Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

861 results found

1. When automod was updated the term Noob was added in as a derogatory term. Unfortunately that's a part of my name so for a long time whenever someone used the term Noob with a different word before or after it, it would get flagged by automod and one of my moderators or myself would have to manually allow the message through. This is also a problem when I'm in my friend's streams if they haven't added that specific phrase to their "safe words" list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Streamers have been getting away with little to no punishment for things that aren't even allowed on this platform when others (male and female) streamers have been punished more severely for less. We need to make it fair for everyone no one should get special treatment no matter how big their streams or who they are.

Male, female, and all genders should be dealt with equally no one should violate guidelines and reveal naked body parts and get a slap on the wrist, some people can take that as ****** harassment.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In the last year I have discovered on your platform an incresead number of streamers that push agendas or political views through their perfomances. Across time I enjoyed watching others playing and learned interesting things from your streamers but the above mentioned practices have been very tiring.
    But my main concern is about the impact of these atitudes on the younger(minor) audience which are very vulnerable, easy to manipulate and influenceable .
    I would appreciate if you would take into consideration this and a first measure I thought about would be to implement a tagging/flagging of the streamers that have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Certain channel-specific actions and stats are shown in Stream Manager and not Mod View which could be helpful to consolidate down to one location. Adding the option to see a live Viewer Count and Follower Count for instance such as in Stream Manager mode or having channel Quick Actions be brought over to Mod View for editors could save a lot of frustration when switching between the tabs to run ad breaks or organize raids at the end of stream.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When Automod has moderated a word - and the item is at the bottom of chat - clicking on the "****" will bring up a popup menu that is incomplete and will not let you see the rest of the message to determine if you would like to allow the blocked text.

I should not have to wait for 5-6 more people to send messages to be able to review whether I want to see a specific blocked word - I should be able to make a judgement with it as the latest message.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be very good if a streamer could block Accounts that aren't older that 7 Days or something. My Streamer is getting annoyed by one Person with 1000 Accounts. If I ban one he can still chat with anotherone because of his VPN. This is a serious problem on Twitch.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hi guys, I'm new here but i'm quite angry for what happened just now to a friend of mine. She started streaming a few months ago and she is giving her all to provide her little audience with a fun, polite and interactive experience. Despite her devotion to these principles, some users in 2020 still enjoy entering chats in group only to flame, spam racist stuff and other forms of hate. I get that in some ways you can manage your chat to prevent this stuff to happen but for small streamers it's kinda hard to manage on their own.…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Enforcement Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Just like you created the new Category, "Pools, Hot tubs, and Beaches" because of the excessive demand, you also NEED to create a "Troll Jail" for all viewers who abuse, harass, or 'troll' your Twitch Streamers!
    The number of Trolls have become quite excessive, and simply 'banning' an abusive viewer from a single streamer, ONE, that banned viewer can still see and hear the streamer, TWO, that viewer can jump into another streamer, and continue his\her harassment!
    You need to create an algorithm that bans that viewer COMPLETELY FROM TWITCH! Perhaps create, along with your current "banned flag", a count…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Enforcement Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Since the mod view is generally a small player it would be nice to add a panel style extension to the mod view which can be dragged and dropped on to the mod view.

This would allow mods to use third party tools without having to open another browser tab. They can stay focused on chat and moderating without switching back and forth.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. While I can understand the rationale behind channel chat and whispers being treated separately, the fact is that users who are banned for inappropriate behavior often follow up by harassing the streamer directly through whispers. Here is a potential workflow I can think of:

Whenever a mod bans a user from a streamer’s channel, it triggers some kind of message/notification to the streamer that a user has been banned and asks if the streamer would also like to block/ignore. Additionally, there can be an option for the streamer to auto-block in these instances where mods are trusted and there may…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Moderators sometimes manage game lobby links or somilar for their streamers. As such the links may get copied to the clipboard easily. If there are procedures in place to greet users or similar, then it might happen that moderators accidentally post sensitive information into the chat.
    Also, a rogue moderator may abuse their rights or post unwelcome messages.

Thus, moderators should have the option to delete their own and other moderators' messages.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There should be the ability for broadcasters to edit moderation history. Private blocked terms should not be visible to mods once the broadcaster unblocks them and there should be a way to delete or edit previous logs in mod history for the security and safety of the streamer. I have seen many other streamers with this problem who are now afraid to take on new mods because of the access they could potentially have to private information.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. i think it not apropriate to show the nudity of body like many channels

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. “Twitch does not allow content that depicts, glorifies, encourages, or supports terrorism, or violent extremist actors or acts.” But for some reason Twitch allows it in games? Call of duty modern warfare 2 allows you to slaughter civilians at an airport. Destroy All Humans glorifies Genocide. The Postal series promotes mass murder. These games have their place but it’s not on this platform by Twitch’s own definition. Either ban these games or change the community guidelines to allow depictions of terrorism.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I've changed all if the allowed word and moderator settings but still cannot add that I am a ****** cancer survivor. I can write boobie cancer or b r e a s t cancer and I find this incredibly offensive, ridiculous, and frustrating

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There is a trend for people to stream anime series which not only is illegal, since they don't own the content which has copyright, but this will hurt twitch content creators.

1. Most of these channels are using an illegal streaming website to stream the show on twitch.

2. If they are using a legal site (for example, Crunchyroll) they are breaking the law by double streaming their content here.

3. They are not creating their own content, hurting all hard-working streamers that actually put effort on twitch.

The problem is there is no easy way of making a report for this case.…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. My friend has gotten multiple hate raids while streaming under the "woman" tag. When she removed the tag and streamed without it, the hate raids miraculously stopped. There needs to be more in place to protect people from abusing tags to send targeted hate.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. After a certain amount of time (seems random at this point), certain heavily used emotes will disappear out of the channel emotes section.

The only way I know how to fix it is to refresh the entire page. Obviously being a mod I could miss bad actors, so I end up duplicating the tab to be safe.

I know this bug affects other moderators as well, so it isn't just limited to my system.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. This is not to take away from the improvements that have already been made, and are being implemented. The work that is being done is greatly appreciated.
    However, further change is needed to better protect streamers for banned users. Merely preventing chatting is not enough to deter harassment, stalking, or intrusive bot behavior.

Most people are aware that measures often can be circumvented, that is not an excuse for the lack of protection that currently exists.
    Streamers need a way to completely cut off a user from content. I believe the proposed measures are reasonable, and will also provide protection…

1,518 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

89 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are happy to announce that we have released an update that addresses some of these points.

Channel Banned users will no longer be able to view the chat, and they will also be removed from your Chat list. There is an issue that has caused us to pause this temporarily, but we expect a fix to be out very soon – stay tuned to the Twitter thread below for the update.

Additionally, if you Block a user, they will not be able to subscribe or follow, and Blocking them will automatically unfollow them.

https://twitter.com/TwitchSupport/status/1243643979897417730?s=20

How to Block a user: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/how-to-manage-harassment-in-chat#BlockWhispersandMessagesfromStrangers

I will leave this topic open for your points about being unable to fully view the remaining content of a channel, and account creation.

20. As title says, on a large 4k monitor the default font size can be just a little bit too small. Having the same options as chat font scaling would fix this issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?