Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

628 results found

1. I am unsure if this is intentional, but when you highlight a VOD you now have to wait for each highlight to finish processing to add a description or change its title or game.

This has only been the case for about a month; before that you could add a description while a highlight was processing no problem.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When I travel, I expect that I'm not engaging my audience and that I'll lose viewers/subs/etc. The rerun functionality right now is a way to give viewers a reason to hang out while watching content - but it's too hard to do. Someone has to manually manage each days list of videos, manually start it, manually start it, and frequently communicate in chat that it's not in fact a live stream.

Here's how I believe it'd be solved and would increase streamer quality of life:

1) Allow the scheduled start and stop of Re-Run playlists.

2) When scheduling the stop,…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. After viewing a clip, the next suggested clip will be the most viewed clip in that category. In the Art category, this usually means being suggested a pretty spicy thumbnail whether or not you have watched a clip from a spicy channel. With the latest TOS update this suggested clips feature has further made sharing clips from the Twitch link inaccessible to more "family friendly" art streams.

I was wondering if Twitch could utilize stream tags to divert suggested clip content to each side of the art category- this way the clip fits the audience better. Example: if a stream has a…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As a viewer, it was always great to see when a clip I had made got featured by the creator or one of their mods who had access to do that. With the newest update, you can now ONLY see what clips are featured if you have the ability to feature them as a moderator/editor/creator as far as I can see. It was very useful to see what types of clips different creators were looking for when one was featured vs another one not featured and that ability has now been removed, or relocated into a hard to find location.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Let me provide better feedback. Imagine you are being targeted by the owner of the clip because a falling out happened. They can now feature it and track someone's account. They will always be tied to it because the clip can only be deleted/edited by someone with the editing priv.

PLEASE ALLOW THE ABILITY TO REMOVE YOUR NAME AS THE ONE THAT CLIPPED IT. ALLOW IT TO THEN DEFAULT TO THE CHANNEL OWNER, MODERATOR, AND/OR CLIP EDITOR.

I no longer wish to be associated with a team of streamers because they have spread misinformation about me, committed libel/slander against me,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I think it would be more intuitive if the "Filter by" setting defaulted to "All" instead of "Recommended." For the purposes of moderating clipped content this would remove the hassle of always having to switch that drop-down to see all clips, and I believe it would help to avoid situations where users mistakenly think their clips are not being saved if they don't title/publish the clip.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. There's a major issue with how people interact with the clipping system. Clips are meant to be used to share moments of interest with others. That's not how it's being used a majority of the time. A majority of the time it's being used as a rewind button.

This is bad because:
    - it creates more work for streamers to find clips to feature
    - it costs twitch a lot to store that data

This is due to the lack of rewind feature and a common misconception that clips are not public until you name and publish them.

2 proposed…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I use the Highlighter to trim my VODs. Highlights are then added to themed Collections on Twitch, and are also exported to YouTube. Today is 1st October, and within the last week I have noticed a frustrating inconsistency between the Highlight video playback on Twitch and the version exported to YouTube. Highlights I’ve created before 19th September are not affected.

In summary.
    A Highlight video is made with single or multiple segments based on the VOD timecodes. The authored Highlight video in the Twitch video player does not play the segments at the timecodes set in the editor, instead each…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please add a Like and Dislike Button for Clips in Discovery Feed so that we see more clips we would like

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I am enjoying the new Featured Clips stuff. I am wondering why we cannot feature clips from "Clips I've Created", we can only feature them from "Clips of my Channel". You would think these clips would overlap, but they do not. It is just odd that the "Clips I've Created" (usually while I am LIVE), are not also listed in the "Clips of my Channel". If I go to a VOD and make it again, it does show up there. I hope I am making sense.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It has happened to me more often now that viewers create clips that end up in the wrong category.

However, since clips cannot be edited later or moved to the correct category, I usually delete them.

I wish there was an easy way to edit the category of the clips as the channel owner.

So that the clips don't chill in Just chatting or in the other wrong category.

You can't even change the name of the clip.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. As it stands today, the only way for anyone to actively see clips from a content creator on this site is either via the small section featured on the home page if you scroll down enough or by looking at the specific streamers profile. With how many clips, highlights and VODs exist on this platform, there should be a way for viewers to easily browse/consume that content without having to discover that creator while they're live.

Although this is a broad request, essentially what I'm asking for is:

• Landing page for highlights / VODs, with a way to search for…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There seems to be a very noticeable audio glitch at the end of Highlight Segments. The audio cuts off for a very quick moment. All of my Highlights have this issue. This issue occurs even for each Segment when there are multiple Segments in a Highlight. Please fix, thank you.

Here is an example video on Twitch and YouTube. The glitch is at the 0:36 mark:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1696249008
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1696249008?t=00h00m36s

https://youtu.be/ny6RktzflWQ
    https://youtu.be/ny6RktzflWQ?t=36

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I cannot find where to start a rerun now that the new changes have been implemented. The dashboard spot got removed and it's not in the list anymore to re-add it to the dashboard. The only trace of reruns I can find is the new check box in the stream info manager.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow streamer to mute VOD sections and re-publish to be sure the mute is in the correct places (the auto-muting is quite often off the mark).

Giving the option to mute the section in the vod while live would be awesome as well. For example, when playing a game that has copyrighted music in it we could easily start the muted section just for the VOD without muting in the live stream. This would be particularly helpful for playing games that have copyright music in the soundtrack which is safe to live stream but not to have stored in the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Problem: When you are watching the VOD and your internet gets disconnected (error #2000) the VOD player gives you a button "Click here to reload the player"
    (note: the player has to finish playing the buffered content before throwing the error)

Expected result: after establishing internet connection user is pressing the button and continues watching the VOD in the same spot (or at least close to) where he lost connection
    Actual result: after establishing internet connection user is pressing the button and VOD starts playing from the beginning.

This gets extremely annoying when you watch 10 hour VODs and have…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When ever I have paused a stream, and left the tab open. It has every single time been irritating when i am raided into a new channel. Sometimes i am on mobile and use up all my mobile data without knowing, sometimes I pause a stream and leave the PC before i go to bed, and then wake up because i've been raided into some stream. Or im inside a game and i don't know where the sound is coming from and have to go through my 20-30 some tabs in the middle of a game.

When I have paused…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I noticed that the clips are deleted by the system due to the presence of copyrighted music. In the recording of the broadcast, these places have a mute. It would be nice to turn off the sound in them instead of deleting clips.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be helpful for channels especially NON-Affiliates who want to rebroadcast either their past broadcast stream to bring in more people to the channel or even rebroadcast highlighted content. It would expand the viewership of people because sometimes you can have a rerun playing for a different time-zone than when you stream. so if you would allow NON-Affiliated channels to be allowed the rerun feature again

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be nice if there was a way to customize what your stream will be called when you download the MP4 file, like a default format, for instance:

[STREAM NAME]_[DATE] as an option

You could also allow users to customize the date format to their liking. Me, personally, I like just doing 'MM-DD' because I can group them all by year later.

It would save me a lot of time because with the way it is currently, the stream videos are by default named the random series of numbers and letters that designate the video's URL, so I have…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 31 32
  • Don't see your idea?