Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The ability to have closed captioned and subtitled videos. Twitch wouldn't need to have a closed captioning system, just the option to upload a CC file (i.e SubRip, SubViewer, RealText, etc) and preferably to be able to maintain the more advanced files' caption positioning.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I love the new addition of the top clips of the day/week/month/all time but I would love even more if I was able to select to show clips only from random date and time to random date and time as maybe back then some interesting streams or my favorite streamers were live etc. etc. Would make it even greater experience atleast for me if that's possible.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. My video has been stuck processing for hours. I've tried multiple times to upload in Safari and Chrome and it always gets stuck processing. The video is a 1 hour stream in .flv format from OBS and is 1.8 gb. Please help

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hey, I watch alot of past broadcasts and I don't quite understand why we're all being forced to use this option. It might be good with short videos like on other platforms, but on here it's more painfull than useful.

Me and probably many other people watch them while going to sleep. So If you wake up and there are random streams marked (auto play plays random pb's for me), it's hard to remember what you actually watched.
    I also noticed that it doesn't always shows what's going to be played next https://gyazo.com/838517e196f50c6d757a3f6d9b1a9a3d .

I really hope you implement this…

265 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. It is great that now we can edit clips right after creating them, but could you please just add the button "Edit" that would remain for the following 24 hours on the clip page? Sometimes I want to edit clips made in API, sometimes I just close the page where editing is still possible but then rewatch it on the next day and want to trim it just a bit (really inconvenient to go to the main video and make a new clip).

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Would there be a way to optimize the upload of videos from your end? It seems like both the Upload and Processing times of the new service seems greatly reduced. Also, not having a loading bar for the processing to take place is slightly irritating as someone who wants to use this feature.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. As the streamer, to opt out of displaying clips of your channel publicly, or setting a limit on history.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please add in RSS Feeds for easy syndication into blogs, twitter and other platforms.

Create RSS Feeds for each of the following sections for channels:
    Past Broadcasts
    Highlight VODS
    Clips from your Channel
    Channel Feed Posts

Another one that maybe very useful is the last 10 or 20 chat messages from your channel or vod playbacks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. some people dont have laptops or other pc. and sometimes people want to stream on the chromebook because they cant get to their other pc so at least try to make it work

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. On clips, the list gets long with content we enjoy from our channel to others. It would be really nice to delete the ones that mean nothing anymore. It would help us keep it clean and organized.

Talking about organizaion, adding categories that you can named yourself would be amazing. Whether you want to keep a collection of your own or another specifc streamer. This would be a good way to bring all the videos that you want to keep together.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Allan Hui responded

Thanks for the feedback. We’re definitely looking into ways for users to better manage the collection of clips. The categories is an interesting idea. Would be curious to see how people vote on this.

11. A feature that could be able to attach specific clips that are either originally clipped or edited all together. This feature would be great to express content on a larger level then just one video at a time. It would save a lot scrolling for more content for the viewer/follower. Also, with this, you could input a "starred" feature that brings a specific video or videos to the top of your feed. This will allow this best content to be seen instead of tucked away when more content is added.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. For now, the video section of a channel only highlight the latest ones or show them all depending on some filters.

What about having a search engine? In my case, I'm syncing over 1700 videos from a Youtube channel et on the frontend or backend of the channel there's no way to search for a specific video to, for example, modify things, check stats, etc.

Thanks for your attention

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hello maybe faster processing of videos after the upload...
    Maybe it is an bug...I dont know but I think it is really slow processing

greetings!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I think as with all video uploading sites, Twitch could benefit from likes, dislikes or maybe the old five star rating system. Something to help see what people like and don't like.

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. To put it simple: I'd like to stream my 1080p60 gameplay in better quality.

My guess is that everyone would like to do it.

For example: YouTube Gaming's recommended bitrate ranges from 4,500 to 9,000 kbps for 1080p60. Here we can use up to 3,100 without having fear that the stream will stutter a lot for the viewers.

Would be awesome if we could get it here as well. Along with Quality options.

As a NON-partner.

Give us a chance to grow our channels with quality from the beginning.

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. atm the description in the description-box is cut in the half of the length of the box. The text should dynamically fill the description box in the length.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I often miss a good opportunity to save a clip due to being too in the moment of a stream. But someone else will often save it and post it which is great! I'd love to be able to add there clip to my clips list.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I was writing the description and noticed I was unable to use HTML5 to H ref a website. please allow this. thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. In the settings, an option to play a video at double the original speed and half the original speed would be very useful.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Either an animated GIF, PNG or MP4 that can loop on repeat, or on play button, while channel is offline

An old feature that may or may not exist in a similar capacity is rebroadcasting on repeat from the existing video library (not 100% sure if that still exists)

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?