Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1132 results found

1. How about:
    1. Set up a system to analyze users reported for being suspicious of being a bot in a chat.
    2. Said system allows the person reporting to select one or more recent chat messages from said user.
    3. The chat message gets added to a staff-curated list of spam messages. The curated list runs a check behind the scenes (maybe via a JS that already does the "sending message" mechanics).
    4. If the message matches the list, the account is flagged for investigation and the message is shadow-banned (the message appears for the sender, but anybody else won't…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Since a bugreport page does not seem to exist and the general category is under maintenance: Your report button is completely broken. I cannot report channels used for hate-raids against LGBTQIA+ people (tried Chrome and Firefox, Firefox without any Twitch extensions). It says "Sorry, a network error ocured when submitting your report. Please try again later". The issue has persisted for at least a day now and I can watch streams without any issues indicating that I do in fact have internet.

Please fix the report button and take action against accounts used for hate-raids.

twitchdobetter

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I'm writing because I have an issue regarding muted audio.

Here is the link:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1260727539

Your software says that the audio is muted because the song at 6:03 allegedly belongs to BaliBiki and is titled "Do Hee."

There are two issue:

1. The song at 6:03 is title "The Space Was The Place," was written by Audio Hertz, and it was released into the YouTube public domain library in 2020.

2. When I Google "BaliBiki" and "Do Hee" the song doesn't match the track at 6:03 in my video. That song is titled "Road Tripzzz" and was written by Ofshane. And, it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. If someone talking about suicide and/or self harm in chat, then banning someone from a platform that could potentially provide vital contact or support to them is not the answer needed for helping them.
    This reddit post made by reportedly a health professional describes their experience with the issue
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/7d87ah/how_does_twitch_deal_with_self_harm_and_suicide/
    While messages glorifying the acts should not be promoted or allowed on the site, it's important to not get rid of a potentially vital way of contacting someone who could be in serious danger. Instead, provide them with hotlines, or other direct ways to get them the support they need.…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. vr is blowing up and with vr streamers, lately alot of vr streamers have been slipping by some of the rules and its kind of concerning. if you watch most of the streamers youll notice that the content feels more like fan service rather than a reflection to the game and/or personality. i feel like the rules for vr in general should just be more strict since the creations of most of the creators has only been sex related if not blatantly sexual. please rework some of the gameplay guidelines so that vr has specified rules since it is somewhat…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ban people who send hate raids for longer or permanently. Hate raids are intentional and planned and are bad for the community. Hate raids against high profile streamers will always gain the person some support because the higher the profile person the more people there will be who also don't like them. Being soft on hate raiders will incentives harassment as an avenue to gain an audience and reward people for harassment as they will have popularity and attention for it when they return in 2 weeks time.
    If harassment is incentivised more people will do it and twitch community…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I consider them 100% necessary.

1) Accounts with many bans in other channels:
    - Accounts with "some warning" on all their comments that is only seen by the mods.
    - Option for the streamer to decide if accounts with +5 /+10 /+10 /+20 / +50 bans in other channels are considered "accounts with warnings" in their channel.
    - Mods and streamer can disable "account with warnings" status for any account in their channel.
    - Mods and streamers by selecting only one option can ban/timeout all "accounts with warning" that are currently on their channel.

2) Accounts created 1 hour /…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Telling every community without a question on what terms and usages in their own communities are disallowed, aside from a few exceptions that can mean nothing but hateful things, is a little ridiculous. People come from different cultures and accept different things. Streamers should be able to create their own guidelines and 'accepted vocabulary' in their own community.

These guidelines would of course be required to be displayed fully on their about pages so people who would not be able to handle more 'lax' communities can avoid joining in such places. Something they of course have every right to do.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Top streamers get banned for less than a weekend for every kind of offense, DMCA included, only to come back and get more attention and money thrown at them for blatantly violating the ToS. What kind of message does it send that nearly every top streamer on Twitch right now has received some number of bans? As it is now streamers might as well get banned on purpose, because currently it's paid PTO with a raise on return to work. Stop catering to the top streamers and actually make your bans consistent and of a consequential length.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please check if the number of followers of a channel is realistic if that channel has NEVER streamed. Recently there is a spike of purchased followers used in hate-raids against LGBTQIA+ people. A lot of this could be automatically prevented or at least decreased in how bad it is by automatically putting channels with a high followercount despite never having streamed on a watchlist and not allowing them to raid until this is reviewed.

twitchdobetter

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Have an option to download and/or export the original unmuted version of the VOD, if the streamer wishes to export the unmuted version to YouTube or download the unmuted version to edit out the copyrighted music, so the streamer has an unmuted version for a highlight.

Another potential option is to have the same thing, but make it a tool on the Twitch website (like where the past broadcasts are stored). As in, having the streamer edit out unmuted parts, but make it so they're not just separate VODS- have the choice to merge them together.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Similar to how discord does it however perhaps in more general terms rather than specific bot recommendations.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Deferred  ·  0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Recently a lot of streamers have been getting DMCA notices for streams that are 2-3 years old. 50 Cent - In Da Club has been flagged on many channels along with other music from RIAA. This is a problem because streamers are now scared of getting punished or banned off the platform for listening to the music they want to listen to. This is not good for the longevity of the platform if it wants to survive the entertainment industry.

To be brutally honest, Twitch is not good for the music industry at all. If a streamer has 10,000 viewers…

174 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Having a way to recover VOD's after deletion. I cancelled prime membership and completely forgot it was connected to twitch. I now only have parts 2 to 6 of my FNAF Security Breach lives. I now can't post this as a 6 part series anywhere else

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. i stream bed was On Minecraft for four hours with my friend, there was no background music or copywrite things in it. I know theres was audio in it because at the begining my friend made me realize i was muted on both my headphones and stream so i unmute on both to make sure this worked i went in to my stream and made random noise to make sure it was working while a little quite there's was definitely audio in it.
    I know for a fact it wasn´t my mic messing up cuz if it was my friend…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Many streams have fun aspects such as alerts or scenes to celebrate events. Such as flashing lights or strobes like a rave to celebrate.
    Or other music streams center their whole channel around these rave type imagery.

Flashing lights and colors is one of the biggest trigger for seizures for those with epilepsy.

I propose giving streamers a feature just like “flag this channel as mature content” they can “flag this channel as containing flashing imagery” or something of the effect where just as when you enter a mature stream a pop up shows stating
    “This stream has flashing lights…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I can report a Streamer. But I miss the report reason "Online Grooming". In addition, it should be possible to report not only streamers, but also users in the chat.
    Twitch is full of adults who cavort in streams of minors and there demand ****** things from the children.
    I know you have to be 13 to stream on Twitch. It is also correct that younger streamers are banned. But mostly only the young streamers are banned, and the groomers continue to mess around .

Most groomers ask about private social media. Most often Snapchat, Tiktok, Instagram.
    Then it is…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Buy the rights and create a music catalog for streamers to pick and use on their stream legally aka Amazon Music Player. If Instagram and Facebook users can allow music clips on their own content or profiles then twitch can definitely allow users to use music legally on their channels. This is beneficial for the content creator, musical artists, and Twitch. More revenue will be generated overall by allowing this and also it will help filter out who is using this legally and illegally. DMCA's should only be used for people abusing this and not using for example an amazon…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I am extremely confused why "Sort & Delete Clips by date, game, or view count" is being pushed back to Q3/Q4 of 2021. That is an entire year from now and is unacceptable given the recent situation regarding clips being targeted for DMCA because of the system's failures to protect creators.

Twitch has prioritized VOD management over clips. Let me tell you something, as someone who has used the website for years and is a full time streamer that manages many other stream channels big and small: VOD management is NOT what people need more tools for at this time.…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow Individual Chat Messages and Vods to be Reported

Twitch's reporting tool is in serious need of an overhaul. It's frustrating to only be able to report someone by going over to the offending account, and gathering information.
    While reporting accounts themselves is a good option, it should not be the only one, as it's tedious and people may not report accounts on those confusing conditions.
    In order to promote a better Twitch community, reports should be made easier, so individual vods and chat messages should have an option to be reported themselves, with a button to do so, with…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?