Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

628 results found

1. Please show view count for Clips in Discovery Feed

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When watching a VOD, every couple of minutes a batch of ads plays. That's fine. However I often have the VOD running in an inactive window while doing other stuff. After the ads, the VOD doesn't continue playing unless I click the window. However, even if it just finished a batch of ads, the same ads will run again before the VOD starts back up. God forbid I click away from the window because it will do the same thing again without ever starting the VOD. To be honest this feels scammy towards the advertisers who pay you to play…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Found a bug where clip creation button isn't visible unless video is opened in popout player; furthermore, in popout player, the clip button is there but neither it nor the keyboard shortcut work

https://www.loom.com/share/79245a7bb1e04c989c86cd6bf541f25d?sid=cae27017-1baf-47b7-b5fa-a7a80985bf5d

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

4. I have 6 or more chatters interacting with my ChatBot, ie. Streamlabs Games and Such, and my Viewer Count shows 1 or 2 Viewers.. The Interaction lasts sometimes for over an hour and encompasses several ads.. As an Affiliate i am counting on these views for revenue. This is effecting my pocket book and not acceptable.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When the broadcaster is reviewing a past broadcast in the Highlighter it would be helpful to be able to create clips from that screen as well.

Currently you need to Watch the past broadcast (Or publish it, then watch), move to the desired timestamp and then create your clip.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This isn't the place for this but there is no place for it so it must spill over. This in and of itself is concerning.

You're automated systems have been notifying me about deleting "vods" and changing my account settings. I use my channel to store security footage and run radio station. Security footage that is required for police investigations is sometimes uploaded to YouTube. So if anything you have deleted content that is was being used in a police investigation. I just wanted to let you know, I'm not super concerned with it, I believe the incident in question…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I like to have my on-screen character against the bottom of my stream. I'd like to include it in the small-box portion of the clip editor's new vertical edit mode. Unfortunately, the positioning of the channel name means it covers up a portion of my character's face. Please let me position the channel name to be just slightly lower!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hi,

Your support said me that "From September 1, there will be a small change in the VOD retention periods. VODs will remain saved for 60 days for most partners as well as Prime and Turbo users. For affiliates and other streamers, VODs will remain saved for 7 days before being deleted."

Why are you doing this ? To be affiliated takes time, a lot of time. You have to keep your spirits up and fight.

There is nothing worse than having a page without vod when you come across a streamer. It's empty, it doesn't make you want to.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please make it possible to create a clip within the Highlighter. It's much easiert to check for markers and create a clip from there. I use a CLIP Marker to notify me after the stream if something is worthy to clip. Would be much easier in the Highlighter.
    Otherwise I would need to open the stream and skip to the timestamp manually. Way more steps than in the Highligher.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The clip editor has helped save some time, mostly with formatting, but I feel that it lacks some crucial factors. like some, I add custom graphics to the clips, one being a animated pop up of my channel name that I had created in after effects, its simple and that's all I add, with the occasional subtitle.

currently as it stands, the formatting and instant upload to YouTube are the pros, but not being able to go further is what is currently holding this feature back from being even more useful

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. click stream to pause, as it always has been everywhere.
    one click = pause/play
    two click = fullscreen

its incredible that i can click on screen of stream and it doesnt pause. who undoes one of the most basic functions of videos that has been a standard for around 15 years or more
    let me klick the screen to pause ffs

also auto mute ads obviously

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A suggestion of an idea that it would be good if you implemented it, in the clips panel there should be an option to be able to make more personalized searches of the clips, to be able to filter the clips by year, month, day and also the possibility of searching for a clip by name

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently the format for URLs of clips are as following:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/WordWordWordWordWord-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This doesn't show which channel the clip is on, and it causes issues when you want to filter URLs on your stream.

I want to filter URLs, except URLs to my content. That is currently not possible for Twitch-clips.

I suggest a new format of the following:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/Username/...

This way I could allow all links that are "twitch.tv/ponponthebonbon" and reject all other links.

And if this change would be applied, I would also not mind it if the five words were removed. They make links long and unwieldy…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The volume control when using Chrome for the twitch web application has a bug with what % volume you can select. Super minor, but specific numbers can not be selected. 8% 25% 42% 58% 75%, small bug fix for someone

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Only other time I had trouble processing a highlight was when it had multiple segments across hours of a VOD; it was painful but I accepted it as a possible limitation. Unfortunately, now, even when I'm trying to highlight a 13-minute segment that has no cuts whatsoever, I get this "error processing" message. I've tried doing this multiple times - reopening the VOD to edit/highlight, restarting the PC, relogging in, same error message. I saw it was an option to have editors create highlights for me but for some reason I can't give anyone this role. My mods told me…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Im someone that rly loves if people do clips on stream, but often it happens that people dont give a name to the clip what makes them hard useless if they are all called like the stream they got created in.

I would like to have the possibility to rename clips created by the viewers if they dont give a proper name to it

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be such a help if some "quality of life" changes could be done to the clip manager in creator dashboard>content>clips.
    Some changes that I would love would be a more detailed searching system for clips: including a search bar for a clip's title, and more filters such as category ALONG with channel instead of them being separate.

There's also some bugs(?) which could be fixed, such as the "sort by views" not always working 100% correctly (clips in incorrect order), the "enter a category/channel" sometimes making the whole clips section of the page go blank after entering a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Option To start Export all highlights to YouTube instead of having to go to each individual highlight

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When making clips of streamers, could you add the chat to the clip as well? Feel like watching clips with chat running on the side adds a lot. Overlapping chat to the video might help.

Also when watching streamers live, any way to add an option to overlap chat over the stream or have it the way it is now? I like to watch on theatre mode, and chat takes up a lot of real estate on my screen. Some streamers have chat in OBS so i get rid of chat.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We need A A.I that doesnt drop frames or even run on your system. that can actually make good non Copyright music Reels and Clips like ATHENASCOPE did. I know FPS streamers have to agree if you use to use them. If ther is something out there im missing please jimreynoldssr DM me or lmk... i honestly dont know if thats not allowed if its not i apologize in advance. but please leave my feedback

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?