Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bot spam, bulk follows, etc. have always been a problem but it seems that this is only growing more prevalent as time goes on. Additionally, the phenomenon of troll raids has been something I've become more aware of over time and suspect is growing as well.

Having a feature where streamers and moderators can bulk select users based on criteria (e.g. follow age, view time, joining from a specific raid, message pattern posted in chat, user name, etc.) and then use a single action to report and ban / timeout / block users would be immensely helpful in combating these…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Children and young adults are more likely to become gambling addicts when exposed to it.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Every game that is released is released with an ESRB rating determining its appropriateness for various audiences. Twitch already collects these ratings when they add new games to the platform.

Now streamers have the option to turn a "Mature" warning for their content, but rarely is a streamers content always Mature, or always all-ages-friendly.

Given that Twitch has this information, it would be a great help to many if depending on which category you are streaming to, it automatically enables or disables the Mature filter based on the ESRB rating of the game.

For non-gaming categories, some could easily be…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Is there a better way to filter or make sure that if I have my channel in Mature Audience only, that it is understood? Like can we have a little rating setting we can place or have it be better defined in the Topic/Category settings for streams? As well as if there is a way we can make sure it keeps the chat/audience of age?

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sometimes streamers just want to "restart" their career. Clear Mod Actions history for him and his mods is a good way to forget old people that got banned, or doesn't want their mods to see the old bans and other actions that can be unconfortable for them.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Would it be possible to create a tool that would allow mods/streamers to obtain KNOWN troublemaking accounts such as the recent string of hate raids and bots and then ban them in bulk as opposed to one at a time?

I moderate for several streamers and I've been trying my hardest to help support the more nervous ones who have been getting follows from suspicious accounts matching the ones I'm sure most of you are aware of. But going through and manually banning one at a time is extremely time consuming, especially considering there are so many of these accounts.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make users use bits to send unban request, and giving the streamer the option to select the custom amount of bits.

So even if the streamer denies the appeal, they still keep the bits.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I am a mod of a mature channel and have been on Twitch for a few years now.
    It is clearly stated in the rules that it is a mature audience and also clearly marked when you come into the channel. I have had to kick out people as young as 11.
    I just recently found out that banning them still allows them to watch the stream. Last night I kicked out a 14yr old for breaking the rules but it's not good if they can still watch the streams.
    I believe there is hardly a point in banning them…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Safety Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Dear Twitch,

We as streamers should have a way to turn on a feature that allows only accounts that are a specified number of days/weeks/months old from being able to follow. At this point, so many streamers are skeptical of brand new accounts as they could be follow bots that we're ignoring or potentially banning new accounts anyways. This feature would ideally be opt in and in combination with follower/sub only chat could be a good remedy to follow botting.

Sincerely,
    A concerned streamer

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Similar to how discord does it however perhaps in more general terms rather than specific bot recommendations.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  0 comments  ·  Safety Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Treat similar looking character as identical when checking blocked words to prevent automod evasion.

So if the word "Apple" is blocked, the word "Àṗṗĺĕ" would be blocked too.

Blocking every variation of a word would literally take 76 days at 100 terms per 30 seconds (rate limit by Twitch). This is for obvious reasons not a solution. And the current moderation tools are thus obviously insufficiant.

https://twitter.com/thomsimonson/status/1429472208506822659

This feature request is in response to the ongoing hate-raids mainly targeted at LGBTQIA+ people

twitchdobetter

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Over the past year or so I've come across multiple streamers creating/streaming sexually suggestive content with the clear intention to arouse viewers and provoke a s*xual response from them for financial gain.

This is the kind of content you'd expect to see on a p*rn or live cams site for adults, and is totally unacceptable. I've reported a lot of streamers, affiliates and partners for this kind of content and not one of them have been banned or suffered any consequences.

This gives me reasonable cause to say that Twitch staff who review these types of reports again streamers for…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Right now, trolls often come into my chat and scroll through my viewers, and harass them. I think the only people who should be able to see the viewer-list is the streamer, and maybe the moderators. I think it leaves viewers vulnerable to just enjoying a stream. It’s essentially the same thing as if I was watching Netflix, some random person across the world could see that I was watching a certain show. Please remove viewer-list for everyone but the streamer!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safety Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. There needs to be a change with in twitch as there has been multiple profiles with problematic pictures that are grounds for banned. There needs to be a implementing of a non-approved stage for profile pictures followed by a approved stage so that way we don't have problematic grounds when someone's profile picture shows up in someone's stream during a game or such ex being marbles. Because this brings up problems for the streamer were we have to take even more steps to avoid being flagged or banned for something we ourselves didn't display. This includes but not limited to…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Given all of the recent issues with streamers experiencing these kinds of attacks perhaps a step by step outline of how best to deal with these attacks.

Ie:
    1. Use moderator view
    2. Emote only mode
    3. Clear chat
    4. Add term(s) to automod
    5. Ban accounts involved with the attack
    6. Report were applicable
    7. Return to normal chat

Repeat as needed. (Or something better)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safety Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. A raid-allow whitelist of channels, that is toggled on/off, will allow streamers to control the channels that are allowed to raid, removing one of the current threats to safety for marginalized communities trying to operate on Twitch in the context of hate raiders often performed by bot accounts.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enabling the ability for streamers to upload/download lists of banned terms via .csv or text files would:

1. Allow streamers to easily add banned terms to their list, as currently, the only way to add banned terms is to type them in one by one.

2. Allow communities of streamers to share their list banned terms with each other to create a more comprehensive list of banned terms specific to that community

3. Allow streamers to edit their banned terms in a more flexible format

Altogether, it would allow for much more flexibility and less headache with banned terms.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When we are follow botted we get massive follows within seconds of each other, please mark these in a diffrent color so if we want we can remove them manually or ban them easily. This alone will help build up a tracking system with twitch being able to ID the main user name as it will appear the most and ban it to help others with being spammed.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Currently banning a user on your channel will still let them interact with you (e.g. DM you) so you need to block them as well to completely stop someone from harassing you.

Banning and blocking should include the same things so that you only need to do one or the other.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Enforcement Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow Mods to filter users in chat by whether they have a subscription, have previously had a subscription to the channel, or are unsubscribed. This would make it much easier to filter out bot accounts from hate raids.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?