Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Page

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

31 results found

1. Hello, I follow a lot of people on Twitch, a lot of people have not started streaming yet, will probably do it soon or will not stream at all.

I find it impossible that the channel follow limit is 2000 follow.

Please increase the number to at least 10000 channel follows, so that I can follow more than 2000 channels & users.

Even on Youtube there is no channel following limit!

Please increase this, I have to delete users from my channel list all the time, which annoys me a lot.

I also find it very dubious for a streaming…

369 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When a user is banned, currently they can still follow the channel. Some trolls use this to get past mods who are removing game spoilers from the chat by following, as this often brings up alerts and non deletable messages in the chat with the spoiler. A example of this has been seen often in The Last of Us 2 streams where they spoil the ending. This has happened repeatedly on a stream I moderate, and across multiple others, pre-emptive banning to try and stop them does nothing to stop them following.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Follow  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. As a streamer who likes to look at who is following them, having to go to my channel settings every time now to look at my follower list is highly annoying, this button should be added back onto our pages even if it is only visable to the steamer, this is for easier access which I think you will agree is better overall than something being out of the way and annoying to get too.

The following button should be brought back as well for who the streamer follows so that way followers can look at who the streamer follows…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Follow  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Option to follow without the loud announcement that is to follow. Some of us introverts like to show our support without being acknowledged. As we lurk in the background silently enjoying the content we are provided, so should our follows be given the choice to go silently in to the night

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Follow  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Basically, this idea would be for if a person were to unfollow a channel, a prompt would show up asking them to give a reason as to why they're unfollowing. For example, a streamer's content has been "getting old or repetitive" could be a reason, or they are "not interacting with their chat" as much, or any other reason like that. A streamer could enable or disable this feature depending on whether or not they want feedback from the people who unfollow them. The Twitch users who do unfollow can also choose to not answer why they are unfollowing, and…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Follow  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Basically I would love to have a follow and un-follow alert notification when someone followers or un-follows my Twitch channel. I am surprised it is not already a feature on Twitch. It would be very convenient to have for us streamers who "follow support" each other. Please consider a follow and un-follow alert for streamers. It takes a lot of time to maintain.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Follow  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Já faz um ano que estou com esse problema e ainda nada. Não consigo seguir novos criadores, deixar de seguir antigos. Automaticamente após eu clicar em deixar de seguir o ícone volta pra forma anterior de como se eu ainda continuasse seguindo.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I really didn't know where to post this, but I'm bored of accounts doing folliw-unfollow just to get attention. It's useless, annoying and only fools the system and the streamer. I've been target even of well established channels.

My proposal is to restrict the follow-unfollow to a certain time (e.g. 1 week) or penalize a channel if it has a repeated f-u behavior.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Follow  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Repro method:
    1) Using Google Chrome version 88.0.4324.150 on desktop
    2) Place mouse over follow/unfollow button
    3) without clicking, remove curser from the button
    Expected Behavior: The "Follow"/"Unfollow" speech bubble should appear when the mouse enters the button, and disappear when it leaves the button, as it does for the turn notifications on/off button.
    Observed Behavior: The Speech bubble appears, but does not disappear until the mouse goes over another button.

Repro rate: 20/20 100% over multiple stream pages

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Follow  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. As a user, I would prefer that my social actions not cause any notification to the broadcaster or the chat.
    Such actions include (but are not to be limited to) following, subscribing to, and hosting a twitch channel

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be great, when following someone, to be able to add notes in a description field so that when I look over them again, or they pop up in chat/streaming, I remember where I know them from. Did I follow them from a raid, or they popped into my channel, etc.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Would be great to see if you open someones channel that you can see if he follows you.just like twitter it also shows if the person is following you!
    Then its easy to see if people are really following you!!
    Would be easy for people that have alot of followers then you dont have to go through the whole followers list.
    Greetz b_grafix

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Follow  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I discovered you can see anyone's followed channels via third party websites using the API, and I've been told it's OK because that's public data.
    I'd like at least an option to prevent that.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please make a way to sort the people who you follow by when they streamed last as a option of sorting them out, I spent a 8-10 hour live stream going through over 2000 people I was following to unfollow the ones who have not streamed in 2 years plus, I ended up removing around 222 people funny number, they didnt stream in 2-5 years but I was loyally following them.
    Wish there was a way to contact them to see if they will return or something. Or get an email from twitch if they ever stream again so I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. i can't follow any new channel please help me to fix it

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. tired of this happening i was following someone for over 2 years and twitch unfollowed them and blocked them causing them to unfollow me and before it added not i did not do this myself and wish twitch would stop wat ever is causing it as it getting really annoying justin.tv was never this bad

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I tried to follow a streamer and instantly it automatically unfollow without me pressing anything. How can I solve this problem?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. why is there a limit to how many channels we're allowed to follow? I find it frustrating i'm having to unfollow streamers every week or so to follow new channels. while my taste has changed in last 3 years i'd rather not unfollow those streamers and some streamers don't log in as often as they used to i'd still rather know when they do.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. As I can see for myself and on the numbers under the streams I watch I noticed that often the number of follows is about 100x higher than the actual views and so I would recommend to remove inactive users in a process similar like follows:

1. After not watching a followed streamer for let's say 1 month the user gets a notification email that he is inactive for this specific channel and can be unfollowed if inactive for much longer.

2. After let's say 2 or 3 months of not watching a channel the user gets an email that states that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Follow  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hello everybody. Is the "follow" button in categories and games working for you? I stopped following games that I don't follow and tried to follow games that I started following but it didn't work.

Olá a todos. O botão "seguir" nas categorias e jogos está funcionando para vocês ? Eu deixei de seguir jogos que não acompanho e fui tentar seguir jogos que passei a acompanhar mas ele não funcionou.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?