Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We need to be able to change the game in the making of clips and of already made ones. Right now there is no way to change choice of game when making a clip. When making one it takes one game from the main video. So for me and all of the other streamers who play multiple games during one stream, it therefore will show the wrong game in the clips we make from our videos. It deceive our viewers, as well as severely decrease our chance of new people finding our clips.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Whenever someone wants to watch VODs they can't enjoy the duel screen experience properly of popout twitch chat. Theather mode forces you to have the chat next to the video AND on the same monitor. Please let us pop out the chat on VODs.

Please give us VODboys some love.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. We should be able to go to each other's channels and see the clips that that user has made. Or be able to search the user name in a clip menu, which will reveal all the clips made by that user.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I don't want to see a featured broadcast when I go to twitch. An option to remove it would be nice.

307 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. like the highlighted video opitons, let us set what games actually being played in the clip **************

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When someone posts a clip in chat and maybe you want to take a look later, an Add To My Clips (or Save Copy, or similar) button would be nice.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Such a feature would make it easier for viewers to find what they are looking for content-wise, and for broadcasters if they need to find a pre-existing video or collection to edit or delete.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow VODS to get automatically uploaded to youtube for safe keeping as they get deleted from twitch after 60 days.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Let twitch auto change game name (and maybe title) based on what it was set on stream or info entered for uploaded videos. Vodcasts with 10th of games in one section creates mess

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Twitch, so far I'm loving the overall experience, and I think you guys do a tremendous job of listening to your community and incorporating said community feedback.

That said, there is one aspect of Twitch that bothers me right now.

I'm a gamer, and play a variety of games, namely first-person-shooters and open-world games. I like to organize all my game uploads into collections by game title. It would be nice if I could upload thumbnails featuring the game art for each collection.

Can we please get thumbnail support for collections, allowing us to add some personality to our collections?…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Should be able to save clips other users have saved to your own My Clips page, so you can make a collection of your favorite clips even if you yourself didn't make them.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Since today (April 20th, 2017) or maybe even a few days (haven't used the feature since Monday), whenever I want to upload a thumbnail to one of my uploaded videos, I no preview appears in the thumbnail preview windows. If I want to save the video, I get an error message saying "Missing required parameter crop_x". I didn't check if this also applies to highlights/past broadcasts, but at least on the uploaded videos this error appears no matter how often I try.

Browser: Firefox 53.0 (64 bit)

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow users that Share Clips from streams on Social Media to Earn bits.This will entice others to use the clips feature, as well as creative more of a flood of "Twitch is a thing" advertising that we are lacking. Cheering is an amazing interactive feature that so many people participate in, lets give more people more ways to earn bits.
    -This would be a way to earn bits that is beneficial to the platform and streamers (not just Our Advertising Partners)
    -Would create a community participation effect. Someone can help the streamer in a way that is free to do…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The ability to have closed captioned and subtitled videos. Twitch wouldn't need to have a closed captioning system, just the option to upload a CC file (i.e SubRip, SubViewer, RealText, etc) and preferably to be able to maintain the more advanced files' caption positioning.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I love the new addition of the top clips of the day/week/month/all time but I would love even more if I was able to select to show clips only from random date and time to random date and time as maybe back then some interesting streams or my favorite streamers were live etc. etc. Would make it even greater experience atleast for me if that's possible.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. My video has been stuck processing for hours. I've tried multiple times to upload in Safari and Chrome and it always gets stuck processing. The video is a 1 hour stream in .flv format from OBS and is 1.8 gb. Please help

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Hey, I watch alot of past broadcasts and I don't quite understand why we're all being forced to use this option. It might be good with short videos like on other platforms, but on here it's more painfull than useful.

Me and probably many other people watch them while going to sleep. So If you wake up and there are random streams marked (auto play plays random pb's for me), it's hard to remember what you actually watched.
    I also noticed that it doesn't always shows what's going to be played next https://gyazo.com/838517e196f50c6d757a3f6d9b1a9a3d .

I really hope you implement this…

258 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. It is great that now we can edit clips right after creating them, but could you please just add the button "Edit" that would remain for the following 24 hours on the clip page? Sometimes I want to edit clips made in API, sometimes I just close the page where editing is still possible but then rewatch it on the next day and want to trim it just a bit (really inconvenient to go to the main video and make a new clip).

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Would there be a way to optimize the upload of videos from your end? It seems like both the Upload and Processing times of the new service seems greatly reduced. Also, not having a loading bar for the processing to take place is slightly irritating as someone who wants to use this feature.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?