Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Page

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

13 results found

1. Information on the "home" tab is useful, but I don't want it to be the first thing people see when they come to my channel. I'd much rather they see the panels that I paid to have designed, and the information I put there specifically to be front and center.
    I do like the information such as Recent games played, and the other channels to check out. I'd like it if there were a way to merge the two so that the information on the home tab is readily accessible, but NOT what immediately greets the viewers.

390 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Investigating  ·  20 comments  ·  Home  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Why would you get rid of the one thing that makes live content special just because the streamer is not online at the minute?

Lot of channels have chat interaction even when the stream is offline and this new interface makes it so newcomers won't know that there are other people in the channel chatting and such. It's also the easiest and fastest way to figure out some simple info about the channel via commands (!twitter, !socials...)

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Home  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It's not very obvious to a lot of people that clicking the streamer's profile picture or name will toggle between the profile page ("home") and the stream player with chat.

I don't know how one would accomplish this in the current design, since it feels like this toggling functionality, while 100% necessary and important, was hacked in at the last minute. Nonetheless, people need an obvious and intuitive way to see that they can switch between seeing our channel home and info, and seeing the large player and chat.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Home  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When adding social links add the rel="me" option.
    This can be used across web systems to verify users across platforms. Take mastodon as an example, having a link on twitch pointing back to my account on a mastodon server will show that I have control over both pages.
    you can see here as an example
    https://mastodon.xyz/@nextcloud
    and a short guide
    https://opensource.com/article/22/11/verified-mastodon-wordpress

GitHub also does this by default when adding a link to ones profile.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I think that how we visualize the channel main page should be changed, for example in my channel I only see recent broadcast and recent categories streamed. It would means the world if followers could see highlights and other things too.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hey Twitch,

Lately I've seen that my Bot now has access to the upcoming new channel design. It looks very good (better than I thought) BUT I have suggestion for you guys:

Please overthink how the "currently streamed game" is getting displayed. In the upcoming new design it's so unpopular and small placed down below the username it's "nearly invisible". In the current (old) design it had a cover image and was placed perfectly below the player. That was a great spot!

Please please overthink the positioning or at least make it more visible (e.g. give it back a cover…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like to be able to keep my Twitch tab open and see which of my followed channels are currently streaming and which are not, without any noise.

I would like to be able to not actually be on any channel, using minimal memory and CPU and quiet. Only when I actually select one of the channels will something actually happen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In the norwegian version, theres a spelling mistake in the channel pages. It currently says "Atrømmer (game name) for (xxxx) seere", while it should say: "Strømmer (game name) for (xxxx) seere"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. twitch ayarlar kısmında hesap oluşturma tarihimizi görelim merak ediyoruz başkalarının hesap açılış tarihinide göre bilelim

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be nice if i could add another category to the channel home page. Right now it just shows my "recent" VOD's and their categories. I would like to add a "tab?" that shows "all" VOD categories. This way new people to my channel know all the VOD categories on my channel. Otherwise they'd have to delve into my videos and look, and that seems unlikely.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 the new banner space is useless , as an information space, and looks not good in pc, theres a right deadspace with color and its horribly integrated to change between dark and bright theme

2 i like the new way videos look in a horizontal row, but lloks like youtube, in a bad copy way, i think you could had improved that.

3 in my opinion the video information incrusted in the banner space its bullsh... if you have the last transmision on the row why you want to have it big there? its better the way used to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Twitch is adamant about changing the channel page, as this is the second time around they are trying to do it, and i commend them by that. Having said that instead of just saying change the channel page back, embrace the new page and give feedback so the page can be the best possible thing.

I am gonna echo some of the ideas i have seen around and give some of my own:

1 - Merge ''home'' and about'' or have the about become the landing page.
    Merging them would be the best option, I would have the about section…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I always have to go click the view more button to see the channels I watch mainly. Giving users the ability to drag and drop channels in the list in a specific order would be nice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?