Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Having the ability to easily and quickly permit links from users would be a great help. Most of us use bots like Nightbot, Moobot, Streamlabs/Elemets to deal with links in chat we don't want and auto block them but with BTTV we were able to click on a user name and clikc !permit for that user.

My idea is that either add that feature to Mod View when we clikc a name or better yet, force Auto Mod to grab the links first and then allow mods to permit it if we so desire. This then give the user who…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I'm from the south and see a good amount of Dixie's still flying. Wouldn't do it myself, but I respect those who do and know they are good people. Believe it or not, the flag is a symbol of regional pride and heritage, and is in NO WAY the racist hate symbol that you and others inside the progressive orthodoxy see it as. Unilaterally painting it as such and ignoring the reality on the ground, what it actually means to the people living here, is just wrong. It's an inspirational symbol to fight for what you believe in, and all…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I currently share the Gospel message on twitch through gaming in Fortnite. I've been banned TWICE for "harrasment" If I have concent from the other party to talk about the Bible or my religion, why is it considered "harrassment". Also, how do you plan on addressing the persecution Christians face on your platform, for holding a belief that is contrary to the LGBTQ community.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In the moderator view, when clicking on a user as moderator, it will show how many times the user got banned on different channels. This will prevent trolling and will make the job easier for moderators.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. A lot of the time, users get banned for saying things that could be considered hateful or homophobic in Deere's chat, but it's hard to process an unban request because there is no real context around what was said.

It would be nice to be able to be able to click a message in someone's chat history and be able to expand the rest of the chat around the time the user said said message.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Can we possibly get a feature that Mods/Editors of a channel can use to hide certain extremely toxic comments from the Streamer?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I was watching project nightfall’s video on IG about women who get harassed while doing a livestream. It reminded me of how a number of times I watch such incidences and most of the time the streamers are left speechless and unsure of how to act. From the various incidents recorded, I noticed a couple of patterns which occurred and thought to take advantage of them:
    a) The culprits faces were visible for at least 10 seconds.
    b) There were people around using their devices. What are the odds they are subscribed to twitch or another social media platform?

Inspired…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. If Twitch won't filter (or ban) usernames containing personal information, perhaps streamers could blacklist names containing certain words/#s/etc.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. when some streamer reach the $100usd goal (for receive payment) , a "green label" for advice the payout for the next "payout day"

remember, not all streamers get payment all the time!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Knowing that many people when they are banned from a channel choose to create several accounts to continue trolling ... My idea is a banning system where the banned user is not aware of their current ban; in this way the user would continue talking only through the chat thinking that he is trolling and would make the life of the mod easier.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. For quite some time, I've been a mod of a channel that has been receiving harassment from people, they arrive with fake accounts (wich nicknames are obviously written to disturb the chat) and follow the channel for their name to be noticed, and it's no use to ban these accounts if they keep coming with new fresh-made fake/bot accounts.

If they are banned they can keep watching the stream and follow the channel which is kind of useless. A way to prevent these people to return needs to be worked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. These two panels could be rearrange depending on the moderators workflow and layout or even placed on the left bar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Filter the activity feed by action or actions. For example right now the broadcaster may have say follows turned on so they can thank them as they come in, but as a moderator perhaps they do not want to see recent follow. They would have to scroll through the feed to see the last action they cared about.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As title says, helps with mods that show up mid broadcast to see what has already been done.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently, when the Streamer starts "Watch Party mode", Moderator View does not update/adjust for the Watch Party view: WP content as source, Streamer Webcam on top of chat.

I'm unsure if Mod View was overlooked or if this is a bug. It really breaks the experience as an actively participating moderator. Please change Mod View to automatically adjust to "Watch Party" mode when the streamer starts a Watch Party.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hello. Last night we were streaming and someone send us 1000 bot at least. We don't want to have them follow us so what can we do? Thank you for your time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Often a user in chat will post an objectionable message which the streamer and moderators miss: there may be an offensive meaning which is objectionable but cleverly concealed and a violation of channel-specific rules, for example.

I suggest adding a "flag" icon that works very much like the existing Reply button on every chat message whereby people in chat can select another chat message and post a reply message into chat which will be visible to channel moderators, chat bots with moderator status, and the streamer, Only, and non-moderators cannot see the reply.

This way there would be a safer…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. This would allow moderators to know the active number of subscribers and sub points that the streamer currently has. This would be helpful for events like subathons or when streamers try to make a push for unlocking a new emote.

This information may be more than some streamers are willing to share with their mod team, so this would be something that the Streamer would be able to share if they wanted to. The Streamer would have a setting that would allow them to share this info with mods (default setting would be "No").

For Mods, this could be info…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Pepe the frog emoji needs to be removed, and all streamers promoting far right conspiracy theorys and inciting violence. There are multiple streamers who's content mostly consists of streaming the extreme Trump rally's and ramping up thousands of viewers. That being said pepe the frog is a symbol of white supremacists and your platform allows it to be a freaking emoji it makes me sick. If no actions are taken I will be moving forward with a mass petition on all social media forms. Informing everyone how twitch has been contributing to all this hate and anger and lies.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently, in the new unban request system, the denial note is shown to the user and cannot be private, add the ability to keep the single note private, or have two note sections.

Having a "template" for the public note as well would be nice, as I imagine some streamers will include a note for an external unban request form since this system is limited to 1 request at the time of writing this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?