Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

952 results found

1. listen this isnt an idea but more of a request could we stop and think maybe female streamers are just a bit too much for example itspinkie like why is she putting her mic on her privates so people can hear her **** and the fact shes partnered its shocking my channel is very small i get at least 3- 5 viewers and im a furry the lowest of the low the kind that people frown at when they see but i at least show some moral restraint when talking to my viewers i hate the fact that most women…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I'm a streamer on this platform, and have been for quite a few years. I would like to talk about some issues that I have with the new code of conduct of community guidelines if you would give me the chance, and that would be the dress code here on twitch.

Twitch is a platform for all who wish to voice their opinions, play games, or provide any sort of entertainment, and I'm all for supporting that. However, there is an on-going problem that I am noticing every day, and it's getting worse. I am a female streamer on twitch.…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I believe that Twitch should add REGEX support for Automod "Blocked words and phrases". This would be a very helpful feature for chat moderation since a lot of users can easily get past the blocked term by intentionally misspelling a word. This would also allow streamers to enforce English only characters in chat. I'm aware that twitch allows using the "*" wildcard but in many instances this is simply not enough.

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. If a viewer breaks a rule 3 (or some set amount of) times in chat, Automod should then go ahead and ban the user permanently for the streamer.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make the list of banned users visible to all moderators and not just the streamer

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Since the twitch follow botting has become such a pain , what if we add a simple accept/reject follow request for users who join in and wanna follow? Like on Instagram. This would massively stop the follow botting . And a UI menu for the streamer/ mods to bulk select a list of users to allow or reject which has been implemented for redeem requests already (like a check all and accept/reject) .

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Over a year ago at Twitchcon 2019, twitch discussed and spoke about how when people are suspended or banned, that they would put in methods, procedures and other resources so that if someone did indeed get suspended from twitch, then they would be informed of their misdoings that led to them being punished.

Its been over a year, and while we are living in the 'rona era, that still doesn't excused that even before it existed, there was barely any signs that any of these were put into place. The only thing we got was a council that had controversy…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Streamers are constantly streaming sexually explicit content under the guise of exercise, pool activities and cosplay. I was under the impression that Twitch was a platform for entertainers who wanted to create unique communities, not another typical platform for wh**es to exploit underage and easily influenced boys by wearing thongs and stretching. there are platforms for this kind of content, i dont believe twitch needs to succumb to this wave of exploitation like that. On everyone's suggested streams are always 3+ mostly naked women bending over for attention. lets be better than this. Update our guidelines and enforce them. they…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Remove prediction content guideline check on different languages than English or please remove it completely! Again, you think English is the only language what every people speak on the Earth!

Can you tell me what is wrong with this text in your opinion? What guide is broken with the text: "Crazynek lesz 3 kill-je a mérkőzésen?"

So, please remove ASAP, as we can not write good content because of your restrictions!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Automod  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Too many people are running into minority streams and throwing hate speech. People report them and then they return nothing changes. It's unacceptable.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please make a chat filter which allows you to ban users with brand new accounts or accounts that are X days/hours/weeks old (give the streamer a choice.) It will prevent people from harassing streamers who just make new accounts after they've been banned and continue to harass.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If a username is shown on twitch then it should be allowed in a poll without tripping the content feature. I often run fun competitions with my viewers where the results can be determined by a poll.

Unfortunately some of my viewers' usernames are not permitted in polls, even though they can chat freely in chat without censorship.

I don't want to add the 18+/Mature tag to these streams to allow a poll to happen and to have to change a username for a poll, while it can work, is both inelegant and makes the polling API almost useless.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. sometimes bots or maybe some random report could get an account banned. seems like out of nowhere, but the community wants to help for appeal but what if they arent getting heard? what if they were just brushed under the rug and not looked upon? how serious are things being taken into account? What is one streamer to All of Twitch?

The Community should be able to help the streamer push for an appeal, push to be seen, to be noticed. Answers need answering, we are all people too, Small streamers, big streamers, we should be equal for support. But…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. the option to "/marker [notes]" is only for editors, however sometimes the Mods would like to just drop a marker for the streamer or for the editors to go back to as a good point of ref for them.

For an example; "Start highlight here, end here"

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have a friend who is a beginner streamer who has been banned and doesn't know why. Twitch only reported that he said something that is outside of his policy. I watch all of his lives and I don't remember any time he offended someone else. In addition to not making the reason clear, the platform does not give confidence to new streamers, making them question whether the platform is the best option for them to work. Not only that, I remember other cases in which Brazilian streamers were banned for stupid reasons. So I would like to leave the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. why some men can stay at stream without shirt , and women are being punished for they cleavage and show the body, and men can go shirtless live no matter what kind of body shapes they have (yes, there are men who appear to have breasts)?

can we have an equal policy for all ?

or please let us know why female body can be considered sexualized and not a male body

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The current system on Twitch where you have Mature Audience setting, you really need to add a better Age Verification system than a button to confirm you are of age. To me this is lazy age verification, you need to have actual age verification before being allowed to watch streams that are marked for Mature Audience. It's such a simple process where you can confirm your age once with a third-party entity that can verify your actual age with official documents, so no documents are handled by Twitch directly, thus keeping the security and confidentiality of it's users sensitive information.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The permitted terms that are added do not end up permitting the word to be used in chat. For example, blocking the word "sex" prevents the chat from using the pride emotes that have the words "sex" in it due to the wildcard. It would be nice if Twitch found a way to sort the Permitted Words list and allow it so the permitted words actually allow the viewers to say the word in chat without it still being blocked.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Can you please clarify what term(s) you’re adding to the Permitted Terms list in this example? Are you saying you’ve added “sex” as a Blocked Term, “pansexual” as a Permitted Term, and you still can’t use the Pansexual Pride emote?

19. you guys have allowed such animal abuse as to allow a creator to poison a cat in front of many people

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Twitch's changes to acceptable content this year explicitly created different rules for male and female streamers. Where can we start a dialog about what kind of message this sends to both women and those who objectify/dismiss female streamers?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?