VOD chat instances!
With larger international audiences, you're likely going to have some people relying on VODs due to time differences or work/life commitments.
I envision a VOD feature where you can see the VOD player and if you click a button you can see bubbles along the progress bar or a graphic which if you click on brings you to other users watching. I imagine you could have two columns or maybe an interspersed chat so that users can decide what they see.
The benefit is that people can enjoy watching VODs with others in sync. Sense of community.
Not sure if its a niche thing but hey, came to mind whilst watching a VOD.
So in Super Mario Maker 2, the player can play through a different user created course and leave behind “messages, artwork, and emotes” at different parts of the course.
I think that it could be a really cool feature if watching twitch vods had a feature where users could type in messages on specific time stamps of a stream to make their viewing experience more fun.
Basically you can still twitch chat while watching a vod, and that twitch chat will be separate from the original twitch chat and can still be read by the streamer or anyone else that comes in to watch the vod, just like Super Mario Maker 2.
- It gives people an incentive to watch the vids on twitch instead of YouTube
- streamers can get feedback and comments on their vods post stream and can also comment on those portions as well.
- in eSports situations, it might be cool to leave timestamp comments that a user can tap on and people can have conversations around that timestamp
- Malicious bots or people that don’t follow the rules could spam a vod with content that isn’t appropriate. Mods would have to check live and vod-streams for problematic viewers.
- While this does give a viewer the opportunity to contribute to a past stream, it is separate from the original and that might still be a disconnect.
- It might be annoying for streamers to get vod comment notifications.
- watching vods on twitch is fun, but there is a disconnect if you can’t react the same way as if it were live. Being able to react or leave a comment on a past vod at a certain point would give viewers the chance to interact with the vod in new ways they couldn’t before
A lot of people who miss the live stream and watch them in the archive would like to be able to comment on each specific video or highlight.
I would like the old feature of chatting during VOD's, and to distinguish between live chat and VOD chat should be a unique identifier within the logged LIVE chat. This is a way to have people who may be currently simultaneously watching the VOD and have a way to chat along with other VOD viewers. -Dave_The_Tech <3 JaboodyShow is the best community and show on Twitch!! <3 <3 <3
hello, how come we can't leave chat messages on a replay? I think we used to have that ability in the past. Was it removed? Please bring it back, thank you!
it's a feature where you can show people who is viewing a video. I know that there is users in chat that can show the viewers but that is inaccurate for me.