Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. This suggestion is based on PositiveIona's idea at https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/933812-safety/suggestions/44529945-sans-serif-fonts

However, the suggestion to use serif-fonts to resolve the lower case 'l' vs upper case 'I' problem (to clarify the first one is an 'L' and the second one is an 'i') will make the platform less accessible for certain people, ESPECIALLY those with dyslexia. So you'd just be replacing one problem with an entirely new one.

I'd like to propose that, instead of adding serifs, we should find a font that distinguishes the letters more clearly whilst still being sans-serif.
    Some examples include: Verdana, Tahoma, Trebuchet, or Open-Dyslexic; though I'm…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Safety Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Recently (coinciding with the Helix Raids API being released in open beta), the rate limit on "Raid Now" has been increased to 10 per 10 minutes.

Previously this was set to 3 per 30 minutes (and was even abused by hate raiders who found a bypass for this rate limit; now, such a bypass isn't even necessary as a malicious user can do 60 raids per hour instead of just 6).

There is no normal use case I can think of that justifies this high of a rate limit, and it is ripe for abuse: trolls can create accounts…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Having an option to limit what character typesets can be used in chat.

For English stream, it could be limited to ASCII-95 (https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/C%2B%2B_Programming/ASCII)
    If a character was used outside of this typeset, the whole message would not go through.

Any variation could work on this.

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Safety Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In light of the hate raids, I have been using the option to only allow raids from channels I follow. However, this is not the ideal option since it prevents being able to connect with other, genuine streamers that I may not currently know.

It would be nice to have more filters for who can raid your stream. I think a great option would be "only allow raids from affiliates and partners" or "only allow raids from accounts that are x days old". This will help prevent others from making an account just to immediately hate raiding a stream.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Safety Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. With the new Nudity & NSFW content guidelines, it has made it very unclear to a lot of people in my community, the VRChat Roleplay community, whether or not furry models and/or avatars are under the same level of scrutiny as human avatars are.

On April 4, 2020, these rules were put into effect:

How do the new rules about AR Avatars impact my content if I stream a virtual reality sandbox game like VRChat?
    - Our policy on Augmented Reality avatars applies to content where cameras and software are used to capture a person’s physical likeness and translate it…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safety Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sponsored gambling streams should not be allowed on Twitch because of Twitch's policies and sponsored gambling streams effects.

On the twitch safety center it states that community comes first and safety is personal. Allowing sponsored gambling steams on twitch goes against these policies by not first helping the community but rather turning a blind eye to them, and not the safety of those viewers as they are being exploited for profit.

Not allowing sponsored gambling steams will stop exportation of viewers for profit. The website pays the content creator to gamble on their gambling platform. They do this to get…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If Twitch for example does an experiment with having verified chatting in every stream please give us a notice on socials or even on Twitch itself. Also an option to opt out of it would be nice but I understand that verifying your phone is the future of Twitch. Since this test is not being done to every Twitch user only a select few I think it's fair to have that opt out option. A percentage will just verify phone and that's the data that Twitch wants anyway.

It's been over 24 hours. Still can't chat and the sad part…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Chat Verification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Channel-following bot attacks seem to be back again. It is quite upsetting when content creators are streaming wether talking with the chat or just playing while they tell viewers how they feel when all of a sudden a bunch of notifications with pretty weird names pop up.

Streamers and viewers know that it is quite difficult to control these attacks considering that they are done every day, at any time. Despite the fact that there are some tools that in one way or another allow us to remove these bots, many of us believe that it would be better to…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Do not require phone numbers to be a verified account.

I just tried to chat and because I do not trust twitch with my phone number, especially after they got all their data leaked, I couldn't.

I will not be giving it to you, this will quickly create a have and have not situation where people will be unable to join in with chats and thus leave your platform if they either do not have a phone or do not wish their phone number to be sold, given away, profited from or leaked.

Do Better Twitch!

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Chat Verification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Shared bans should include mod notes. There is a big difference between spamming emotes vs. doing something really horrible (racist comments, etc). It would be nice to know what we're dealing with so we can make a decision accordingly.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The new restrictions on verified chat requires using a personal mobile number only??? You want me to expose my personal mobile number to being hacked or used for your marketing purposes? I have a VOIP number associated with my my email and mobile number for the purpose of keeping things separated that I have used for SEVEN YEARS for security purposes. It is a shame that you don't respect your user's privacy and security. The recent hack of Twitch is proof I don't want you to have my personal mobile number. You need to change the requirement, since I have…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Chat Verification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Regarding chat verification, it is good that you can set it to email/phone verification if an account is newer than a certain period of time, however I have confirmed that while this prevents an account from chatting, this does not prevent an account from following a channel without verifying.

In the past I have been harassed by people (and seen people harassed) by users who never said a word in chat. Their method of harassment would be to create an account with revealing information about the streamer and simply hit follow. They would be banned, however the account would be…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat Verification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The TL;DR - allow the option to turn off the highlighting of restricted and monitored users, while still having their messages viewable in the suspicious user activity widget.

The new "Suspicious User Controls" feature, while having a lot of potential, currently works in a very counter-productive way. "Restricted" users are notified that they are being restricted, however their messages still show up on both the broadcaster and moderators vision - with an additional highlight. For automatically flagged users this makes sense, but whats the point of manually restricting an account when you could just ban them instead?
    This feature would…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Since Body Painting has been established as a valid category on the platform, there has been a noticeable lack of encouragement from Twitch in creating a healthy community around it. This lack of support is further emphasized by the massive push back and public harassment of Body Painters online, including but not limited to: Organized hate raids by other streamers, Streamers sexualizing body painters on their own live streams, Public groups that organize mass reports on body painters, Lack of response by Twitch to counter the culture of continued degradation of women through objectification by viewers (including inappropriate usernames).

Twitch…

872 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

84 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey guys!

There were some discussions that weren’t super applicable to feedback and I have gone ahead and removed them.

We super appreciate the feedback and want to keep hearing your ideas. Please just keep it focused on bodypainting/body art community and feedback around that, over feedback on specific channels/users.

If you have anyone who you are concerned about on Twitch or someone who you are worried about how they are acting on Twitch always feel empowered to report them so our team can further investigate the situation.

15. Children and young adults are more likely to become gambling addicts when exposed to it.

157 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please log the held restricted/monitored messages from suspicious users like automod comments are logged.

Due to the nature of a lot of traffic in large channels, messages in the Suspicious Users widget in mod view expire leaving banned users logs empty with only the message prompting you to go to the mod view widget and who banned them.

This potential oversight not logging the actual message could lead to another mod seeing a user banned for no reason if the banning mod fails to leave a mod comment or the offenders username isn't an obvious tell to a ban evader.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User Card  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. With the addition of customizable chat verification with emails and phone numbers as listed here:

https://blog.twitch.tv/en/2021/09/29/securing-your-chat-with-phone-and-email-verification/

Users who don't pass those verifications are still able to gain channel points and interact with chat by redeeming channel points that don't require a message.

There have been hate raids that utilize these channel point redeems because they show in chat even when sub-only or emote-only chat is on. They include hateful words or doxed information in their usernames, and with this bypass they're able to show that in chat.

Please prevent these unverified users from gaining channel points, or at the very…

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Chat Verification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The new suspicious user feature is great, but there one huge downside which ends up making me having to ban.

When a user is marked as a suspicious user, they still have the ability to spam redeem channel points redemptions and the message saying "You message has been held due to channel moderation settings" causes a barrage of messages saying "hey I cant type in chat" etc etc etc.

PLEASE make it so suspicious users are UNAWARE they can't chat & don't allow suspicious users (& non followers) to spam redeem channel points.

Please! This would help out small streamers…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When a user is flagged as a possible ban evader in the mod tools, can we have it show the linked accounts that set off the alert for possible ban evasion?

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Stricter gambling rules. Make gambling accessible to users that have proven to be 18 or older. Make "gambling" category in twitch unaccessible to users that havent proven their age with valid ID. Streamers who gamble in different category receive temporary or permanent ban. Gambling has been raising concern over the years in Twitch. This ia an idea how to restrict under age users from watching gambling streams and how Twitch could strengthen their gambling rules.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?