Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

628 results found

1. In order to see non-featured clips you now have to scroll through ALL of the featured clips in the channel/category, might not be too bad for some channels, but try to do that top of all time in a popular game category, it's gonna be a looot of scrolling

The toggle is still there in the mobile app though, so looks like someone just forgot to add it to the website, hopefully should be an easy and quick fix...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Featured clips used to have a slider to show/hide featured clips in category view. This switch has been removed. Bring it back.

"Why should you bring it back?" I hear you ask. "People love featured clips".

Well, it's because you've created a scenario where there is a HUGE incentive to only EVER create featured clips, because these will ALWAYS show above any non-featured clip, created in the timeframe you're viewing, which means that (when people figure this out) that ALL clips created (by people wishing to promote their channels) will tend to be created as "featured" clips. When everything is…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The recent change to limit the editing and deletion of featured clips to only the channel owner may not be the best solution. It would be better to provide an option for the OP to request for deletion as well.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. コレクションにまとめた動画の順番を変更する方法が、今のところ手作業しかできない。動画の数が多くなってくると非常に大変な作業です。
    手作業でやらなくても自動で並び順が変えられるようにして欲しいです。
    「古い順」「新しい順」「名前順」など。
    よろしくお願いします。

The only way to change the order of the videos in a collection is currently by hand. This is a very difficult task when the number of videos becomes large.
    I would like it to be possible to change the order automatically without having to do it manually.
    For example, "oldest first", "newest first", "by name", etc.
    Thank you in advance.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I love to make clips, it's one of my favorite ways to interact with the community. I think I'm well over 1000 clips created at this point, mostly from one streamer's channel. Trying to find anything is a nightmare. The best way I've found to search is to sort by date and scroll until I think I'm in the range of the clip I want, press ctrl+F, and type in a word I think is in the title. Then, because I can't read more than one or two words from the title column, I have to guess which one on…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hey I was hoping we could get some more flexibility with the clip editor; especially having an adjustable cam frame that could be circular or vertical like the one combo has.

If the built in clip editor could be a little more flexible like combo or similar websites that'd help a lot in making it more usable for creators!

Examples:
    -vertical cam frame up top, game on bottom
    -Circle cut-out of cam frame up top, game on bottom
    -Blurred background option (like the one on combo)
    -Simple editor to cut length of clip
    -add hashtags
    -direct upload to tiktok as…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Error Uploading: Video could not successfully be created. I normally record my gameplay and post them as collection's but the past few days I been trying to upload my prerecorded vod's it will upload but right when in need to process it come up as this error. Error Uploading: Video could not successfully be created is there something that I need to do.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Uploads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Edit clips for vertical video formats and share to social media tiktok and reels (facebook and instagram)

I noticed that this feature was included but only for youtube Shorts, but this integration for tiktok and reels from Facebook/instagram would be great

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The new vertical clip editor needs more features. Some examples would be, different shapes for the camera box and being able to maneuver the placement of the items in the clip. Everything currently looks too big while the gameplay itself is too small.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I've been using extensions for this, but it really should be an option on the site. Give us the option to have a stream go to theatre mode automatically instead of having to select it every single time. Honestly, that should've been an option ages ago.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Auto-generated subtitles for every stream a-la Youtube auto-generated ones

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It seems a lot creators play more than one Game per Stream. But it's just possible to tag the VOD in 1 categorie, even maybe streamed in 2 or 3. And even if they change the category while streaming, the VOD will have just 1 category.
    So if users search in the 2., they will not see the VOD even the creator streamed that game too.

That's bad for the creators who miss potential new followers and bad for the viewers who maybe miss a good stream.

If I search for VODs in a category, I wanna see all fitting…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hi!! when making clips on twitch, there's always seem to be this issue where the player will not load the slider bar for editing correctly, which entails refreshing the page over and over again till it finally gives the ability to edit and publish a clip. there's been instances where its taken 4 mins and 10+ refreshes to finally do one clip and so it kind of hinders clip gathering due to the frustration while also making way for excess duplicate clipping

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. After making VODs it's difficult to find one from a specific date. We need a sort option for date streamed, date archived, ect.
    Clips have this option but not videos.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I hate using Twitch because EVERY TIME I load the page, a video starts playing somewhere in the background, muted. I don't know if you're aware, but many users don't have unlimited internet bandwidth, so having a video start playing when I can't even hear it is just wasting my data. PLEASE stop doing this. I would love it if there was an option to disable autoplay entirely, but if that's not in the cards, then at least stop muting the audio! If I go to watch a VOD, I want it HEAR it in addition to seeing it. Forcing…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please add functionality to mark clips safe from global delete, and make it persist across sessions. Using the select all box and unchecking individual boxes puts clips in danger first, and if you accidentally leave the page all selections are reset.

I would love to be able to check my clips weekly, select the ones I want to mark safe, then use the delete all button for any I don't want to keep.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow us to download specific chapters from a VOD, since sometimes we want specific parts out of a 6 hour stream, this can make the download take way longer, same goes for the file size

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I can't export highlight to youtube pls Fix it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. everytime i edit my videos on highlights and post it, some of the video clips is missing and just jump to the end. Please fix this thank you twitch developers

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. My original tweet idea with a diagram: https://twitter.com/Shonen_Ronin/status/1484374423985549313

I have a new idea for clips.

A folder system for clips. Vods dont stay up long so this wouldnt work for it permanently, but on a temporary note, it would work.

It would make it so much easier for me to know what clips i edit and trimmed or re-titled for upload. So i could make folders for games. Make a new clip, title it, and drag it into said folder. Then i can have said folder titled "Clips to upload" or "Clips not to upload" for example. Now when i…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?