Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1131 results found

1. con quien me debo contactar ultimamente me caen follows de bots a mi cuenta y no quiero tener problema por algo que es ajeno a mi

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. https://www.reddit.com/r/Palworld/comments/1ac36h9/palworld_shows_up_as_a_game_called_pal_on_twitch/ i and several others have the ability to manually fix this on streams but not clips My suggestion is that there would be some kind of settings ability to. change content ID mistakes. on clips as well. For some reason this hasn't been implemented for clips. And even though most of my streams are now labeled as pal world, yet the clips I took from those streams are now labeled as pal Even though they aren't pal.. because we have one game that has the first three letters of another game. Don't know what PAL is, but because of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In my 13 years of being on the website I can only recall a few times I've used the whisper function, majority of which were people contacting me [as a moderator] for an unban. The hundreds, possibly thousands of other times were merely bots using the feature to spam links which I can only assume are all malicious.
    Now I don't have any data on how useful the whisper function is for actual people but I would take a guess and say 80-90% of all whisper messages are likely spam/bots. I would just like to propose the removal of the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Contradictive Community guidelines and Content Classification.

Why is it that Twitch is so concerned about the nudity in games. And yet you have nude and naked streams being allowed and being promoted to the top of the view this.

What is best is that when my kids and their friends go onto the TV and open twitch, suddenly Reccomended for you they habve these Naked women and naked ***** all over the screen.

Remove the Hot tubs and steamy baths or whatever they have it.
    You cannot report those channels. The minute that you do, it says their is a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I was just broadcasting a game and for some reason 100 bot accounts started following me. So I thought I'd report it before my account was closed due to misunderstandings. I'm not the one sending bots in my account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. i keep coming across people on my feed under just chatting sexualizing the platform because of these new tags for sexual content. last i checked this website wasnt for soft core **** or any likes of that. with games and drawings im fine with but having irl people doing these things stretching the guidelines and seeing how far they can get with nudity is horrible. at least give us users the option to not view channels that have the tags on. yes we no longer see the stuff on the main page but the channel names and that like AMOURANTH…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Honestly if you have a thriving community and get suspended you can't interact with anyone at all. You are yanked out from your freinds and no real way to communitate unless you have other platforms. This can be very damaging and can be dangerous for the individual. The process of appeal or the way suspentions are given give you no feedback or redemption literlaly removing the individuals freedom of speach. Putting everything in the hand of an automated system that plays with peoples life work and hobbies. Honestly I suggest a more humane system that allows a period of time…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Summary:
    On the "Block this user" selection screen after reporting a clip, I would like it to be clear which users are specifically targeted for blocking.

Details:
    I was reporting a clip created by a malicious user.
    (Specifically, clips created with misleading titles that make it seem as if the channel owner is misbehaving, even though they have nothing to do with the actual video content being clipped.)

I intended to report the affected clip and the user who created the clip.

After I finished reporting the clip, I was presented with a "Block this user" selection screen. The text…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have a filter, specific words are not allowed in the username. Or have it as someone makes a new account there username has to get approval first before allowing them on Twitch. Also send a warning to that individual after they are banned to cease and desist. This online harassment and bullying needs to be punished.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Banned users can't even watch the stream they're banned from, or chat. Blocking banned users from chatting makes sense, but you shouldn't stop people from watching content they enjoy. Simply watching a stream without interacting is in no way harmful to the streamer - and I don't see why bans have to stop viewers from being able to watch them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hatebots that rely on crafted usernames with harassment messages in them can still inject themselves into a stream for harassment by using the Follow button, regardless of all other safety settings enabled. We've seen this attack on large scale before, and occasionally still pops up, often with accounts that were only just created.

Allowing us to restrict who can press the Follow button to only those eligible to chat (i.e. verified account, etc) raises the effort to harass people this way.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I noticed a lot of hate raids will flag / report a channel rapidly to get it taken down; and it had me thinking about Steam Review Bombing.

I was wondering if a possible fix might be that if a channel gets an exceptional amount of flags / reports in a short period of time that those reports are thrown out or logged as possible hate raid? Might allow your automated systems to avoid banning streamers in these situations while not removing the ability to still report content.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make a Twitch website that's 18+ only, possibly with more lax moderation and rules.
    One that's similar to twitch, but it's 18+ and it's a separate website. It's unlikely that there would be any monetary loss, long term. Quite the opposite actually.
    Twitch is already considered somewhat of a shady **** site, so it would have no bearing on their reputation.
    The only difference would be that the 18+ content would get its own twitch website and would thus be separated from the regular content and make the main Twitch website predominantly for gaming again.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The following two sections of the Community Guidelines should be on the same page so streamers know when they must use the "Pools, Hot Tubs & Beaches" category:

1st Section

https://safety.twitch.tv/s/article/Community-Guidelines?language=en_US#22Attire

"Standard guidelines

We don’t permit streamers to be fully or partially nude, including exposing genitals or buttocks. We do not permit the visible outline of genitals, even when covered. Broadcasting nude or partially nude minors is always prohibited, regardless of context.

For those who present as women, we ask that you cover your nipples. We do not permit exposed underbust. Cleavage is unrestricted as long as these coverage requirements…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The appeals process for a suspended account is such poor customer service. You can assign resource to this area but not where it matters in answering unjustified bans or suspensions.

The consistency on the appeals is so flawed it’s ethically and morally wrong.

This post will be deleted, again, because you don’t want to own up to poor customer service and would rather delete a post than provide a good service to loyal customers. Contact me for details, but I doubt you will.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Your "Safety" policy prohibits "realistically doctored nudity" without any explanation or examples of what that even means. I suggest updating the policy to provide clarity on that.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. the new rules are very vague, suggesting that if I stream Neverwinter (DOS, the original MMO from the 90s) via private server than I am a filthy pirate and playing it illegally and should have my twitch account deleted and locked up in jail. Or that we aren't allowed to stream playthroughs of games on PSPLUs/Gamepass because that's another streaming service.

Ya, I own 10k+ games acrossed multiple platforms (STeam, UPLay, Epic, Xbox , Sony, Nintendo) . so this is laughable to me.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can we have a separate version on just chatting for sexualy explicit content, whenever viewing the just chatting tab it's nothing but sexually explicit things. Now that it is explicitly allowed by Twitch, why not make it it's own category so just chatting can actually just be chatting.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please require an account to view a stream. Banned users are just logging out to view streams now. And please bring back removing banned followers from your list, please! I don’t know why you got rid of this feature but bring it back.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Today's update to the policies are understandable but the solution provided is very disappointing. I am a sex-positive streamer who educates and discusses sex and kink in a no-shame, queer-focused way. I am not streaming nude or playing games with excessive nudity. However, I do use the "Sexual Themes" tag because I want viewers to be aware that those topics of conversation can and do arise. With this new policy, I'm now penalized for being sex-positive by being ineligible for the home page.

It has been previously recommended that blurred or hidden thumbnails be shown with those categories, which feels…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?