Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Page

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Twitch recently changed the way Teams are displayed on a streamer's channel page.
    Prior to the change, the name and link of the main Team was displayed next to the Game below the Video Player. The change moved this lower to the "About" box and changed the appearance, which makes the Team less obvious and appear non-clickable.

I propose to re-add the Team name and link next to the Game name, in addition to the reference in the "About" box.

Teams are a great way for streamers to collaborate. As of now, Teams need lots of love, as they have…

402 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

23 comments  ·  About  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Before you implemented the new player you didn't need to refresh the page when a stream went live. Now you will not even notice when a stream goes live unless you refresh the page.

Example:
    Current behavior:
    1. Go to offline stream page (ex https://www.twitch.tv/reckful)
    2. Reckful starts his stream
    3. Nothing happens and the user has no idea that reckful has gone live even if he has had this tab open for hours

Wanted behavior:
    1. Go to offline stream page (ex https://www.twitch.tv/reckful)
    2. Reckful starts streaming
    3. Stream starts playing instantly

I know that this worked…

307 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I and many other streamers use the offline image to communicate important information about the stream, and with it being missing, small, or overridden by the other cards, I'm losing an important method of communication with viewers.

In addition, the auto-featured recent stream, while nice for some streams, is not useful or appropriate for all channels, and it would be nice to have the option to disable it.

...I guess the sum of what I want is just the option to keep my offline image as the main visual element on the channel page when it's offline. The new additions…

271 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Banner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please let us delete Followers. I had some trolls in my channel, creating stupid usernames including my channelname.

I reported them over a week now and twitch is doing nothing. This accounts still exist....

I dont want them in my follower list! I dont want them to get a mail, when i go live to remember them "Hej, he is online again, lets get there and troll him again"!
    If someone is trolling, following and gets a mail everytime, when the streamer is going live, he can start over and over to create troll accounts.
    So: PLEASE! Let use remove…

247 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Information on the "home" tab is useful, but I don't want it to be the first thing people see when they come to my channel. I'd much rather they see the panels that I paid to have designed, and the information I put there specifically to be front and center.
    I do like the information such as Recent games played, and the other channels to check out. I'd like it if there were a way to merge the two so that the information on the home tab is readily accessible, but NOT what immediately greets the viewers.

230 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The schedule tab is extremely redundant if it's not tied to your timezone. The current extension will show the streamer's schedule in the time zone of the system viewing it. This is SO important as we all know noon CET is most definitely not noon PST. From the looks of things now, we'll just be able to set our schedules to a time, and it will then be up to the viewer to keep track of what timezones we are in. Thus the schedule will not be usable for the viewer.
    This should also include the option for the streamer…

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just to provide some clarity – we actually already handle the timezone translation for both streamer and viewer, so viewers should be able to see exactly when you’re going live in their timezone. We realize it’s tricky because we don’t have any messaging that explains this, so we will be working to get that added.

7. Instead of your followed channels on the Homepage being sorted by viewer ammount it would be nice if I could rearrange or change the sorting so the biggest streamer isnt at the top for me (by default its fine). I like to watch smaller streamers and having to click showmore once or twice everytime Im on twitch to see if theyre streaming is getting annoying especially after I miss a stream every now and then.

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I do not need a schedule tab because I don't hold normal hours. Many of my friends who are also streamers also don't hold normal hours and won't need the tab either. I'd prefer to disable it altogether to streamline my page.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The top panel on the "about" page and the schedule page are bland to look at. I would love to be able to choose an accent color or add my own graphics, especially if the panels will not be on the main page. It takes away a lot of the individual expression that we're allowed with the current layout.

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m leaving this topic open for the specific feedback presented, but just wanted to update that the team has added some more customization options since the launch, and will continue to add customization to the page over time. Thanks for your suggestions!

10. I would love to see animated GIF support for my stream panels or even larger filesizes permitted. Currently there is a 1 megabyte limit on file size.

Since twitch loads the video stream first and doesn't load the panels until the user attempts to scroll down, the increased file size allowance would not impact the load time of a broadcast.

Animated GIF, MP4 or MOV support would greatly increase the control and polish available to broadcasters

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Panels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I follow quite a lot of streamers, some of which are far bigger than others, and I'm sure this is a common problem. If there was an option to pin a channel, so it was always on your sidebar when they're online, regardless of viewer count, it would be super convenient. Would also help the smaller streamers along most likely!
    Just a small thing which would be nice I think :)
    Thanks!

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Dear Twitch,

Hello, I am one of users who use your services.
    Recently, I found out that I couldn't follow other channels. So, I'm looking for the reason why i can't follow the other channels.
    Then I found out that Twitch users can only follow 2,000 channels.
    Though 2,000 seems like a large enough number, but it means 'following' is a resource that will be exhausted one day.
    I've told the problem on Twitch Support service, but the only answer I've got is that "We can't tell when the problem is solved, but we will solve it someday."
    If so,…

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Clips are an amazing feature on Twitch and I feel they're (already) somewhat underused. The new layout seems to make this worse, since clips don't even get their own header or section.

Something like a clip reel would make a great showcase for new viewers, plus something existing viewers can be proud of ("hey I clipped that!"). Perhaps it can be added on the home page? Or maybe just the option of merging several clips into one highlight video (per month, or whatever)?

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Video Section  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey guys, you can actually sort of set this up the way you’re describing! Head to the Videos tab and choose “Customize Layout”. From here, you can edit the layout to display your Clips (I have my own as the very top shelf on my homepage .). Similarly, you can create a Collection of Highlights to be your top shelf. I will leave this topic open for the general feedback about and the Home display, though.

14. Most advertisements you get in emails at least give you the option to unsubscribe. I know what games and I'm not interested in free loot or whatever. The world has too much click bait already.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I am not a streamer but I watch Twitch every day for hours. I would like a customizable homepage that I can launch everytime I come on. This homepage would have all streams I follow, top games right now, top streamers right now, top communities right now (maybe also communities I follow), top clips from streams I follow (where you can toggle by 24 hours, 7 days, 1 month etc). Everything customizable so that you can create your own little 'home'.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I entered all of my social links, but I decided that I'd like to reorder them. With the current mechanism, I need to re-enter all of them, from scratch, in the order that I prefer. Well, that sucks! This obviously needs 'push up / down' buttons or drag-and-drop for the individual social link boxes.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  About  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The panels should have an option to force a grid layout, instead of the floating randomness we have today. I designed a 3 column poster that displays correctly on the most common screen resolutions, but it breaks with this new layout.

Streamers should have the choice of floating(today), three, four or five column layouts.

The new channel layout makes it easier for everyone to find the info they're looking for about a streamer, which is great.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Panels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Being able to personalize moderator and VIP badges could be a great addition to give originality to the channels and with the logos related to their channel.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. When a Twitch Steamer is playing a game, his friends show up, he changes games. Then he will change the title.
    PROBLEM, the people viewing the steam will see the old game title.

IDEA - software should update the title in the app

Otherwise, every conversation goes something like this, "Just refresh. idk, refresh. Refresh it. Twitch won't refresh. Refresh please, changing." "Why are you still playing 12345?" "I'm not, refresh."

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  TItle Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I think it would be useful to be able to toggle panels on/off instead of having to remove them and re-add them each time.
    For example, I'd like to have a panel with information specific to a game I'm playing, but if I'm playing a different game I'd like to turn it off temporarily and not have to worry about setting it up all over when I go back to the other game.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?