Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

625 results found

1. Allow Streamer to set who can download VODs (viewers, subs, mods) and add a button to download the VOD, also add the option to download the VOD's chat w/o it (it can be a .srt file so it can be used with any player).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. As a mod I get access to watch unpublished vods of the past streams that the creator I'm modding for has done. What I don't get is why the chat is not visible when watching these unpublished vods? If the chat were visible, it would make it so much easier for us mods to look back at certain points of the stream, and give reports to what has been happening in a vod without everyone else given access to it.

What I would love to see is:

• Full chat on unpublished VODs.
    • A time marking feature visible for mods and…
    8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sick idea for you Twitch. Could we get a "90 Day" selection when looking at clips. I would love to be able to see recent clips from the past few months instead of having to scroll through "All" of my clips from years back to find recent ones.

This would help creators find their recent content to use other places like in Discord, Twitter, or even making a video for a recruitment challenge a big team is having. Just a thought and I think a lot of creators including myself would love having this option to help them.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be nice if the webplayer would adapt to streams other than 16: 9 aspect ratio. As I stream in a 21: 9 aspect ratio, I have black stripes that look bad and are unnecessary

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I love playing back recent broadcasts from music streamers and want to "like" them so I know and they know that their broadcast was viewed and enjoyed. I'm already following them, but giving kudos for a recent broadcast would be really nice to have.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I am posting this to "Bugs", but it also fits into the "Accessibility" category.

There is a bug where every page of a given streamer's channel automatically autoplays mostly unrelated videos at what is usually maximum volume. Random channels will play behind/ above the UI on the page for selecting previous VODs. It will autoplay, even if I previously had the tab open and already muted and paused the video at the top. It will autoplay if I am scrolled all the way to the bottom of a streamer's archive, so that I have to scroll all the way back…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I think a full overhaul of the twitch clip system needs to happen. I should be able to skip to a certain page of my hundreds of clips instead of waiting an eternity to scroll down and have them load in. I also should be able to view all my clips on iOS and android, but desktop should be a priority. Channel editors should also be allowed to remove clips from a broadcasters channel, as it is a crucial moderation tool we lac. Currently the clip manager and system is slow, archaic, and inefficient.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'd like to know when my past streams are about to be deleted so that I can watch them with my friends one last time before they're gone forever. It's not fun when something good that you did that was recorded is just deleted forever like that.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Twitch, so far I'm loving the overall experience, and I think you guys do a tremendous job of listening to your community and incorporating said community feedback.

That said, there is one aspect of Twitch that bothers me right now.

I'm a gamer, and play a variety of games, namely first-person-shooters and open-world games. I like to organize all my game uploads into collections by game title. It would be nice if I could upload thumbnails featuring the game art for each collection.

Can we please get thumbnail support for collections, allowing us to add some personality to our collections?…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. So instead of showing clips to the user that captured it why not list all the clips of a particular stream under its VOD. List them in terms of their popularity and chronologically. So people can skip duplicates.

Maybe even add markers on the VOD player to depict where a lot of popular clips were captured. Kinda like the comment markers of soundcloud's player.

Also having an API to get the list of all the clips of a a particular VOD with its view numbers, offset relative to the VOD etc. would be great.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Now that the featured clips have gone live people are now going to random streams and spamming clips in random moments in vods. I was hoping that maybe there'd be a way to delete all clips from certain users on your channel. Like an option by their name when you click on the clip that says "delete all clips from this user." It would make things a lot easier than having to go through and select them all.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be amazing if you could broadcast directly from your phone using the twitch app into obs so you have your overlays alerts ect. While keeping out 3rd parties like Streamlabs from charging to keep your stream online instead you do that yourself ( I mean actually do it yourself ) using your preferred streaming software. While your connection might be intermittent the stream stays on and maybe has some type of overlay in the background while you're trying to reconnect. I myself really like doing IRL streaming though the only issue with having spotty coverage in some areas…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Opción de OCULTAR/PUBLICAR. El streamer debería poder decidir si un clip es publico o si lo quiere ocultar. Hay clips que uno no quiere que los demás lo vean pero no lo quiere borrar, esta opción ya existe pero sólo para los VODS Y DESTACADOS, seria genial que estuviera en los clips.

Imagen de ejemplo: https://prnt.sc/YPKx1D-qEjvd

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When I click on a clip, it opens, immediately starts playing, but starts muted. This really makes no sense; I always end up having to restart the clip after unmuting it to catch the start of the clip and it's annoying. I either want it to autoplay unmuted, or to not autoplay at all (but still not default to mute). Best solution would be to give users the options "what do you want to happen when you open a clip? Start muted? Y/N Autoplay? Y/N"

I would say "no/no" to those choices but currently the default is "yes/yes". Would be…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There needs to be a way to search or filter by game in a particular streamer's channel to find specific vods or clips instead of scrolling back years, and then having to either find and save all the links, or scroll again every time you get back to it, just to watch a particular game all the way through.

For example: I wanted to watch a streamer's Noita videos from a year or more ago. I had to scroll back through every stream vod he had done in that time to find it, and bookmark the second video for after…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Seems that the volume control no longer appears on offline streams.

Please readd it

Some people will wait for a streamer to go live, but have the volume "remembered" from a different streamer they watched last night and suddenly get blown out speakers

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When reviewing clips, the mature flag needs to persist so that content from streams that are configured as intended for Mature Audiences continue that flag appropriately into the Clip UI and APIs

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The ability to select multiple videos/highlights/VODS from the Video Producer and export them to YouTube all at once.

This will save time and makes things easier for users.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. everytime i export my past stream to youtube the quality goes down to 720p and I have my twitch stream at 1080p

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Doing daily reruns is a great way to grow. However, sending out notifications daily for reruns will make people turn off their notifications. Which is why this change is important.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 31 32
  • Don't see your idea?