Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. My friend has gotten multiple hate raids while streaming under the "woman" tag. When she removed the tag and streamed without it, the hate raids miraculously stopped. There needs to be more in place to protect people from abusing tags to send targeted hate.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have a friend who is a beginner streamer who has been banned and doesn't know why. Twitch only reported that he said something that is outside of his policy. I watch all of his lives and I don't remember any time he offended someone else. In addition to not making the reason clear, the platform does not give confidence to new streamers, making them question whether the platform is the best option for them to work. Not only that, I remember other cases in which Brazilian streamers were banned for stupid reasons. So I would like to leave the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. After a certain amount of time (seems random at this point), certain heavily used emotes will disappear out of the channel emotes section.

The only way I know how to fix it is to refresh the entire page. Obviously being a mod I could miss bad actors, so I end up duplicating the tab to be safe.

I know this bug affects other moderators as well, so it isn't just limited to my system.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I'm a streamer on this platform, and have been for quite a few years. I would like to talk about some issues that I have with the new code of conduct of community guidelines if you would give me the chance, and that would be the dress code here on twitch.

Twitch is a platform for all who wish to voice their opinions, play games, or provide any sort of entertainment, and I'm all for supporting that. However, there is an on-going problem that I am noticing every day, and it's getting worse. I am a female streamer on twitch.…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As title says, on a large 4k monitor the default font size can be just a little bit too small. Having the same options as chat font scaling would fix this issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This is not to take away from the improvements that have already been made, and are being implemented. The work that is being done is greatly appreciated.
    However, further change is needed to better protect streamers for banned users. Merely preventing chatting is not enough to deter harassment, stalking, or intrusive bot behavior.

Most people are aware that measures often can be circumvented, that is not an excuse for the lack of protection that currently exists.
    Streamers need a way to completely cut off a user from content. I believe the proposed measures are reasonable, and will also provide protection…

1,510 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

85 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are happy to announce that we have released an update that addresses some of these points.

Channel Banned users will no longer be able to view the chat, and they will also be removed from your Chat list. There is an issue that has caused us to pause this temporarily, but we expect a fix to be out very soon – stay tuned to the Twitter thread below for the update.

Additionally, if you Block a user, they will not be able to subscribe or follow, and Blocking them will automatically unfollow them.

https://twitter.com/TwitchSupport/status/1243643979897417730?s=20

How to Block a user: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/how-to-manage-harassment-in-chat#BlockWhispersandMessagesfromStrangers

I will leave this topic open for your points about being unable to fully view the remaining content of a channel, and account creation.

7. This feature would allow creators to allow and disallow follows to protect against spam, such as followbotting. If a user starts to get followbotted, they can turn off follows, and problem fixed. It will lead to less issues in the future going back and forth with support and stressing about whether or not you will be banned from Twitch.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Inserire la possibilità di vedere il nome degli altri account collegati alla medesima email. Questo potrebbe aiutare nel caso venissero usati account diversi per eludere un ban.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. i just discoverd that my friend follow boted me thats why i got so many followers but in the afiliated achievement it still with 806 followers and i only want to be legal! if you read this twitch support my channel is redfallout20 pls revise it!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I say you stop banning streamers because some random in their game said a slur that the twitch streamer was unable to stop them from saying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Just either a message that would be sent out to all people following which seems difficult or a notice on the streamers page saying why they were removed instead of just deleting the page entirely. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Since there is really no appeal system to the enforcement process for certain offenses it would seem only fair for there to be some sort of warning system in place for when the system detects an offense. An enforcement system with no warnings and no appeals seems contrary to the best interests of both streamers and Twitch. There is no system to detect infractions that is infallible, and in this case, when an error is made Twitch loses not only a streamer, but the revenue that streamer generated.
    An offense that warrants a permanent ban should be taken seriously both…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Enforcement Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. immediate permanent bans shouldn't be allowed. give a warning in whispers. if warning appears in chat it can be easily missed. also if the person doesn't understand what they did wrong have it explained first instead of permanent banned. good people can get permanently banned to easily.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be very useful if mod logs showed timeout and banned messages under the 'bans' and 'timeouts' tabs so mods don't have to scroll forever though their messages trying to find why a user had a past ban or timeout. Since mods can't put a reason why someone is banned or timed out for every user they moderate. Especially in a high traffic stream.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Card  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I find it completely unacceptable that you are allowing disgusting usernames that disparage other individuals. Please fix this. How can words that are not even swear words be blocked but individuals can make user names or tell other individuals they are less then based on the color of there skin? Please put a filter in place!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. jokin helpompi tapa ilmoittaa kanavan joutuneen botti seuraajien tai botti kauppiaiden ilmoittamiseksi. tai edes jokin selvä tapa. nyt joutuu tavallaan raportoimaan kanavasta , eikä itse botti hyökkäyksestä. voisi olla kavanan lähettäjän tai moderaattorien työkaluksi. helpottamaan ilmoittamista.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Report Tool and Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When adding a banned term, it would be amazing to be able to create subterms for that umbrella term. For example, if the word **** is banned, ****, sh!t, sh1t, and a variety of other spellings are still allowed.

Instead of having to create a new term for each of these spellings, it would be amazing to make a "****" category, where all of the spellings can be added with a drop down menu.

Another extension of this idea would be adding a toggle for banned words so that you can temporarily disable or enable a word (and it's variants…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When there are multiple mods on a channel and some of them attempt to timeout the same person via the user profile info box at the same time, what tends to happen is the mods will timeout the user and untimeout them immediately after. When the user is in timeout, the untimeout button appears exactly where the "10s" "1m" "10m" "30m" timeout buttons used to be. It would be very helpful if the untimeout button did not appear where the timeout buttons used to be. Maybe even add a 1-2 second delay on how fast someone can time the same…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The current email system has two steps first to acknowledge receipt of a report and second to acknowledge action of a report. The second part only actions on the first correct reporting of the indicated behaviour.

This poses a few problems. First when receiving an acknowledgement of a report which twitch has taken an action you do not have reference to which report it was associated with. This makes it difficult for the moderator/viewer to get a better understanding of what is a good report. The reporter already knows the name of the user they reported and the reason, perhaps…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safety Transparency Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Will Twitch Be Doing a Strikes Removal Program in the Future Like Say After So many Days the Strikes Fall off? the account? Would Something like this be possible in the future?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?