Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1130 results found

1. I've seen quite a few people get banned now and they cannot decipher what they got banned for in the vague email you send. More to this; streamers can be streaming for 10 hours a day and you expect them to remember 10 seconds of discourse that got them banned? Just attach the "bannable" clip to the email. How are people supposed to consciously appeal a ban when you don't explicity tell them what they did was wrong instead of give a vague "category"?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A quick tool to add blurr to selected sections of a VOD. Currently we have to download the entire vod, edit in 3rd party software and then upload again.
    Unpublishing the video removes it from recent streams for viewers that missed it.

If we had an option to blue selected portions of the video in the editor that add security options to streamers.

I'm editing a 3 hour VOD just to blue out 30 seconds of a screen that shows my address...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The musical atmosphere being an important part for the creation of content on the platform, and to limit future problems with the DMCA as we can see now.

I propose an extension (or a feature) in partnership with the main music streaming software that would allow music to be broadcast directly on the live page and not integrated into the video stream.

If we take the example of Spotify, having to link its twitch page with spotify so that the viewers can hear the music we add to our stream in real time

And of course find a way for…

496 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I personally do not have a quarrel with people having subathon's, though I do hope that they make every effort to maintain a healthy schedule for sleeping, eating, self-care, etc. I do feel that it is potentially misleading to some and saying the stream will perceivably "last forever" (as long as people continue to donate/sub) but then during stream announcing when the streamer will cap/limit the subathon, thus contradicting bot announcements and stream titles lacking or having omitted the now annouced limit to the stream. if people continue to donate or sub in effort to continue the streams timer, but…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Twitch currently allows rampant view-botting because the view count includes embedded twitch apps in external websites. This creates a huge imbalance and unfair playing field for streamers who dont cheat.

Nobody watches streams from external websites. They go there for info on any topic and are automatically counted as a viewer. Just think of the ways this can be exploited. I see it all the time on Twitch.

The biggest way people discover streams is by who has the highest view count. This is a critical number that should be honest.

After you fix this part of viewbotting, then we…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Evidence of the situation I describe will be at the end of this description.

Twitch streamers are being DMCA'd despite deleting all of their old VODs and clips that they were told to delete. For those that aren't aware, that media never actually got deleted, just taken off of Twitch. Every old VOD and clip that has ever existed (yes that includes banned streamers) are still stored on a server that Twitch owns.

Now you may be wondering why this is an issue, and more importantly, why is this only an issue now? Well here's the thing: The server hosting…

161 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be nice to have the option when reporting someone to have some kind of timestamp feature that would take support directly to the place in the recorded stream video where the incident occurred. That way people wouldn't have to manually figure out the date and time/time zone or even provide a link to photo or video evidence hosted on a third party site.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Over the past year or so I've come across multiple streamers creating/streaming sexually suggestive content with the clear intention to arouse viewers and provoke a s*xual response from them for financial gain.

This is the kind of content you'd expect to see on a p*rn or live cams site for adults, and is totally unacceptable. I've reported a lot of streamers, affiliates and partners for this kind of content and not one of them have been banned or suffered any consequences.

This gives me reasonable cause to say that Twitch staff who review these types of reports again streamers for…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please let all people play music on twich and stop it with the copy right stuff let all people play copy right stuff because Facebook is giving people the red tags and kicking people off so please twitch can you let all people play music on twich and let people play what kind of music what they what?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please ban people when they broke the terms of service why do you ban people who didnt ? and you can not even give them the proof that they did something wrong . Some people report others just for fun and they write lies in the report message thats not a reason to ban someone !!! then people have to wait for a long time because your twitch support team are not responsible ignorants who dont care !! please if you care about your customers hire better support and change this stupid system of banning innocent people everyone is sick…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Personally I do not like that we have to use the same reporting process to follow through with reporting a bot incident in one's own stream. There have been multiple cases of accounts being mistakenly banned on Twitch's end, this reporting process only encourages that to repeat itself.

I believe we should get a new bot reporting process that is separate from the regular reporting process as to avoid any complications that could result in unjust bans of streamers trying to help the whole community.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The text that appears with DMCA audio is grammatically incorrect.

"Audio for portions of this video has been muted as it appears to contain copyrighted content owned or controlled by a third party."

The has should be have. 'Audio portions have'... NOT 'audio portions has'... Video is not the subject of the sentence. It's crazy this hasn't been fixed.

This has been irking me for years.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Do I need to explain this? Do I EVEN need to explain this?

If Twitch Partners are going to abuse DMCA, then there should be some SERIOUS punishment for it. Revoke their Partnerships for anyone who blatantly abuses it and, should the case be a severe one, disallow them from re-achieving Partnership status for a length of time or even permanently (with Affiliation being either harder to attain or also permanently disallowed; again, depends on the severity of the case).

Hold the people at the top accountable. Do not let them abuse the system because it hurts people on the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a section to the twitch app/site where you can enter a title and the artist into said section, and it will tell you whether or not it is DMCA free. It would help the streamer a lot, going through streaming playlists with my friend who is beginning is difficult, why should we spend hours going through sites to see whether or not we can use it in her streams?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Lately I've been watching a streamer who has been a prime target for multiple follow bot attacks.

I suspect it is one of their regular viewers, however there is no real premise to report specifically for suspecting someone of actually launching the follow bot attacks.

And there needs to be a section where any potential proof can be uploaded, such as images, videos, and chat logs.

If Twitch wants more extensive reports, then Twitch needs to provide us with the means to do so.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If you set up a global default tag in Stream Info, the stream goes live with those tags on it, and then you remove one of those tags during the stream, it will come back and be locked once the stream becomes a video. Since it's locked, it can't then be removed again (at least by the Editor role).

Ideally, any tag removed during a stream will not be put back for the VOD but, if that behaviour is intentional, they should at least not be locked. The particular tag in question is the Family Friendly one, & that should…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add a function to ban bots that spam in one single sentence. Let this function work together with the delay in sending a message to the chat (from about 3 seconds or more), it will not apply to emoticons (at the streamer's choice), so that you can configure the restriction to check words in potential spam bots (for example: from 2 words or more), distinguish between the use of signs, CAPSLOCK, and other minor nuances. The larger the range of words for checking potential bot messages, the greater the delay should be at the time of sending the message…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When a channel that has never broken TOS before suddenly gains a mass amount of viewers, streams in catagory never used before on the channel and spams malware links this really should be a red flag for bumping indefinite suspension appeals up the list for that user, between the amount of people being hacked vs the amount of people getting themselves suspended, the wait times are still sorely lacking for those facing issues not of their own cause, the appeals system simply does not have any support, many stream to support themselves financially but also for their mental health and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Some of us understand fully the legal requirements to stream music, I myself having ran a successful online radio station for 10 years, understand paying for licensing, broadcasting, ect, ect. This license can include online play as well (myself being registered with SOCAN and paying yearly fees), this legally allows me to play copywritten music at will online, it adhere's to all DMCA guidelines and superceeds any copyright claim against my channel, and yet, twitch ignores this, refuses to put a place where we can supply the license number or facilitate any number of ways to alleviate this. This would…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. If youget a DMCA strike from music/aduio instead of muting the entire vod it should instead mute or not show the part of the vod that had the DMCA'd part in it then after wards continues the vod

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?