Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Page

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

46 results found

1. I think it would be useful to be able to toggle panels on/off instead of having to remove them and re-add them each time.
    For example, I'd like to have a panel with information specific to a game I'm playing, but if I'm playing a different game I'd like to turn it off temporarily and not have to worry about setting it up all over when I go back to the other game.

152 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Panels  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The panels should have an option to force a grid layout, instead of the floating randomness we have today. I designed a 3 column poster that displays correctly on the most common screen resolutions, but it breaks with this new layout.

Streamers should have the choice of floating(today), three, four or five column layouts.

The new channel layout makes it easier for everyone to find the info they're looking for about a streamer, which is great.

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Panels  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Accessibility is a huge, ongoing problem on social media and streaming platforms, and this includes the way panels work on Twitch. I personally use photos to create a consistent brand on my page. Individuals visiting my page who use a screen reader are not able to know what my panels say because they are image-only. I hope that Twitch will consider adding an alternative text section (that will not show as text placed in the description shows). This will increase accessibility for all individuals on twitch and allow those of us who use a consistent branding system to maintain that…

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Panels  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In the About section, I have some panels that are links, some with a little text under them, and some with a lot of text under them. If panels with text could be expanded and collapsed by clicking, things would look a lot cleaner and more symmetrical while still giving easy access to information. As it is, having this kind of mix of panels makes things very cluttered and disorganized-looking.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Panels  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The placement of twitch panels changes depending on multiple things such as monitor size, the sidebar being open or not and chat being open or not. My suggestion is that we should be able to lock a column to always be displayed on a specific side, this way we can place important panels in this column and we don't have to worry that it gets lost further down due to any of the reasons i've listed before.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Panels  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The current panels that show below the stream player is just awful in it's current state, it's so bad, it doesn't even align up where you think it's going to align up after you switch off Edit Panels Mode. I want to see a better panels view where it'll show exactly where and how panels display on the page, because dragging things around just doesn't move panel to where I specifically want them to be and ends up arranging them in awkward places where it doesn't properly align where they should be placed.

Here's what you should do to make…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Panels  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I've seen multiple requests to be able to "hide" certain panels from appearing below the stream as opposed to just deleting them and having to remake them again later, but to expand on that idea, I'd like to suggest being able to have multiple layouts for panels available to use. This would be useful for variety streamers with multiple games they play regularly, people who do different types of streams on certains days (some streamers have sub sunday, etc) and would also be useful in creating panel setups for events like charity streams.

With multiple panel layouts available we'd be…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Panels  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The User should have the ability to upload different panels for the light and the dark mode.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Panels  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There seems to be a persistent issue where custom panels on the about page are cropped oddly on the right and bottom sides of panels. This has apparently been an issue that has been going on for years and hasn't been fixed. Resizing the bottom and right side of a panel can only do so much but it still crops out part of the image automatically. This must be some sort of bug in the coding to cut off that much of an image. Please fix this issue.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Panels  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The new channel layout sucks (let's be honest). It's a maze just to get to the clip section and the video player just seems off without the little "videos, clips, followers, etc" and profile picture tab on the top. Besides, having the huge box under the player with only the profile picture and the about info is also weird. People use to just type the about info in the panel section below anyways?

Would at least be cool if the viewer could choose if they want this new channel design or the old one. For me, this new feature makes…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Panels  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. As a streamer you know you can use/set panels underneath your stream, but sometimes you just want to disable one, it's not possible you find out then and you'll have to delete it. It would be handy if you can disable them to not need to make them entirely again (i'm talking about the text and links with them now btw)

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I Think you should be able to change the color of your text in the descriptions of the about me panel section. Definitely something that should be looked into!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Panels  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please add images and images with links to panel markdown, so they can be incorporated into panels rather than having to add a panel just for an image.

And also, add background images to panel markdown. This would avoid having to redesign and reupload panels when text is changed.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Just to allow more detail and freedom, especially to those that draw their own panels.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add markdown for easier linking of other Twitch channels in Panels. Instead of having to type out this entire line just to get a simple text hyperlink to another channel on Twitch:

ExampleChannel

Maybe that can be simplified to something like these?---
    @@ExampleChannel
    [@ExampleChannel]
    @userExampleChannel

Or something along those lines?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In our panels we're able to use markdown, which is great. One of those options is quotes. This indents the text and places a bar at the beginning of the line. This bar, however, is twitch-purple. This clashes with a lot of streamers' chosen colors. I know it certainly looks horrible in mine.

In our channel settings under brand, we set an accent color for our channel. I would very much appreciate it if that color was used for quotes in our panels too.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I think, and many other people probably think, that the current panel layout system is... oof.

How about implementing a feature, which would let you click on a drop-down menu in the panel editor mode and select which column mode you want to edit (ex. 2, 3 and 4), and then customize the panel positions for that specific mode.

All the panels would be global, aka, you couldn't make 3 totally different layouts with different panels. The only difference would be the order of those panels.

Thanks for reading. If you dont agree with this, atleast agree with THIS: https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/297558-general/suggestions/35919556-panel-layout-options

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. While the ability to have panels change column amounts by size of the window is great on paper, it can lead to a number of issues when it comes to having a certain look. If you want to have everything nice and balanced you can't do that because on your screen you might see four panels and for someone else it could only show up as three and everything is out of sync of where it should be!

I move for the option for us to set whether we want it to change the amounts or if we want a…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. As of now you can set the order of the panels on your page, but you cannot set a specific configuration for them. Being able to set panels in specific rows and columns would be really helpful. I for one would love to have my panels just stack vertically. The system now of them stacking out and under is just a bit silly and can be hard to design around.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When it comes to designing the panels and the diagrams to be able to distribute the information, it is currently poorly done.

We have two types of plot and even playing with empty panels to structure the placement, everything goes crazy, ruining all the work.

When we go to 'About' we have a maximum frame of 5 panels wide and once everything is placed and structured it is perfect, but... when we are live and we simply use the mouse scroll to see the information, the frame varies to a maximum of 6, making all the information appear completely out…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?