Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Page

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Before you implemented the new player you didn't need to refresh the page when a stream went live. Now you will not even notice when a stream goes live unless you refresh the page.

Example:
    Current behavior:
    1. Go to offline stream page (ex https://www.twitch.tv/reckful)
    2. Reckful starts his stream
    3. Nothing happens and the user has no idea that reckful has gone live even if he has had this tab open for hours

Wanted behavior:
    1. Go to offline stream page (ex https://www.twitch.tv/reckful)
    2. Reckful starts streaming
    3. Stream starts playing instantly

I know that this worked…

398 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hello, I follow a lot of people on Twitch, a lot of people have not started streaming yet, will probably do it soon or will not stream at all.

I find it impossible that the channel follow limit is 2000 follow.

Please increase the number to at least 10000 channel follows, so that I can follow more than 2000 channels & users.

Even on Youtube there is no channel following limit!

Please increase this, I have to delete users from my channel list all the time, which annoys me a lot.

I also find it very dubious for a streaming…

192 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The top panel on the "about" page and the schedule page are bland to look at. I would love to be able to choose an accent color or add my own graphics, especially if the panels will not be on the main page. It takes away a lot of the individual expression that we're allowed with the current layout.

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m leaving this topic open for the specific feedback presented, but just wanted to update that the team has added some more customization options since the launch, and will continue to add customization to the page over time. Thanks for your suggestions!

4. It would be amazing if you could see how many hours you've watched Twitch for, or better, how many hours you've watched a specific twitch channel for!

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hello, I have a feature request but don't know if it has been said yet. I believe Twitch should implement a donation button directly through Twitch so people don't have to go to another website to donate. People would feel safer doing this and people can easily donate with the button on their page. I got this idea from Youtube superchat.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. With the schedule feature allowing streamers to set their upcoming schedule, it would be great if that schedule could be used to show an agenda or calendar view of upcoming streams for channels a person follows. A tab could be added to the current "Following" page for "Upcoming" streams that would show the when the next scheduled streams are.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. On the Following page allow us to make sub groups to put certain streamers in. Example:

Follow a lot of Team 2G streamers? Make a sub group for them so they aren't mixed in with your other followers.

Follow a lot of streamers from different games? Make a CS:GO, League of Legends, and DOTA 2 sub group so they are organized better.

I think this would be a good way to make things more organized and couldn't take too much effort to set up.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hello,
    I wanted to share my feedback about the new UI design. I'm sorry to say that but I really don't like the fact that the menu at the top with the Videos, Clips and Followers tabs disappeared. We used to access Videos and Clips in one click, it was easy and fast. Now we have to make 4 clicks, at least for me. I have to open the same stream on a new tab, stop the stream, click on the streamer's name and then click on Videos. And the Clips aren't even here anymore...

This is very annoying and…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like to ID tag another channel in the title of my stream. This would allow me as a streamer to have a visible spot for my viewers to see who I'm playing with/talking to, and will promote cross pollination of audiences.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The placement of twitch panels changes depending on multiple things such as monitor size, the sidebar being open or not and chat being open or not. My suggestion is that we should be able to lock a column to always be displayed on a specific side, this way we can place important panels in this column and we don't have to worry that it gets lost further down due to any of the reasons i've listed before.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hello,

I have spoke to many people over the years of me being on Twitch and many of us are upset that when we accidentally click "unfollow" it resets our following date. I know some people have done it on purpose, but many of us would like to keep our follow date. Being on mobile at night time when I am relaxing somewhere and not on my PC, it is easy to accidentally click the unfollow button, especially if I have fallen asleep. It would be nice if it was possible to create an option, maybe in settings, to turn…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently streamers have to add custom commands to their bot for every streamer they are streaming with. Example !username !username2 and when viewers are using those commands in chat, bot will say their Twitch channel name. Then streamer is updating to the title "Streaming IRL with !username and !username2" so that viewers can find their channels.

It would be easier if this would be inbuild feature in Twitch, so that you could tag other streamers example like this: "Streaming IRL with @username and @username2" and those would be automatically converted as hyperlinks.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The current system on Twitch where you have Mature Audience setting, you really need to add a better Age Verification system than a button to confirm you are of age. To me this is lazy age verification, you need to have actual age verification before being allowed to watch streams that are marked for Mature Audience. It's such a simple process where you can confirm your age once with a third-party entity that can verify your actual age with official documents, so no documents are handled by Twitch directly, thus keeping the security and confidentiality of it's users sensitive information.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Like you can enable/disable showing followers.

Even feature to remove followers from your list especially one who just follow you with trollish names to troll you.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The new channel page layout (released around 12 May 2020) doesn't respect auto-play settings from browsers. I've tested it with Firefox and Google Chrome across macOS, Linux, and Windows, and nothing sticks.

Specifically, the page that shows VODs with the stream playing behind the content just continues to play with video and audio, despite my browser settings being set to block auto-playing video and audio. If I go directly to the "live" page with the chat box, the video doesn't start playing automatically.

Screenshot: https://postimg.cc/cvtPFB0c

Having a moving background behind what I'm trying to look at causes immediate motion sickness…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When an issue with your stream occurs, it would be great to have the ability to use a custom technical difficulties image or animation you've created, rather than the default NotLikeThis error screen.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. As a streamer who likes to look at who is following them, having to go to my channel settings every time now to look at my follower list is highly annoying, this button should be added back onto our pages even if it is only visable to the steamer, this is for easier access which I think you will agree is better overall than something being out of the way and annoying to get too.

The following button should be brought back as well for who the streamer follows so that way followers can look at who the streamer follows…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would love to see a noticeboard tab on our channels where we could leave updates regarding the channel itself. Whether you're not going to be streaming that week, things you will be streaming that week, charity events and so on.

Yes, we have social media but not everyone uses it and someone who's just discovered you may be interested in what's going on in the future. Posts would only need to use the same Markdown code that panels in About already do and could easily be added or removed as necessary. Sort of like digital post it notes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Either an animated GIF, PNG or MP4 that can loop on repeat, or on play button, while channel is offline

An old feature that may or may not exist in a similar capacity is rebroadcasting on repeat from the existing video library (not 100% sure if that still exists)

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. As an artist on twitch I love the idea of being able to promote my work in the first place that people look when they click on my page. But that’s being covered by big dark screen and a panel telling everyone I’m not streaming at the moment. Like why add something to cover the only part of my profile that can be truly customized. I think the offline panels would be better suited for anywhere below that or as a smaller section so I could work around it at least. Because currently it sits smack dab in the middle…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?