Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

625 results found

1. What happens now:
    When you press the clip button on desktop it opens a new tab and the auto from the stream tab and from the clip tab are playing.

What I wish would happen:
    When you press the clip button it mutes the stream and opens the clip tab. (only clip tab has audio)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. As per written in the title. Consider it, please. Very simple, but might be useful for new streamers to build an audience

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. So there is already a request of Similar nature that got rejected. I believe it was because of the wording in their request. So I had this idea.

The TLDR of it is that there should be a setting that allows you to enable or disable watching a Stream on one or 2 Monitors. On one Monitor you watch the Game or Whatever is happening and on the other, you have the Facecam of the given Streamer. I believe this would make for a better watching experience overall. Since most Streamers have good Facecams anyways it's a shame that that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I'm autistic and the audio for some games that I really like watching can be extremely overstimulating due to the players moving the camera around so much, causing the audio to jump from ear to ear in my headset. Both for people like myself, and for people who are hard of hearing in one ear, it would be extremely helpful for there to be an easy way to turn off stereo audio, making it a mono output.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. My idea is to give the viewer the option to put many streams on the screen. so the viewer able to watch many streamers streams at once on one screen ... there already is a page that imight not be from twitch itself that does so it´s called "twitchtheater.tv" this is the link to the site: https://twitchtheater.tv/ ..... My wish and idea is that this ability should be on the regular twitch site and app too... to give the viewer the possibility to have stream opened on one browser tab instead of many single tabs to watch many streams at…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Basically the idea is top allow the streamer to upload one long video or several short videos that would be used as a placeholder when the streamer is having connection issues. That way the awkward silence for when their connection falters and the lame "Stream Having Issues" could be replaced with actual content to keep viewers around while they wait for the issues to stop.

Additionally, I'd propose so:
    Partners would get a few more long videos for "Stream Issues" placeholder, as well as considerably more short videos.

Said videos must NOT be set as "Subscriber Only".

Their visibility within…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When watching a highlight collection, choosing "play all" always starts the first video in the collection. After you've started watching a collection, there is no good way to quickly resume watching both the playlist and the video you were watching.

Clicking "play all" should immediately start the video you were last watching AND put the player into "collection mode."

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be nice to be able to choose the default max length of a clip when an Elgato Stream Deck is integrated. For example, I've opted to make clips myself using the "Create Clip" action on the Stream Deck. My gripe with this is that all the clips default to 30 secs. This is unfortunate when there are moments that are within the 90 sec. max, but fall outside of the 30 sec. default. So, on Twitch's end, either in the Stream Manager or in the Clips section in Settings, I'd like to see a "Change Default Max Length"…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When ever I have paused a stream, and left the tab open. It has every single time been irritating when i am raided into a new channel. Sometimes i am on mobile and use up all my mobile data without knowing, sometimes I pause a stream and leave the PC before i go to bed, and then wake up because i've been raided into some stream. Or im inside a game and i don't know where the sound is coming from and have to go through my 20-30 some tabs in the middle of a game.

When I have paused…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow the customer to ignore TTS from certain users or all TTS in a given channel. It takes away from the user experience to have to deal with TTS spam. I'd like to watch and listen to the game and creator, not the annoying TTS spam.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There needs to be a way to search or filter by game in a particular streamer's channel to find specific vods or clips instead of scrolling back years, and then having to either find and save all the links, or scroll again every time you get back to it, just to watch a particular game all the way through.

For example: I wanted to watch a streamer's Noita videos from a year or more ago. I had to scroll back through every stream vod he had done in that time to find it, and bookmark the second video for after…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Twitch could have a subtitle feature for live content in English/Portuguese as we could watch it live in our native language or another language, as well as contribute to learning and fun at the same time.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. because sometimes i wasn't done highlighting a VOD that is about to expire but saying I have 1 day left before it's gone which is fine, but the next day it so happens to have expired. Some of the VODs have 0 days left but then it outlasts the other VODs that were supposed to be gone. So not sure if this is a thing but I do hope there would be a proper implementation of a better countdown timer for expiring VODs

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Some viewers may notice up to three new buttons below the video player of live channels: Rewind the Stream, Remind Me, and Watch Trailer.

We're rolling out this update for testing purposes, to help inform future features. This experiment is expected to last one month.

We'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions. We look forward to hearing your feedback!

173 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. On September 24th I posted an idea for a new app for Twitch that would be like TikTok or YouTube for Twitch clips, this is because short form content is much more consumable.

Upon discussion and feedback from streamers this should not be an app, since it would be much harder to get people to download and use the app. Instead this should be built right into the site already.

On the front page where you see the 4 purple buttons that say Games, IRL, Music and ESports, there should be a 5th tab called Discover or maybe better yet…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. As the creator author of the videos, I should be able to download the videos without any audio portion muted. It's still fine if the portion is muted when you watch the video but when you want to download the video, the original record without any modification or muting edition should be downloaded.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Whenever I try to connect my youtube channel to my account, I get this error: "This channel has no youtube account connected to it" (I'm translating from Italian). My youtube channel until now has always been succesfully connected and I had already exported several streams. Please solve this problem, it is really annoying, thank you.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would really like it if twitch would include our stream titles, vod title, and clip titles in the sites meta description so it shows up in (close to real time) google search.

I recently browsed a stream on Trovo live and found that they do in real time syncing with google search twitch does not.

By even reverse searching twitch stream titles nothing shows up in google search, this is frustrating.

I would also like to be able to search in twitch for stream/clip,vod titles and have them show up in a search results page.

please add this

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. right now we can clip from vods that are unpublished , it would be nice to be able to clip something from an unpublish vod so that way we dont have to publish the whole broad cast again , clip something from it then unpublish it again.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add the ability to filter clips and videos without showing content from streams you've marked not interested on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?