Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1138 results found

1. I just got my VOD muted...for using Twitch Soundtrack. Two separate songs were marked as unlicensed. This is ridiculous, and needs to be changed. How can Twitch promote Twitch Soundtrack as 'the solution' for DMCA takedowns and as a Spotify alternative, if it's causing the exact same issues as any other music platform?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. You can so that after the suspension of the account in the chat there is a reason for blocking the account, the time of blocking and a button to contact support.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Del mismo modo que se puede reportar un canal, sugiero poner una opción para apoyarlo si se considera injusto un veto. Recientemente he visto en directo cómo un emisor de un canal que había vetado de forma oportuna y necesaria a los típicos malechores que por envidia o porque no saben divertirse de otro modo hacían su chat del todo desagradable, tuvo que sufrir el reporte de dichos maleantes y fue injustamente vetado su canal. Propongo que se deje un lugar en Twitch para apoyar a dicho canal facilitando al creador un enlace para que pueda recibir el apoyo de…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I'm from the south and see a good amount of Dixie's still flying. Wouldn't do it myself, but I respect those who do and know they are good people. Believe it or not, the flag is a symbol of regional pride and heritage, and is in NO WAY the racist hate symbol that you and others inside the progressive orthodoxy see it as. Unilaterally painting it as such and ignoring the reality on the ground, what it actually means to the people living here, is just wrong. It's an inspirational symbol to fight for what you believe in, and all…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hey Twitch i have a question for you. Since DMCA as taken advantage like others and including myself that uses Twitch Soundtrack. Should Twitch add a feature where broadcasters can sign up for music license to play that music on the stream. I think this great idea for Twitch! Thanks being platform throughout my two years streaming!
    Twitch Affliate,
    NoahTheGamer808tv

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Twitch should find a way to reimburse or provide recompense for the unfair and extremely short timeframe to deal with their VODs. Many streamers lost years of content because they simply didn't have time to download and archive their VODs, which is absolutely unacceptable in this industry. Twitch has acknowledged that they screwed up, so let's hear them state what their plans are for making it right to those negatively affected.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. With recent changes to the Twitch channel interface on desktop browser, not only is chat hidden by default when opening the channel, but users can be stuck having chat hidden with no way to get it back easily.

If the user changes their window dimensions in such a way as to prompt Twitch to hide chat, they cannot bring it back without first stretching the window to be wide enough that Twitch deigns to display the "Expand" control at the edge of the page to unhide chat.

With recent changes, this control may not be accessible on windows displayed on…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. With the growing popularity of using virtual worlds to connect, teach and communicate, Second Life really should be allowed.

Not all of SL is "mature". There are universities present, corporations with "campuses", virtual concerts and charity events. Today, one of the book clubs interviewed Larry Niven, who was in-world, in full avatar as one of his own characters.
    Give it some thought.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Recently, due to the introduction of NSFW content on the platform, more channels have been appearing in the ART category.

I, as many other artists in this platform, understand there's a community within NSFW artists, which is much appreciated. What should be not permitted are channels advertising themselves in the ART category, misleading people to a content not related to art.

There are more than 20 accounts, during the hours when the audience is lower, streaming nude real girls twerking and other different +18 content as well. I presume, in the higher audience hours, these accounts may increase in number.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. delete ****/pedophile/zoophile content from your platform.

I don't understand what you want to give the platform, but it seems to be becoming a ****/pedophile haven.

I hope you will take care of your platform and give it a glorious past.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. pretty sure the re-evaluation of your sexual content was a large fail. Clearly in it for the money. People actually drawing child ***********...

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Imagine this scenario. You are a user and have seen and accepted all content classification labels warnings. You can navigate Twitch and can watch any content without any warning (this is fine).

Now imagine you are streaming live and navigate Twitch to see what other people are doing. You click on a unassuming stream that has labels, you are not aware of this and you do not have some/all labels that they do, now you are technically in danger of breaking ToS since you are capable of accidentally showing content that could only be streamed under some labels.

I propose…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please apply a little enforcement on Sexual Content users using incorrect categories such as "Just Chatting" when they should be using "Pools, Hot Tubs, and Beaches" for example.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. After reading the most recent updates to Twitch's guidelines, there are a lot of questions that come to mind.
    First, I feel like we need to define what can be considered artistic depictions of nudity and what can be considered ***********. As an erotic painter, I would usually refrain myself from streaming while I'm painting, but these new rules are excellent. However, we need meaningful definitions. Otherwise, various people can abuse this term.

This is off topic, but when it comes to changes to dances, part of me disagrees with it, but another part of me wants to know if…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. With Twitch's new sexual content policy changes I wanted to know how will this affect some streamers who aren't labeled as sexual content when they get raided by someone who shows artistic nudity?

There is a feature some streamers have where when they are raided by someone a bot automatically shows a random clip from that persons stream. (Although personally I think that feature is already a bad idea)

Will they get penalized if that random clip just happens to feature artistic nudity?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The safety settings as of now only affect the chat, not the channel itself. Leaving the streamer vulnerable to "Follow Raids" by bot accounts. Here are some safety options that could be implemented to prevent this:
    [All examples are toggable options]

1- Account Verification: Non-Verified accounts (via e-mail or phone) aren't able to follow the channel.

2- Account Age: Accounts created before X days aren't able to follow the channel.

Meassures have to be taken for the safety of twitch streamers, these options will help every user in this platform. It's very demoralizing to be streaming and out of the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The current wave of harassment bots mass generate accounts seconds before they follow, typically making accounts and following sequentially so that their usernames read out as a torrent of abuse.
    It is clear that automation is used to create these accounts and command them to follow. It should not be possible to create accounts with automation.
    Therefore do the following things:
    Implement recapture or other real human authentication method for account creation.
    IP block for account creation on the same IP within an hour.
    Introduce a feature to Shield Mode that prevents unverified accounts from being able to follow at…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Its well past time Twitch recognizes Autistic streamers and makes post every April and August for Autistic Acceptance month. Along with other Autistic related days in the year.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hatebots that rely on crafted usernames with harassment messages in them can still inject themselves into a stream for harassment by using the Follow button, regardless of all other safety settings enabled. We've seen this attack on large scale before, and occasionally still pops up, often with accounts that were only just created.

Allowing us to restrict who can press the Follow button to only those eligible to chat (i.e. verified account, etc) raises the effort to harass people this way.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There are some streamers I enjoy watching who are very mild in certain categories of the Content Classification (or who occasionally play a game that is in a Content Classification). To watch them, I am required to approve of watching this content classification category. However, I did not realize that once I accept it for one stream, it is accepted for all streams. Now, anytime I click on a stream, I am no longer warned about this content classification, resulting in me entering streams I am not comfortable with, and with no way to turn the warnings back on as…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?