Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A feature that I believe that mods should have is a emergency call button. When used it sends the streamers information to 911 dispatch. And allow mods to communicate with dispatch operators to let them know whats happening. When the button is used it also cuts off stream from anyone who isnt a Moderator. This way a Twitch streamer doesnt have to worry about giving out any personal information and can still rely on thier mods to contact help if something were to happen.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Although we enter notes with the new unban system for deny or approve, these aren't shown in the Bans or Mod Comments in the User Card - please have these shown here as well for good record keeping. Additionally, including when a request was submitted and who approved/denied it would be useful, it is only shown in Mod Actions at this time.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. As a mod for an LGBTQ+ and trans streamer, we have been hit with a ton of followbots coming in and spamming chat with hateful intent. I had an idea for a command that would ban all accounts that have followed in a recent timeframe.

For example, (/banall 10) would ban all accounts that have followed in the last 10 minutes. This would greatly reduce the amount of time that moderators have to spend on banning all accounts separately. I spent an hour last night doing so, and while I had backup to monitor chat, I know that many smaller…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. This is directly copied from the proposal update from Jambo, which states as follows:

"Twitch Safety Support - Update Proposal by Jambo

1. UPDATED REPORTING TOOL
      Twitch’s reporting tool is outdated, and needs to be revamped. The biggest suggestion for this is to have a lesser detailed reporting still available on profiles but provide a link to something similar to submitting a ticket, but will allow the user to submit images as well as links (currently images cannot be uploaded with a report) be marked ‘high priority.’

2. HAVE A DIRECT CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS FOR PARTNERS
      Along with an updated reporting tool,…

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Recently I had to permit the term of "ow" when someone wanted to simply type "How are you <3" on a stream. This rather baffled me. I have since found similarly harmless words have triggered very low levels of automod sensitivity despite being rather simple words. Someone on reddit thankfully screenshotted some examples of the settings being used for the How are you <3 instance and has uploaded them for easy viewing:

Settings: https://i.imgur.com/3vLFx3Z.png
    Results: https://i.imgur.com/VYjp4Sj.png

I can also state that I've had to permit the word 'dinosaur' on the same levels of sensitivity. I think it AutoMod should be…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When accounts are banned, they should not be able to see the stream at all. This is dangerous because stalkers can still view streamers. Many streamers agree that when an account is banned, they don't want them to have ANY ability to interact with their stream, even if it's just viewing it. Banned should mean banned from all.

Also giving mod tools to confirm a raid when it's someone we don't know so we can see what's going on or more protection when hate raids happen?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When a user is banned, and then creates another account, they HAVE TO register the email to the username correct? Why is it that when we report them to Twitch when they are evading a ban, or worse- constant targeted harassment towards the streamer with the usernames as mentioned below. Some of these have been suspended, others are still active.
    These users have stated that they will come over, that they would end me, and even worse.
    It got to the point I had to not only get my county sheriffs involved, but the FBI due to a few having…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Enforcement Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. If someone talking about suicide and/or self harm in chat, then banning someone from a platform that could potentially provide vital contact or support to them is not the answer needed for helping them.
    This reddit post made by reportedly a health professional describes their experience with the issue
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/7d87ah/how_does_twitch_deal_with_self_harm_and_suicide/
    While messages glorifying the acts should not be promoted or allowed on the site, it's important to not get rid of a potentially vital way of contacting someone who could be in serious danger. Instead, provide them with hotlines, or other direct ways to get them the support they need.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Enforcement Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. There is a safety concern with streamers drinking alcohol (multiple drinks) and becoming visibly drunk on their own stream in public (at a bar, restaurant, park, etc.).

If this were made TOS there would be significant safety advantages to the streamer themselves: (1) female streamers who are visibly drunk in public may be at risk of being taken advantage of (invited to a stranger's hotel room), (2) even if not driving, drunk streamers in public could be at risk of unsafe situations such as stumbling in the street, (3) making such behavior TOS would help protect streamers by discouraging drinking…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. There is a glaring loophole in chat history logging that has been present for years since the chat logging system started. It involves changing your name via Twitch's name change feature. Once someone has changed their name, you can no longer reliably pull up their entire chat history. It is effectively halted for the old name, and wiped for the new name so long as you do not have their original name.

I'll try to explain this as simple as I can.

Let's say I have actual years of chat logs under the name "desertp" on "examplechannel"
    https://www.twitch.tv/popout/examplechannel/viewercard/desertp?popout=
    All of…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Card  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. A few minutes ago, I received a notification that a guy named hoss has started to follow me on Twitch.

The suggestion is pretty clear - in order to cope with the issue presented below, by default do not enable email notifications to people who have never streamed.

I have read Reddit post that went pretty viral a couple of days ago about a the very same user with different name variations who somehow IP grabs user profiles.

Here is a link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/pck517/randomly_got_this_follower_even_though_i_havent/

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Twitch has launched new Auto-Mod settings, and included Misogyny, while failing to include a category for Misandry.

Misandry is defined as; dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against men (i.e. the male ***).

This description is perfect for the failures of Twitch in recognising the hourly verbal abuse and violence that men experience on their platform.

It is worse that this violence against men is completely ignored by Twitch, and Twitch allows it to happen.

I believe Twitch's behaviour is illegal, as they are discriminating against all men based on their gender.

What will Twitch do to remedy this…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. In case I send a report not all, just like half of them were checked (I get sometimes no Emails regarding my report). And in this Email you send me about my report would be nice, if you add the reported account name + my report data (why I did reported, and my report text).

Also in case you are done with my report, send back me please a detailed Email from EVERY report! What account were checked, what was my report, what is your decision, and why you decided like this! If you want a detailed information why I…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Report Tool and Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Here's a catch of the Followers-Only mode that is bad: A spambot can follow anyone at any time and never talk anything. By the point someone turns on Followers-Only mode the bot has followed long enough to be allowed to taint the chat with spam.

And here's the solution:
    Authy Badge: this would be a better "Verified Badge" than the Verified Badge, because it would confirm that the person activated 2FA, which typically involves having a phone, which typically means bots have a harder time verified themselves as a legitimate user and the Verified Badge is nothing more than "this…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Enforcement Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I feel like having Pepe the Frog as a chat emote isn't so great now that it's an alt-right symbol, so if you're really averse to removing it, maybe send out a message to Twitch users explaining why it's there because I think to some people that could feel kind of partisan? Thanks

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. =The Idea=

Have a toggle switch in auto-mod options for streamer to opt-in or out.

If opted in:
    Any accounts that were banned in 3 other streamer's chats in the past 72 hrs will have their messages auto-held until approved.

If opted out:
    No change from current moderation.

=Uses=
    - Chat bots from follow websites would have all their messages held after 3 streamers ban them. This will prevent a significant amount of spam from follow bots and not allow their messages unless the streamer opted out.
    - General trolls. Some people like to join chats just to harass streamers.…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. A section similar to Mod Actions, that shows when someone tries to type a word/phrase that is in the blocked terms list. It should show who is trying to send a message containing a blocked term, and it should show what the word/phrase is. I believe this would greatly help mods, moderate people who try to use inappropriate language. I know this is similar to Automod, but Automod doesn't show blocked terms being typed. So the issue is, someone could, for example, try to spam the n-word (or another commonly blocked term) but it would never go through, and then…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Anyone is currently able to access deleted Clips and VODs via a Twitch database that is open and accessible via the stream ID. This is incredibly dangerous, as personal information such as addresses, names, employment, etc., may have been accidentally disclosed on stream, and is now permanently saved for the public to access at anytime, even if the VOD or Clip is quickly deleted.

PLEASE close this server access to the public for our safety!

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Twitch should offer a more in-depth mental health section that not only focuses on streamer health (i.e. suicide prevention/depression) but also the streamer/follower relationship. Offering resources for those who do not understand that the streamer cannot always respond/ may not share the same feelings as the viewer. Essentially, we need a "how to use Twitch in a healthy, responsible manner" section, to educate all parties involved.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?