Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sometimes we need to edit our videos before publishing it such as cut or add some scenes. But right now our only option is to upload after edited. An editor such as the one that YouTube uses will be great. We will be able to add background music, CC, subtitles, transition and things like that. And also community contribution of CC and subtitles too.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Right now Twitch's interface makes uploaded videos almost invisible. In order to find uploaded videos, you either have to find them at the bottom of the search results or, when in a specific game, you need to go to a separate "uploaded" videos tab.

While I do not want to suggest specifically stealing from Youtube, I think an interface redesign needs to be considered to make uploaded videos more visible. I think that the focus should be on what's live, but that there should still be quite a bit of visibility added to the uploaded videos in both search results…

192 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Allan Hui responded

Agreed, we’re working to make discovery of uploaded videos much easier.

3. As it stands, they're simply listed from top to bottom from the latest clip to the first. I don't know how many clips other users have taken, but I am pretty sure I am in the hundreds. It would be nice if we could sort the clips we've taken in ways like most views, the channel it was clipped from, when it was clipped. Maybe even show the clips in a grid like viewing other videos on the site.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Allan Hui responded

Thanks, we’re re-evaluating how my-clips is done and see how we can improve on it.

4. Right now, the only ways of notifying your followers of an upload are through e-mail and channel feed. Not everyone wants to spam their followers e-mails (potentially causing them to drift away) and not everybody uses channel feed. There should be a proper dashboard that displays all the videos that have been recently uploaded from the broadcasters you follow, and only uploads. Currently, if you go to a channels videos, you have to specifically filter for "uploads," otherwise they're lost in the sea of 100's of VOD's and highlights. In this dashboard, there should also be discovery mechanisms. IE: Popular…

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. With Uploads, streamers can keep their VOD archive forever. It is finally possible to see a record of every game an individual streamer has played in their career by reviewing their Uploads page. It would be cool to add a "Games Browser" for each channel that mirrors the existing site-wide Games Browser. You would get a searchable view of all of the games represented in a channel's Uploads sorted by total # Views for each game. Streamers could use this to link to archives for specific games they've played on Twitch the way we can currently link to specific games…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It'd be great to be able to add content to a queue that I can then watch later, in the order it was added, at my convenience.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Catherine Hsiao responded

Great idea, we definitely want to work on making the viewing experience better. How often would you say you add things to watch later, and when do you usually return to watch things that you have saved?

7. Would be gread if we could pull more than one file to the upload field and then all the videos will be sequential uploaded.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback, we understand bulk upload needs and are looking into requirements. How many videos do you think you will upload at a time, and how often will you upload multiple videos?

8. Twitch partners streams are currently monetized so I feel uploads should be monetized as well in some, ideally through ads and Twitch Prime.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! This is something we have been looking into but it will take some time, please be patient!

9. It would be nice for those people choosing to migrate exclusively to Twitch Uploads if they could import their videos from services like YouTube without having to reupload all of them or "start over" from scratch, especially for those with several hundred videos to bring over.

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Users often request that a streamer raise or lower his music volume. If there was a separate volume control for the music-volume built into the viewing interface, then viewers could raise or lower the music and stream volume separately to suit their individual tastes.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Similar to how Dota 2 interface for watching live games, it would be helpful for users to be able to rewind couple of seconds during a live session of a stream to rewatch something they might have missed without having to wait for a vod.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hello.

My Suggestion is that there should be Subfolder in our Highlights. Why? So I have a lot of Highlights from many different games and to find some Highlights is pretty annoying because of scrolling, so a perfect solution for that would be if we have Subfolders per game for every Highlight.

So User can click on the "Hearthstone Folder" is they search for a good Hearthstone Match, or they click on the "Fifa Folder" for Best Goals and so on...

I think that would make the Highlight Section more comfortable for everyone :)

Thank you.

139 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I think it would be cool if Twitch made it so streams can have music on a separate audio stream and viewers can choose if they want to hear both streamer and music or just the streamer. The music part can be made to all for song requests or interfaced with outside music sources like iTunes or Windows Media Player

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I often watch two or more streamers who host shows together on twitch. This means they will be talking on teamspeak and broadcasting this teamspeak conversation on each stream. This means you will have to mute one of both streamers if you want to watch both of em at the same time. If streamers could stream multiple audio channels, they could stream the teamspeak conversation on one track and their normal microphone/stream sounds on other tracks. Users could mute the teamspeak channel if they want to watch both streamers, and still hear whats going on if one streamer mutes himself…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Twitch used to allow you to password protect your stream, but this feature was removed some time ago and I never understood why.

There should be a way to allow only people I approve of to see my stream. Sometimes I want to share a game with my friends and only them. Yes, "not playing" exists, but that will still send live notifications and won't prevent unapproved people from watching.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Oftentimes, the default thumbnail will not accurately reflect the highlight in question. It would be nice to have multiple thumbnails to choose from (similar to what Youtube allows) before publishing the highlight.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Highlights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 17 18 19 21 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?