Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Page

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Information on the "home" tab is useful, but I don't want it to be the first thing people see when they come to my channel. I'd much rather they see the panels that I paid to have designed, and the information I put there specifically to be front and center.
    I do like the information such as Recent games played, and the other channels to check out. I'd like it if there were a way to merge the two so that the information on the home tab is readily accessible, but NOT what immediately greets the viewers.

231 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why would you get rid of the one thing that makes live content special just because the streamer is not online at the minute?

Lot of channels have chat interaction even when the stream is offline and this new interface makes it so newcomers won't know that there are other people in the channel chatting and such. It's also the easiest and fastest way to figure out some simple info about the channel via commands (!twitter, !socials...)

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow to customize which videos appear on the offline page between highlights, previous streams, clips, and even allows users to focus on uploads if they so choose. I found my highlight appeared right after my previous broadcast when I highlight old streams for review purposes. This would be an extremely handy feature.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Since a bugreport page does not seem to exist and the general category is under maintenance: Your report button is completely broken. I cannot report channels used for hate-raids against LGBTQIA+ people (tried Chrome and Firefox, Firefox without any Twitch extensions). It says "Sorry, a network error ocured when submitting your report. Please try again later". The issue has persisted for at least a day now and I can watch streams without any issues indicating that I do in fact have internet.

Please fix the report button and take action against accounts used for hate-raids.

twitchdobetter

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. It's not very obvious to a lot of people that clicking the streamer's profile picture or name will toggle between the profile page ("home") and the stream player with chat.

I don't know how one would accomplish this in the current design, since it feels like this toggling functionality, while 100% necessary and important, was hacked in at the last minute. Nonetheless, people need an obvious and intuitive way to see that they can switch between seeing our channel home and info, and seeing the large player and chat.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I would rather have viewers who come to my page see either my info picture, the person I'm hosing, or go straight to my content. I'm not interested in showing them the Channel Trailer unless they go to view it on my About page to learn more.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Home/Follow Page on Mobile is bad

The very large icons force me to scroll just to see who all is live. Of course bigger streamers being at the top, it may be detrimental to streamers with less viewers. I would much rather be able to see a full list of online streamers when I’m at the homescreen. If I want to see a large, live thumbnail...I’ll just select that channel

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please fix the issue on mobile that takes you to the hosted streamer’s page rather then the streamer page that is actually linked. It is detrimental to creators and discourages hosting!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The profile picture is redundant on the Chat/Live page - you have it to the left of the title and directly below in the About section. Allow a second profile image or an option to upload an image specifically for this section to avoid this redundancy.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Twitch is adamant about changing the channel page, as this is the second time around they are trying to do it, and i commend them by that. Having said that instead of just saying change the channel page back, embrace the new page and give feedback so the page can be the best possible thing.

I am gonna echo some of the ideas i have seen around and give some of my own:

1 - Merge ''home'' and about'' or have the about become the landing page.
    Merging them would be the best option, I would have the about section…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When you go to any Twitch profile > 1000 followers it will show the follow count with 2 significant figures, but rounded UP to the nearest hundred instead of DOWN.

If I have 6,249 follows, it shows 6.2K followers.
    If I have 6,250 follows, it shows 6.3K followers.

I believe that it should round down and only show the next hundreds only after you surpass it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?