and "feral" animals, it…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It is not fair that you can appeal only once every 6 months. If you are not a partner on Twitch they will not care and reject your appeal plan to reinstate your account on twitch. It would be better if you could appeal once a week to try to get your account back for Twitch.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?