Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Seen two twitch streamers getting hit with what can only be described as a bot flood follow iam talking 1000+ Followers, Created by some sort of bot, is there an option to protect streamers from this kinda flood bot

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

29 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Do not require phone numbers to be a verified account.

I just tried to chat and because I do not trust twitch with my phone number, especially after they got all their data leaked, I couldn't.

I will not be giving it to you, this will quickly create a have and have not situation where people will be unable to join in with chats and thus leave your platform if they either do not have a phone or do not wish their phone number to be sold, given away, profited from or leaked.

Do Better Twitch!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat Verification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I have reported over 600 fake troll accounts and yet STILL Twitch seem to refuse to do anything. NOW we find that if we complain or have a go at these trolls we can get banned ourselves ?

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. An option to mass-flag when messages of the similar nature hit the chat.

Options needed: Check for "similar messages" and flag after x messages

This will be helpful for unwelcomed raids.
    Yes, this will also hit "friendly raids" as well but it gives the power to the caster to remove hatful/unwanted messages from the stream before it even hits it.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Would like a way to natively see a users name change history including date & time of change.
    Maybe even first & last message history for each username change

For example:
    TwitchSupport - (formerly TwitchTVSupport) changed on 14 Oct 2020 22:46

172 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Surely you guys have seen what has recently happened with the "ASMR Category" with two big streamers. Now I will say good job on banning them. But I think those bans should uphold and remain permanent to further back up the message that states. "That type of content is not allowed on twitch"

It's too suggestive the line was pushed too far.

Unless you guys want to make an 18+ category or a whole new site altogether adhering to that. Either way some sort of enforcement needs to be put into place. With a CLEAR understanding of what is /…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Enforcement Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. After the bot attacks on twitch Vtuber channels in those days, i think it's necessary, NOW, a feature which block bots from following channels, the idea should be this : an unverified account gets blocked from the start to follow a channel if that account isnt verified, remember that to create a verified account it's necessary to doing a longer process so the bot buyer much necessarily taking more time and they will give up. Or something which work like that to fight bots.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. First off I wanna thank RekItRaven for Shedding so much light on this issue that has been occurring for years. I have just started streaming 8 months ago and this is my 4th time this year getting hate raided. I’ve been called almost everything in the book. Now I have several ideas on how to make this better but for starters. You Need to obey the Blocked/Banned Order. Anyone who is Blocked Or Banned should not be able to Hate watch us thus risking another hate raid whether that be in the form of bullying or racism. 2. Have Better…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Moderators on the browser and desktop versions of twitch have incredible access to moderation tools such as mod icons, mod view etc. this makes handling larger chat rooms incredibly easy for a group of mods working together.

Unfortunately I, like many others, am in a position where I am a mod for a larger community, yet am often on the go and find myself using mobile twitch far more often than desktop. This makes it so much harder to keep chat under control, as the current moderation process on mobile is utterly laughable. Messages that would be deleted instantly if…

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. This would make it possible to pre-emptively ban someone with an offensive username.

It also means that when you get a large number of bots with similar usernames turn up, e.g. Troll1, Troll2, Troll3, etc., adding Troll* to the Banned Names list would stop all variations from posting. But also with an option to ban usernames containing certain terms.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. It can be an interesting feature that moderators could be able to see mod comment a user has in different channels, so moderators can be warned about users that are not respecting communities' rules. Also it can be interesting to be awared if that user has been banned (or is still banned) because it can be disrespectful in the current channel.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow streamers to pre-emptively ban and block new followers if they include certain words in their username.

This is to avoid follows by bots.

I have been swarmed by bots containing the word "hoss" and it's proving overwhelming.

By implementing this feature as an option in the automod, we would be able to apply a Regex filter preventing these bots from following.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Block users banned from a channel from joining a raid from the channel the users are banned from to the raided channel, and also not notifying the banned users the name of the raid target channel (specifically the notification appearing on the top of the chat when the raid is about to happen).

As with a raid, the raiding streamer will be in the chat of the raided channel, and the raiding and raided channels usually have related communities, malicious users can use this opportunity to continue harassing the streamer or spreading damage to related communities, despite being banned from…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Twitch removes my name from banned words :(

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When we block and ban someone they should not be allowed to watch our content anymore.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Many ideas have been discussed here about adding 2FA as a next level security for accounts to verify they're legit and not just a spam bot account and chat. (See: https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/933812-safety/suggestions/41306257-adding-2fa-to-chat-as-optional-filter)

What I propose here that is different those ideas is adding a CAPTCHA solver puzzle for people who want to follow a channel. And I'm not talking about those silly Text Based CAPTCHA solver puzzles that are distorted with upper and lower case characters and other things, but an image based CAPTCHA solver puzzle.

1. New followers will have to solve a CAPTCHA, a One-time Only process before the…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow streamers and mods to Import and Export terms from the stream's blocked terms list, including duplicates of terms that may already have been entered.

As I'm sure Twitch Staff is well aware, there has been a devastating increase of bots globally harassing creators of many identities. I'm going to assume that the staff is silently working on the backend to minimize the damage being done from these mass-produced bot accounts, but in the meantime creators should have a way to compete with these bots as they come.

This is where the "Import/Export Blocked Terms" comes into play. The individuals…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Streamers with a stream deck have the ability to create a panic button that will do a slew of things. Turning on sub mode, slowing chat, clearing chat, setting a stream marker, capturing a clip for documentation.

What if an sos command was created to do that for streamers that don't have the ability to have a stream deck?

Currently the answer is to end stream until the hate raid ends. But what isn't being realized is that the streamer ending the stream is giving the hate raiders exactly what they want. With a command that controls tools twitch has…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. On a Hungarian language for channel points and predictions some words are restricted and handled as it would be a swear word in English.

"Vagy" means in Hungarian "or" or "be". I wrote this words in Hungarian:

"Ha új vagy". Means if you are new.

But I can not create this reward as I get this error message: "*This is not compliant with our content guidelines."

Tell me what guidelines is against the Hungarian word "vagy"?

And there are more words which is moderated!

Please remove automatic moderation on this tools ASAP! We can not create proper content for our…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Currently in Mod View, we can see the Users In Chat list under Channel Tools. If I want to inspect an individual User Card, I either filter or scroll down to their name, and I can click on it to pop up the User Card on top of the viewer list. From here I have the option to pop out the User Card to a separate window, but this resets the Users In Chat list to unfiltered and scrolled to the top. If I just close the User Card rather than popping it out, this also resets the Users In…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?