Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The main page says "Welcome to Twitch's feedback and suggestions forum!"
    But then under "If you need help:" it says "This forum is for ideas only."
    Yet this is where you're send when you go to leave feedback on the support page.

If Feedback is being referred to as "ideas" that might be something to consider.

I wanted to give feedback about something, but now I don't know if it would be breaking the rules or not because of semantics.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have a slow mode for subscribers.

There is a possibility for partners to activate a setting in which all subs are immune to slow mode.

My idea is that there are two different slow modes, one for all users (the one that already exists) and one for subs. My idea is that both are controlled either by chat commands or from mod view.

This would be useful if you would like to give the Subscribers who are supporting you another benefit, also, as they're paying (or supporting with Prime) they probably are less likely to spam or disobey rules.

Thanks…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When I open a user's card from the chat, and can see that they've been banned or timed out, each occurrence has a timestamp on it. Make the instance clickable, and have it zoom to that time index in the message log, even if it was month's ago, so I can get context on what they were banned or timed out for.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I'm one of a few hundred people on Twitch who really doesn't want younger kids viewing my streams. The games I play may not be violent, but my language is salty. It is great we have a warning screen, "You know you have to be 18..blahblahblah" happening, but I want to ensure that those who have signed up for an account aren't clicking OK anyhow. I live a PG13 life, and I prefer to have my streams reflect that.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. After removing to "PLAYER" - right now you can remove it but would still have stream sound. Removing player should mean also removing the sound.

This bug/"feature" removes ability to put stream on full screen and have mod view open on another screen.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a set cooldown from following to unfollowing as it sucks when someone follows to only get noticed by the streamer and thanked to then immediatly unfollow. People do this often on my stream, they follow me, I say thanks and a few moments later then unfollow.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a search option in the team members area for twitch teams to be able to search for members than having to scroll through 1000's of people just to find one person

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. For those who don't know, inting is whenever someone intentionally gives kills, gold, and exp to the enemy and makes it so the enemy has a higher chance of winning, while the team where the inter is on has a lower chance. This is a huge problem in League of Legends specifically

After a clip of a pretty popular LoL streamer surfaced where he was inting and saying "Im going to make my team lose" (or something along those lines), the LoL community wants to have this guy and everyone who ints, popular or unknown, punished. I think a way…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I know Twitch CEO went over this at Twitch-con San Diego 2019 with some good pluses towards this better chance. I have no idea when that will be implemented into today's Twitch Moderation, but hopefully sooner rather than later.

But anyways, some things he did not mention was these ideas and should add-on or I would recommend a complete overhaul on the enforcement.

• We should be able to see in our own dashboards of previous infractions that are on the account and not removed due to being expired or mistakened suspensions. We, as live streamers, or even users (non-live…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Subs get different badges the longer they are subscribed. Why don't MODS get different colored swords or different swords entirely the longer they are a mod?? If someone is in a chat and sees a mod with a sword showing they have lots of experience that person may be less likely to do or say something dumb knowing an experienced mod is in chat. Also there aren't enough mods to cover all streams so this would be a nice little thing to do for the mods. I have 500 hours in as a mod, it would nice to be recognized…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make automod phrases to work only, when the channel is online or offline or both. (Add a checkbox next to the phrases)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I keep "show moderation actions" turned on (adds ban/timeout/delete buttons next to names in chat) in the two channels I moderate.

The other day I accidentally banned someone while on the chat emote menu, with a simple jiggled-mouse misclick. Turns out the tiny sliver of ban button visible on the left side of the emote/bit panels works just fine.
    I don't care whether I see it, I just don't think it should be usable. In my opinion, the only functional ban buttons should be ones with chat displayed next to them.
    I can't imagine any reason a person would reasonably…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The Video Quality in Session on the new dashboard displays as "offline" even with the Editor role

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Twitch have been 100% disgraceful and corrupt as of late, firstly they take 10 years to reply to a ticket urgent or not, they support cyber bulling and suspend people who stand up to trolls in streamers chat or game being played, they suspend you for 7 days and it lasts 14+ days which a joke...twitch really need to pull their heads out of their a$$es and this point.... twitch should be ashamed of themselves

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. To help with the new stuff coming with banning people it should have an optional feature to require an account to view a stream. And to go further to set the level of account i.e. required just an account, require an account with a verified email, require the account to be at least x hours/days old.
    That way those people we've banned cannot just sit there logged out stalking us.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Instead allow mods to ban for 24hours
    Only the broadcaster can permanently ban users

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. My issue is that mod settings appear before non-mod settings. I do not use the mod settings that often, and I have sometimes cleared chat by accident.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be nice in the new mod view to be able to search through the comments posted in chat by username. Best I could compare it to would be like cbenni, where you could type in someone's name and it would bring up their messages. This would be handy that rather than scrolling through chat, say for example if someone comments about someone else's message that they think is against the rules or starts a fight, you can quickly find it through a search.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ignoring users can be very useful to remove negativity from your chat experience. Right now, it is not possible in chats you moderate. Surely it is your task to see negative things and remove them, but sometimes there are people, who are not an issue for chat in general, but for you personally. It would be great to have a switch or command (e.g. /fullignore) to remove these users from your chatting experience once and for all. This could then also remove them from being listed as recommended stream and similar situations.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?