Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Doing daily reruns is a great way to grow. However, sending out notifications daily for reruns will make people turn off their notifications. Which is why this change is important.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Reruns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. For example in Rocket League it would be nice if you the viewer could choose which player to watch.

The twitch broadcaster could still do their usual flicking between players but I'd like the option to stay focused on one player of my choice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Twitch already has miniatures visible on twitch.tv, my idea is to extend that feature to work as pip mode for Spotify browser player.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The mobile verison supports "Audio only", but not at Browsers or App on Desktop. While Data-Usage shouldn't be problem on PC - but it actually might - in addition, Twitch uses an non-insignificant amount of CPU-power, which could also benefit from that option (i.e. of Talk Shows, Podcasts, ASRM, Music Streams, ...).
    I see no point, to exclude this feature on PCs.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Can you please bring back reruns for small Twitch streamers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. So twitch is pretty cool, but youtube has this feature where if you pause a stream, you can come back and just resume it from the same point.
    So i suggest this feature for twitch: If you paused a stream while its live and then you resume the stream after some time when its offline, it should just automatically play the vod from the point you pressed pause.
    Or just display the regular Stream offline screen but have a box that lets you click on it which says "Resume from last watching point" or something like that. That way you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. While I am watching an old broadcast, usually the day or two after it happened, I want to catch up on a few things. I do not watch the entire thing, but usually skip along to key moments. I would appreciate a few different ways to know where to skip along the time track on bottom. For example, if there were markings along the bar that showed where clips were taken. This would let watchers know that something "big" happened there and worth stopping there along the skip. A "Next Clip" button with this could let the user skip along…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can we please list pre-recorded content as re runs, or create a new catagory as it's wrong to list is as Live, it's doing a diservice to the streamers who make the effort to sit in front of their PC's broadcasting live content and it's killing their channels, especially the ASMR catagory.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Live vs Reruns

i think it should be made cleared when a chanel is on a rerun, it shouldn't say "LIVE"
    A way that i think they could help new streamers, or lew viewercount streamers overall is to have two subcategories, Live and Reruns.
    this would let streamers that are live have a chance to grow.

on the asmr category it's getting out of hands the amount of reruns, youtubecompilations and bots. and we can't do anything about it too. i've reported multiple channels but they are still there, even getting into front page. it's sad to see how the…

212 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. It would be great to let streamers send multiple audio channels. For example splitting game audio, streamer voice, music, and notifications.

Often Twitch is open to the side while the viewer is doing something else, and being able to switch off or adjust the volume of certain audio channels so they interfere less would be very useful, and make it more likely for users to keep tabs open.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. the ability to rewind streams if you show up late should be implemented i understand that that takes extra infrastructure but i feel you are a big enough platform to do it

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When in dark mode and the streamer disconnects I am blasted with the White and purple disconnect image. Make a version that detects if I have dark mode enable IE grey or black and purple so I don't lose my eyes when a sudden flash of white light burns my retinas.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Clips bewerten zu können wäre super, da im Moment ja nur der Titel ausschlaggebend ist für die klicks ! danke

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please allow us to edit/trim down already-existing highlights. A couple of issues I ran into: 1) When I completed a 25-hour stream, later wanted to play it as a rerun, and was told it had to be 24 hours or less (it'd be nice to trim it down some, so as to make it playable). 2) I downloaded the 25-hour video, trimmed it down just under 24 hours, and tried to re-upload it to Twitch, only to be told that it was too large D:

Please let us trim down existing highlights!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Having Twitch Prime or Twitch Turbo really helps affiliates in that their videos on demand are stored for 60 days as opposed to 14 days. However if you are a Twitch Partner under the current system you don't get any video storage benefits as you are already given 60 days VOD storage. I think it would be more than fair to give Twitch Partners who have Twitch Prime or Twitch Turbo 90 days VOD Storage as opposed to 14 or 60. The additional 30 days worth of storage would give Twitch Partners a reason to pay for Twitch Prime or…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. This is really bad! I can't edit this without spending forever trying to edit out all the corrupted parts of my videos every other cut. I know that you all don't have the bandwidth to re-encode every highlight that is edited but at least have it time the keyframes better. It makes vlc explode and not even mkv can play some of these files right...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Every Edited highlight has messed up keyframes!
    When you download those things they are impossible to edit with because of it! its h264 stitched together and it does not work.
    That codec is not made for that!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Give us a checkbox for all kind of Videos (Uploaded, Highlights, etc.) that will make the Video just available for Subscribers. if it's unchecked, then it's available for all Viewers. This checkbox should be available in the video edit area.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?