Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mature Audience streams can still be viewed in small parts by going to their clipped videos and watching clips!

This shouldn't be allowed?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Enforcement Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I have been working on a solution for the hate raids problem, a problem that led streamers into going for a strike. I have been able to come up with a solution which I believe could solve the problem.
    The solution has to deal with using the Channel-Banned Terms Filter.

First, we gather other alphabet (Greek, Latin, etc.) and signs that look like the English alphabet and arrange them based on the alphabet they look like, basically creating an array for each English alphabet and the letters that look like them.

Second, we write code that is able to swap…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. In my time modding for channels, there have now been multiple occasions where there has been users who are posing problem across multiple channels and have been "leap-frogging" between other stream team members once they're banned on one.

This is then leading to having to find who's channel has been hit next and attempting to communicate this with them to make them aware.

I think that if a user is banned from other streams, this is something mods and streamer should be able to see, but along side this there should be a box where it is explained why the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. According to google and people knowledge, sexual suggestiveness is visual, verbal, written or behavioral material or action with sexual undertones implying sexual intent in order to provoke sexual arousal.

Said that, how come your website allows people, like Amouranth for example, to stream, clearly, sexual suggestive content and not banning them properly? Besides the huge amount of money and attention that they bring to Twitch. It would be a shame if your company started to be correlated as an Open Door for children to ingress into ***********. Remembering that Twitch started and still is a streaming game domain that has…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Okay so I find it greatly disrespectful that words like spastic hemiplegia, ADHD, and other names of different types of disabilities are banned from being used on Twitch. This is very frustrating for me because I feel like I’m being forced to hide telling people about my conditions and I want to be able to educate people about them if I do end up live-streaming on this platform. This makes it harder for me and other people who have disabilities to be able to advocate for themselves and educate others. Banning them because of the fear that people would use…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there!

I am so sorry for the frustration. This is definitely something we do not want to have happening on the site. When running into these words being banned can you please elaborate where you were running into issues with these terms? Was it on a bio, in chat or a title?

Also some example sentences that were caught up saying the terms were not allowed would be immensely helpful for our teams to investigate.

6. The new harassment policy sounds lovely. But, how can we be sure Twitch will actually enforce it? Many of us have experienced harassment from viewers as well as creators (hateful raids, etc) and nothing has ever been done. How can we trust you’re going to do something now?

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Twitch's default font does not use serifs. Serifs are important for distinguishing I's from l's. For instance, if you can easiIy teIl which of the lowercase L's are or are not repIaced with uppercase i's in this sentence, you're almost definitely using a screen reader. Yes, there is a difference between them, but you wouldn't be able to tell me which is which.

This is a big issue in any online form of communication, for the following reasons:

1: Security. People can post a link that has an L replaced with an i, or sometimes vice versa, without it being…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Twitch I been watching some of the small streams in the sports channel and I notice something that needs to be taking care of quickly. There are a lot of perverts going to kids twitch channels and asking them to show their feet. When the kid refuse they end up getting ban. I was so confused, i was thinking how a channel could be ban for not showing their feet to perverts but i realized that if someone was to report a channel for being underage then that channel would be ban in like 2 or 3 minutes. The parts…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Report Tool and Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make rule sets of automod strictness, whereas each set is applied to a type of viewer determined by streamer. For example:
    - Followed less than a week ago: Very strict.
    - Followed more than 6 months ago: Less strict.
    - Subscribed for 5 years straight and <2 timeouts: No auto-moderation.

The main problem with a universal automod rule set (i.e. current automod, as of Dec 2021) is that when a flaggable word is used with amicable intent by a loyal viewer and then manually permitted by a mod, the same permitted word can now be used maliciously by bots and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When "/user" lookup we can have Messages, Timeouts, Bans, Mod Comments,

It would be helpful to see the other places that potential chatter has been banned in other places to warn the other mods of a potential risk.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Usual Spam Bots, the last in time "Bigfollow"

Use anti-bot system with algorythms to detect these kind of bot, who the the same sentence with variations, characters variations, space variations, etc...

Twitch detection should learn and create auto-detection for them :
    a user enter a channel, post one message and leave, enter another channel, post the same message (or same message with variation) and leave..

the last spam bot is easy to detect, because they use the same keyword in their sentence variations : Bigfollow

Twitch please use an auto-detection, and ban them.
    And allow users to the new words…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a toggle switch for phone verification to Mod View to allow mods to turn it on and off mid stream - especially when new raids come in. Similar to Followers only mode or Sub only mode
    Finding that with Phone Verification turned on, less people are chatting when legit raids come through. But we don't want to turn it off in case there are hate raids.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. mods should have a bell that they can ring it so the streamer can hear it to read chat if the mods want to tell the streamer something important, like if the streamer is muted or the cam not working.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Like the pencil that editors have for editing the title in moderator view, I am suggesting that the new verification systems that are now only available in the editor dashboard also be made available as a new widget or added to the "Channel Actions" widget for editors who use mod view.

I would also like to see some slash commands to enable or disable them. Perhaps with whatever we preset the settings to.

/phoneon /phoneoff
    /emailon /phoneoff

When used, it could enable those verification systems with the settings we had previously saved.

This would give us the ability to use…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat Verification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. For at least the meantime while the follow hate bots are a thing... Make creating new accounts have a mandatory cooldown before they can follow an option since many of the accounts that do the hate follow to get around current protections are created same day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The current banning system is hugely flawed due to trolls being able to hide behind a VPN and create hundreds of new accounts, it does literal nothing to protect streamers against a persistent troll.

Instead Twitch needs to have it so that anyone who uses their services agrees to the logging of their Device ID and and bans are logged against that Device and not the IP. This way troll maybe has 2/3 devices he/she can use but certainly not hundreds!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The new restrictions on verified chat requires using a personal mobile number only??? You want me to expose my personal mobile number to being hacked or used for your marketing purposes? I have a VOIP number associated with my my email and mobile number for the purpose of keeping things separated that I have used for SEVEN YEARS for security purposes. It is a shame that you don't respect your user's privacy and security. The recent hack of Twitch is proof I don't want you to have my personal mobile number. You need to change the requirement, since I have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat Verification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. We've all noticed the follow bot/hate raid stuff lately and quite frankly this is getting tiresome. I have some simple ideas that'll help with these issues that should keep the community safer than they already are.

1. Allow users to disable the ability for follows to happen on their channel without the following account already being verified/enabling 2FA, or even exist for a set amount of time, a time chosen by the user. Could be 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, etc.

2. Give users the option to disable hosts and raids from any users that that haven't verified their account/have enabled…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When you click on a users chat logs, then click off and the user has sent messages later in the stream then the chat logs won't update. Its a big pain when you look at the logs of a user and need to look at them again in an hour or so but the logs haven't updated and you need to refresh your chat window.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Lately, I've been getting a ton of "follows" and "unfollows" from fake accounts that run streams spams or advertising some random malware or whatever it is that they're promoting. It's been consistent every day about 2-3 times a day. Visiting their page they all run the same video feed. And has the same text link on their screen to some external link.

Usually has some "manolia" name in their twitch name. But now starting to notice a wave of different random naming conventions instead.

I suggest that you guys create some sort of detection software that checks for massive follows…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?