Video Features

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Limited Permanent Uploads For Twitch Prime/Turbo Users

This is something that would not only benefit Prime/Turbo streamers, but would also benefit Twitch/Amazon in the process. Offer something like 10 videos that stay permanently on your videos tab for your uploads or even your past broadcasts (although I think the uploads would be a better feature to stick with), but make this feature only available for Twitch Prime or Turbo users. This could be an exclusive special for those who already pay Twitch for the little bit that's already offered AND a way to gain new revenue for a more enticing feature to Twitch.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Panels for Video page

On the "live" streaming channel page, we can add panels with information such as about page, merchanise links, patreon info etc. Would be great to have an ability to have this same feature on a video upload page, with either the same panels as the live stream, or a separate set.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Whatever happened to autoplay? Wasn't that something before? If brought back could it swap between autoplay and autohost automatically?

I don't know if autoplay is still around but I thought it would be great to alternate between showing your greatest clips and such and hosting your friends without you having to intervene manually.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add a "Sort by" filter allowing people to better browse through game directories

The game directories on Twitch right now are a bit of a mess. It's hard to filter through all the uploads and streams to really find out what's popular and what's been uploaded/streamed recently, as there isn't really any way to filter the results, aside from language and video type.

Twitch should add a "Sort by" filter option, allowing people to sort videos by common filters such as "Most Recent", "Most popular in last day", "Most popular in last week", etc. This way people can better tell what's been popular lately, as well as see all the newest content regardless…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide different ways to view all the clips you've taken

As it stands, they're simply listed from top to bottom from the latest clip to the first. I don't know how many clips other users have taken, but I am pretty sure I am in the hundreds. It would be nice if we could sort the clips we've taken in ways like most views, the channel it was clipped from, when it was clipped. Maybe even show the clips in a grid like viewing other videos on the site.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Allan Hui responded

Thanks, we’re re-evaluating how my-clips is done and see how we can improve on it.

6. Cleaner Thumbnails

Every thumbnail is covered with the game being played, the number of views, and the video length. This makes making custom thubnails difficult, since the only place to put words on the thubnail is the bottom left corner and the middle. The thumbnails could be cleaner if these only showed up when mousing over the thumbnail.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. We will monitor this further and look at the data to see if viewers are more or less inclined to watch with the stats there.

7. you should do all the things youtube does except the bad things like encouraging trolls with the hero program.

youtube does a lot of shady things that creators dont agree with for so many reasons. i would say do all the good things that youtube does and none of the things that allow people to troll on creators and streamers. i would love to any site other then youtube and frankly twitch is the only hope here.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Some Wishes with clear Description

Playlist - You should be able to have Playlists on your Channel, where you can set a specific Thumbnail vor this Playlist and use Keywords to automaticly add Videos to this Playlist. You should be able to give the Playlist rules like "Latest Video at top" etc.

Other Formats -
    MOV
    MPEG4
    AVI
    WMV
    MPEGPS
    FLV
    3GPP
    WebM
    MKV (Matroska) is most important for me

Comment section - A Section under the Videos, where Users can Comment something. You should be able to even there let Moderators delete Comments. Should be the same Moderators like you have in your Livestreams.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. A few useful features

The ability to make Playlists, so we can organize different series/Games.
    Annotations so we can link to our twitter or facebook, or in an outro we could link to a previous video.
    A way for smaller channels to get discovered, like under 100 followers or under 50 followers catagories.
    A hub showing all uploads from everyone you follow, starting from the latest upload.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. A Proper Dashboard

Right now, the only ways of notifying your followers of an upload are through e-mail and channel feed. Not everyone wants to spam their followers e-mails (potentially causing them to drift away) and not everybody uses channel feed. There should be a proper dashboard that displays all the videos that have been recently uploaded from the broadcasters you follow, and only uploads. Currently, if you go to a channels videos, you have to specifically filter for "uploads," otherwise they're lost in the sea of 100's of VOD's and highlights. In this dashboard, there should also be discovery mechanisms. IE: Popular…

53 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Crowdsourced Timestamping

The majority of YouTube's content is fairly short, in the <1 hour range. By contrast, Twitch's content is largely uncurated and long-form, running >3 hours. It would be immensely helpful to have an official Timestamp system for each video where you can mark points of interest in uploaded videos. Viewers could review the full list of timestamps and click them to jump to the relevant points of the video. This would be difficult for streamers to maintain alone, so opening it up to viewers (specifically Channel Editors) to timestamp videos would be very helpful.

Let's Players could use this to…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Channel-Specific Games Browser

With Uploads, streamers can keep their VOD archive forever. It is finally possible to see a record of every game an individual streamer has played in their career by reviewing their Uploads page. It would be cool to add a "Games Browser" for each channel that mirrors the existing site-wide Games Browser. You would get a searchable view of all of the games represented in a channel's Uploads sorted by total # Views for each game. Streamers could use this to link to archives for specific games they've played on Twitch the way we can currently link to specific games…

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. "Recording Date" Field

Especially with the Upload system just now launching, many streamers are uploading very old VODs. The Upload Date isn't really indicative of the quality to expect from that same streamer's channel today. Having an official field to specify the "Recording Date" (date the video was actually recorded) and later allowing Twitch users to sort by Recording Date would be helpful to see when videos were actually recorded. The Recording Date can default to the Upload Date if unspecified by the streamer.

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good idea. Yes, we’ve heard from video creators who are interested in moving their entire collections to Twitch. So a field like this would definitely be valuable.

14. Set as Official Series (Mirrored YT Functionality)

This is a related suggestion to the playlists feature request but covers slightly different functionality. On YouTube, you can set a group of videos as an "official series" which changes the AutoPlay, recommended videos and search algorithm for videos in that series. Each individual video can only be part of one "official series".

Setting a group of videos as an official series should cause the entire series to appear as a single item in the list of videos for that game, with a unified views count across all videos in the series. The same should go for individual channels' video…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sorting options/ability to set recommended sorts

Right now Uploads are sorted along with other videos by # Views only. Over time this will cause older videos to naturally rise to the top and will make it very difficult for new uploads to compete. Having additional sorting options will help mitigate this issue in the Games Browser. It would be helpful if individual channels could specify a recommended default sort for their own uploads (If for example, I'd rather my viewers see my VODs in order of their upload date instead of # views).

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Upload to Youtube problems

This is made to be feedback, but I did not see that listed in the drop-down menu. This is probably because it is open beta, but every time I have exported an uploaded video from Twitch to Youtube, it has automatically failed. If I need to give more details, please tell me. This does not happen with videos streamed to Youtube; rather, the success rate exists.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Exports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Watch Later Queue

It'd be great to be able to add content to a queue that I can then watch later, in the order it was added, at my convenience.

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Catherine Hsiao responded

Great idea, we definitely want to work on making the viewing experience better. How often would you say you add things to watch later, and when do you usually return to watch things that you have saved?

18. Upload Multiple Videos sequential

Would be gread if we could pull more than one file to the upload field and then all the videos will be sequential uploaded.

35 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback, we understand bulk upload needs and are looking into requirements. How many videos do you think you will upload at a time, and how often will you upload multiple videos?

19. Don't allow us to just click out of the edit video window.

When you're editing the thumbnail, description, etc. you can accidentally exit the window when you click anywhere outside of it. Then you lose all of the work you just did. Either autosave the info that's been entered, or don't make it so easy to accidentally exit.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback, we understand the problem and are looking into it!

20. 8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base