Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Page

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dear Twitch,

We are now dealing with a new threat of bot accounts. These accounts sit lurking in channel, possibly logging info of either streamers or chatters. They may be using this info for giveaway sniping, or possible future bot attacks, including viewer bots, follower bots, and even spam bots. They sit there and do nothing, they follow us to other streams we host/raid. We ban them, not like they ever say anything, but to prevent them from spreading, we need a way to KICK THEM OFF THE CHANNEL.

Recently had a run in with "Opentwitchbot" whom acknowledges that they…

705 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

170 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, I know that this is a very late response, but we’re hoping to find time to address this issue later this year. There are a few steps we’ll have to take to solve this problem in a way that will work for all streamers, but we understand the severity of the issue.

2. Before you implemented the new player you didn't need to refresh the page when a stream went live. Now you will not even notice when a stream goes live unless you refresh the page.

Example:
    Current behavior:
    1. Go to offline stream page (ex https://www.twitch.tv/reckful)
    2. Reckful starts his stream
    3. Nothing happens and the user has no idea that reckful has gone live even if he has had this tab open for hours

Wanted behavior:
    1. Go to offline stream page (ex https://www.twitch.tv/reckful)
    2. Reckful starts streaming
    3. Stream starts playing instantly

I know that this worked…

280 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Instead of your followed channels on the Homepage being sorted by viewer ammount it would be nice if I could rearrange or change the sorting so the biggest streamer isnt at the top for me (by default its fine). I like to watch smaller streamers and having to click showmore once or twice everytime Im on twitch to see if theyre streaming is getting annoying especially after I miss a stream every now and then.

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I follow quite a lot of streamers, some of which are far bigger than others, and I'm sure this is a common problem. If there was an option to pin a channel, so it was always on your sidebar when they're online, regardless of viewer count, it would be super convenient. Would also help the smaller streamers along most likely!
    Just a small thing which would be nice I think :)
    Thanks!

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Being able to personalize moderator and VIP badges could be a great addition to give originality to the channels and with the logos related to their channel.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I think it would be useful to be able to toggle panels on/off instead of having to remove them and re-add them each time.
    For example, I'd like to have a panel with information specific to a game I'm playing, but if I'm playing a different game I'd like to turn it off temporarily and not have to worry about setting it up all over when I go back to the other game.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hello, I follow a lot of people on Twitch, a lot of people have not started streaming yet, will probably do it soon or will not stream at all.

I find it impossible that the channel follow limit is 2000 follow.

Please increase the number to at least 10000 channel follows, so that I can follow more than 2000 channels & users.

Even on Youtube there is no channel following limit!

Please increase this, I have to delete users from my channel list all the time, which annoys me a lot.

I also find it very dubious for a streaming…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The way it would work:
    There would be a button with the Clip/Options/Theater Etc. settings that would look like this http://i.imgur.com/zA5KDxa.png (quick 5am mockup). When you click the button, it will timestamp the VOD and take you to that moment when the VOD has been uploaded.
    Maybe there's a separate page on your profile where you can manage your "Watch Later" links; with a VOD link OR maybe you get a twitch message from a bot with a link to it?
    I'm not 100% sure if this has been submitted before or if there's a way to do this as…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. On the Following page allow us to make sub groups to put certain streamers in. Example:

Follow a lot of Team 2G streamers? Make a sub group for them so they aren't mixed in with your other followers.

Follow a lot of streamers from different games? Make a CS:GO, League of Legends, and DOTA 2 sub group so they are organized better.

I think this would be a good way to make things more organized and couldn't take too much effort to set up.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. With the schedule feature allowing streamers to set their upcoming schedule, it would be great if that schedule could be used to show an agenda or calendar view of upcoming streams for channels a person follows. A tab could be added to the current "Following" page for "Upcoming" streams that would show the when the next scheduled streams are.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I started to set up my new offline channel page, which has the option to post a schedule. I have a schedule that (usually) alternates every other week.
    For example, Week 1 is my Dungeons and Dragons series with friends, and because our schedules do not line up, week 2 is a normal video gaming stream.

It would be nice to have an option to set a 2-week schedule, a week 1 and a week 2.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Currently streamers have to add custom commands to their bot for every streamer they are streaming with. Example !username !username2 and when viewers are using those commands in chat, bot will say their Twitch channel name. Then streamer is updating to the title "Streaming IRL with !username and !username2" so that viewers can find their channels.

It would be easier if this would be inbuild feature in Twitch, so that you could tag other streamers example like this: "Streaming IRL with @username and @username2" and those would be automatically converted as hyperlinks.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. With the time, the list of channels grows up.
    And i would like to separate channels in groups. Like the "Collection" in the Steam app where you can create collection of games.

It should be very nice to be able to make that kind of Collection :

• RiotGames -- LCS -- LCK -- LEC -- LPL
    • Fortnite games -- Streamer 1 -- Streamer 2 -- Streamer 3

And being able to edit them (rename, delete, manual sort order, open/close +).

Thank you !

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. As a streamer, I want to have the ability to disable shelves such as "Recent broadcasts" and enable only custom collections or "Recent highlights and uploads", or "Popular clips".

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [ENG] I would like you to implement an easier and more aesthetic way of ordering the channel panels. Every time a new panel is added or one is removed, everything is disorganized. It could be divided by fixed columns of 4 or 5, then we could decide if in "Colum 1" put a number of panels / extensions and in "Column 2" different ones.

[ESP] Quisiera que implementan una formas mas facil y estetica de ordenar los paneles del canal. Cada vez que se agrega un panel nuevo o se elimina uno, se desorganiza todo. Podria ser dividido por columnas…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hello,

I have spoke to many people over the years of me being on Twitch and many of us are upset that when we accidentally click "unfollow" it resets our following date. I know some people have done it on purpose, but many of us would like to keep our follow date. Being on mobile at night time when I am relaxing somewhere and not on my PC, it is easy to accidentally click the unfollow button, especially if I have fallen asleep. It would be nice if it was possible to create an option, maybe in settings, to turn…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The placement of twitch panels changes depending on multiple things such as monitor size, the sidebar being open or not and chat being open or not. My suggestion is that we should be able to lock a column to always be displayed on a specific side, this way we can place important panels in this column and we don't have to worry that it gets lost further down due to any of the reasons i've listed before.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would love to see a noticeboard tab on our channels where we could leave updates regarding the channel itself. Whether you're not going to be streaming that week, things you will be streaming that week, charity events and so on.

Yes, we have social media but not everyone uses it and someone who's just discovered you may be interested in what's going on in the future. Posts would only need to use the same Markdown code that panels in About already do and could easily be added or removed as necessary. Sort of like digital post it notes.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 안녕하세요 하루에 트위치를 12시간 이상보는 트수입니다.
    건의를 드린것은 다름이 아니라 팔로우와 언팔로우를 할 때에 안녕하세요 하루에 트위치를 12시간 이상보는 트수입니다.
    건의를 드린것은 다름이 아니라 팔로우와 언팔로우를 할 때에 확인버튼을 추가 하기를 건의드립니다.
    트수들이 방송을 재미있게 보는데 실수로 팔로우버튼을 잘못 눌러서 언팔로우되고 다시 팔로우를 하였을 때, 팔로우 일수가 초기화 되면 트수들이 그에 대한 상실감이 크게 느껴지기에 확인버튼을 추가할 것을 건의드립니다.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Often, I want to follow a streamer only for certain games/categories they stream, such as following artists only for their Art and Just Chatting streams but not their gaming streams, or I might just not want to see anyone playing certain games, no matter how much I like that streamer otherwise (e.g. to avoid spoilers or just because I have no interest in it). Notifications for streams I have no interest in just distract and annoy me, and lead to me either unfollowing the streamers or ignoring them so much that Twitch stops sending them.

While I think that opting …

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?