Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The new restrictions on verified chat requires using a personal mobile number only??? You want me to expose my personal mobile number to being hacked or used for your marketing purposes? I have a VOIP number associated with my my email and mobile number for the purpose of keeping things separated that I have used for SEVEN YEARS for security purposes. It is a shame that you don't respect your user's privacy and security. The recent hack of Twitch is proof I don't want you to have my personal mobile number. You need to change the requirement, since I have…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Chat Verification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The TL;DR - allow the option to turn off the highlighting of restricted and monitored users, while still having their messages viewable in the suspicious user activity widget.

The new "Suspicious User Controls" feature, while having a lot of potential, currently works in a very counter-productive way. "Restricted" users are notified that they are being restricted, however their messages still show up on both the broadcaster and moderators vision - with an additional highlight. For automatically flagged users this makes sense, but whats the point of manually restricting an account when you could just ban them instead?
    This feature would…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. With the addition of customizable chat verification with emails and phone numbers as listed here:

https://blog.twitch.tv/en/2021/09/29/securing-your-chat-with-phone-and-email-verification/

Users who don't pass those verifications are still able to gain channel points and interact with chat by redeeming channel points that don't require a message.

There have been hate raids that utilize these channel point redeems because they show in chat even when sub-only or emote-only chat is on. They include hateful words or doxed information in their usernames, and with this bypass they're able to show that in chat.

Please prevent these unverified users from gaining channel points, or at the very…

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Chat Verification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Regarding chat verification, it is good that you can set it to email/phone verification if an account is newer than a certain period of time, however I have confirmed that while this prevents an account from chatting, this does not prevent an account from following a channel without verifying.

In the past I have been harassed by people (and seen people harassed) by users who never said a word in chat. Their method of harassment would be to create an account with revealing information about the streamer and simply hit follow. They would be banned, however the account would be…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat Verification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Right now there isn't an option to report an account for impersonating another user. It's really easy for someone to make an account with a similar name by substituting an uppercase I for a lowercase L (I vs l) or with any other kind of letter/number substitution.

There should be an option to easily report an account for impersonating someone else.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Report Tool and Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sponsored gambling streams should not be allowed on Twitch because of Twitch's policies and sponsored gambling streams effects.

On the twitch safety center it states that community comes first and safety is personal. Allowing sponsored gambling steams on twitch goes against these policies by not first helping the community but rather turning a blind eye to them, and not the safety of those viewers as they are being exploited for profit.

Not allowing sponsored gambling steams will stop exportation of viewers for profit. The website pays the content creator to gamble on their gambling platform. They do this to get…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Do not require phone numbers to be a verified account.

I just tried to chat and because I do not trust twitch with my phone number, especially after they got all their data leaked, I couldn't.

I will not be giving it to you, this will quickly create a have and have not situation where people will be unable to join in with chats and thus leave your platform if they either do not have a phone or do not wish their phone number to be sold, given away, profited from or leaked.

Do Better Twitch!

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Chat Verification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently right now if you report a bunch of ban evading accounts , bot accounts you are limited to 50 accounts ( per 30 minutes/per day - it really depends ).

My idea is to allow no limit on reports for partners affiliates and known accounts ( 90 days ). I feel with this sorta arrangement people will be more wanting to use it vs avoiding it.

It would also be nice to be able to get back a message saying what account in question was removed/suspended/actioned on so we better clearly know what account. ( I do know that…

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Report Tool and Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Surely you guys have seen what has recently happened with the "ASMR Category" with two big streamers. Now I will say good job on banning them. But I think those bans should uphold and remain permanent to further back up the message that states. "That type of content is not allowed on twitch"

It's too suggestive the line was pushed too far.

Unless you guys want to make an 18+ category or a whole new site altogether adhering to that. Either way some sort of enforcement needs to be put into place. With a CLEAR understanding of what is /…

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Enforcement Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Children and young adults are more likely to become gambling addicts when exposed to it.

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I think the new tool is kinda helpfull because it's easier to report and makes it more efficient but i think maybe the problem is in how easy is to create multiple accounts. I've seen people that i reported a few minutes later on the chat again with another account. Maybe it'd be better to make it more difficult to create it or have another way to verificate it.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Report Tool and Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. @SirKatelyn on Twitter has proposed this amazing idea to create a Mod Chat segment in the Mod View for easier moderator communication on mod actions or problematic users in chat, etc

Right now, most mod teams and broadcasters use Discord for this. It would make matters much easier to have a dedicated built in mod chat just for the modding matters, similar to how Mod Comments have been added to the user cards last year.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Give streamers the option to have a safe list for having streams embedded on outside sites and give streamers the option to disable sites from embedding them.

This could prevent people from making malicious sites to embed them without the streamers knowledge

this would also help reduce the amount of people broadcasting illegal content and hosting it on illegal sites

you could also then give streamers the option to unlock embedding as a feature after a streamers account is within good standing. (ie. when emotes are edible for instant approval or when a streamer reaches affiliate)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Any account under x days/hours should be flagged for the broadcaster/mod to allow/ban to talk.

This will help with bots/raids/trolls.

Setting needed: Input for how strict the caster wants it.

Why not just use follow/sub only mode?

I'm not looking to restrict good people in my community. If I can get a person to make an account and talk with them, that's a win for the community.
    But I still want to find a way to filter out problematic issues that could come up.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I'd really love to have a content warning system similar to the tag system. It would auto-populate based on the current game or let streamers add warnings for Just Chatting or Talkshow streams. I'd prefer the system to be more opt-in than a popup every time you enter a stream. It would have a button near the category and tags part of the UI that reveals relevant warnings. It would be super nice if it could be user configurable to display a pop up only if a user navigates to a stream that contains a warning they've chosen to be…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The vast majority of the time that harassment occurs, the accounts being used to accomplish it are all recently created. Being able to limit chat participation (or ideally, anything that can be seen by viewers) based on the length of time the account has existed would go a long way to preventing abuse.

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. For 9 months I have been reporting someone who has been harassing me over and over with NO response from Twitch. When will there be a real system in place to protect streamers??

This person has made numerous accounts with usernames that have shared personal information including my phone number, addresses, and names of family members. I have reported, banned, blocked, and had my MODs do the same, but nothing has ever been done on Twitch's end.

If others are going through this, I want to hear about it and what Twitch is going to do to help those of…

232 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Prevent Unverified Users without a phone number added to their account from following your channel. This setting should be toggle-able by the streamer in the Dashboard and will prevent follow bots from spamming your stream with follows from unverified, brand new accounts that were generated with scripts.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Chat Verification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When a user is flagged as a possible ban evader in the mod tools, can we have it show the linked accounts that set off the alert for possible ban evasion?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The blocked terms automatically filters uppercase and lowercase together for all entries. It would be great to have a tick box to decide if we want to block terms with a single specific capitalization (teSt) or all possible ones (test, Test, TEst, etc..).

Example: for blocking specific words using L lowercase as a misused i (TWlTCH=> TWLTCH => TWITCH). This can apply to links with specific capitalization, emotes and more.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?