Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Page

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

39 results found

1. Currently there is no effective way to search through clips other than top all time, 30 days, and 7 days.
    -You should be able to search through clips by keyword.

For example, if you're trying to find rage clips on a channel or game you should be able to search clips by the keyword "rage". Any clips with rage in the title should show up.

313 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

27 comments  ·  Videos  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I think, it would be help to search clips on a channel, if there will be a search field on clips page.
    Another idea, the creator of the clip can add tags to clip, and anybody can find them.

122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Videos  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Clips are an amazing feature on Twitch and I feel they're (already) somewhat underused. The new layout seems to make this worse, since clips don't even get their own header or section.

Something like a clip reel would make a great showcase for new viewers, plus something existing viewers can be proud of ("hey I clipped that!"). Perhaps it can be added on the home page? Or maybe just the option of merging several clips into one highlight video (per month, or whatever)?

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Videos  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    mouse responded

Hey guys, you can actually sort of set this up the way you’re describing! Head to the Videos tab and choose “Customize Layout”. From here, you can edit the layout to display your Clips (I have my own as the very top shelf on my homepage .). Similarly, you can create a Collection of Highlights to be your top shelf. I will leave this topic open for the general feedback about and the Home display, though.

4. Hi Twitch! it would be awesome if we could pin our favorite clips to our Twitch pages, have tags on clips, and/or make searching for clips a better experience. The current means of searching/sorting clips by 24 hour, 7 day, 30 day or all time is very limiting and doesn't yield optimal search results. Searching for clips on the dashboard is also confusing and not user friendly. Clips are a nice short way for people to experience the channel offline if they don't want to scrub through a VOD.

Yes, channel trailers are great but 60 seconds is limiting. Having…

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Videos  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. So you know that one streamer you like to watch that's full time and divides him or her self between more than one game / category and goes 8+ hours each day and has tons of people clipping the channel's content?
    I personally think it's a bit frustrating to go digging through their dozens / hundreds of clips just to find that one you are looking for from such a long time ago. I think it would be a great addition if twitch allowed us more filters than just sorting by time created (by default, 24 hours, 7 days, 30…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Videos  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Can you please bring back total views on channels ? Or add a feature to get it again. Thanks !

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Videos  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hello,
    I wanted to share my feedback about the new UI design. I'm sorry to say that but I really don't like the fact that the menu at the top with the Videos, Clips and Followers tabs disappeared. We used to access Videos and Clips in one click, it was easy and fast. Now we have to make 4 clicks, at least for me. I have to open the same stream on a new tab, stop the stream, click on the streamer's name and then click on Videos. And the Clips aren't even here anymore...

This is very annoying and…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Videos  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Such a feature would make it easier for viewers to find what they are looking for content-wise, and for broadcasters if they need to find a pre-existing video or collection to edit or delete.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Videos  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I think it would be fantastic for video editors/highlight editors and viewers, if there was a way of locating and finding clips based on tags and keywords, on top of time periods.

Examples:
    - Searching for only clips belonging to a certain tagged game the streamer has played. (Search for Escape from Tarkov, and only clips made during streams where EFT was tagged as the game being played.)
    - Searching for clips that share a specific word(s) in the title. (Searching for "Triple kill" or "Jebaited" would show only clips that share at least one of the specified words.
    -…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Videos  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. As a streamer, I want to have the ability to disable shelves such as "Recent broadcasts" and enable only custom collections or "Recent highlights and uploads", or "Popular clips".

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I love the new addition of the top clips of the day/week/month/all time but I would love even more if I was able to select to show clips only from random date and time to random date and time as maybe back then some interesting streams or my favorite streamers were live etc. etc. Would make it even greater experience at least for me if that's possible.

Admin audit: changed "costum" to "custom"

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently the way users can look into previous VODs or Clips is in a very limited form.

Past broadcasts:
    - Add the ability to limit the searches based on custom time ranges
    - Add the ability to search by keyword/title

Clips:
    - Add the ability to limit the searches based on custom time ranges
    - Add the ability to search by keyword/title
    - Add the ability to search by category (similar to VODs)
    - Add the ability to search by username of person who created the clip

There are some 3rd party websites that have these features but they are…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Videos  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Highlights misleadingly have the text "Check out this <game> stream from x days ago," which isn't appropriate, since highlights are very different from full streams. These videos need to at the very least have a prominently displayed title, and it must be very clear whether a video is a stream or a highlight.

Example: After the trailer, my first featured video is a highlight from 21 days ago of me reacting to a hype train. I don't want it misrepresented as an example of "a <game> stream" with no further information.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow for streamers to edit the "Category" of any clip on their channel (i.e. all clips located within the "Clips of My Channel" section).

With the introduction of Featured Clips, it would be great to have the ability to manually update the Category/Game of clips. That way I, as the streamer, can ensure all the clips of my channel are being accurately labeled within the appropriate Category (and, simultaneously, provide accurate discoverability results to users who are searching for clips under a specific category)!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Videos  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently, users can only see the last 4 updated 'collection' videos. This was not the case many months ago.

Being able to scroll further down and see all the collections a broadcaster has produced (like myself) in the form of a playlist is a awesome.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It looks better to have top performing clips as the first thing people see.

If I have 5 clips visible that have 500 views, people are more likely to continue browsing through my content than if the 5 clips visible had 10 views.

It would be great to be able to control this somehow, either through pinning or toggling which filter applies by default (of all time, last 30 days, last 7 days, last 24 hr)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. the collections feature it's an amazing idea but lacking interest, we need pin it on the front line like (Schedule, Video, Clips )

or at least let us remove the (Recent highlights and uploads, All videos) sections without unpublish them so the highlight shows only in the collections

it will be easier to the viewer like this (recent podcast, clips, collection 1, collection 2, collection 3 )

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would like there to be a feature where you can make a collection a column
    and decide if that column should go on top, bottom or middle like say if I Highlighted my stream and put it in a collection called Must see streams then I go to my dashboard and make it towards where if you go on my channel and go to Videos the first thing that shows is my Must see streams But the videos are in a row to scroll though also I think for non-partners you can add Upload but they get an upload…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Since clips are longer lasting than vods, the clips of past broadcasts are a stronger resource for sharing memorable moments.

A feature I would love to see is the ability to view clips based on game played. When there are a variety of clips it is frustrating to have to keep scrolling to activate the lazy load to find an older clip.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be a HUGE help for broadcasters, moderators, and viewers to locate specific streams based on searchable terms. If a streamer goes to a renaissance fair, it would likely be in the title of the VOD or the title of a clip. A search function would enable all to type in "renaissance" or "fair" and instantly access VODs and clips that pertain to those specific areas.

It also could increase exposure. If a broadcaster has streamed more than one renaissance fair, it would show the user other broadcasts that feature similar content. This could increase VOD engagement.

I sincerely…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1