There was an error during translation

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. As you might have expereinced, when chat is moving fast but someone needs a message deleted or timedout/banned mods can sometimes missclick due to the fast moving chat, now while we do have the pause chat option this can still happen due to a flinch or a nudge from a pet or someone else, what I am suggesting is an undelete/restore function within the chat for mods.

If someone was banned by accident or timedout all their messages are purged, but how about when you undo the mistken action you have the option to restore that persons messages within the…

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to see an easier way to see what channels where I am a moderator without checking all my following list and typing /mods to check.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please create the option for an account age chat restriction (similar to follower only mode) so streamers can restrict newly created accounts from trolling/harassing in chat.

When necessary, brand new Twitch accounts could be restricted from chatting by allowing the streamer to pick the length of time accounts need to have been created for before they can chat. (24 hrs, 7 days, 14 days etc).

This would potentially be even more effective at dealing with certain types of harassment compared to a 10 min+ follower only mode because it would allow for the average twitch viewer to still interact with…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Would like a way to natively see a users name change history including date & time of change.
    Maybe even first & last message history for each username change

For example:
    TwitchSupport - (formerly TwitchTVSupport) changed on 14 Oct 2020 22:46

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dear at @TwitchSupport as a mod it would be great if ANY user who has an account that's less than 30 days old had a special symbol next to their name. 95% of the users I have to delete a message, timeout or ban are new user accounts. A symbol would make it easy to spot new user accounts in a busy chat and make it easier for mods to be on alert. ESPECIALLY when there is something going on like a new movie with spoilers or now the new thing is WW3 chatter blaming America ALSO if I ban…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Twitch should allow mods and streamers to repop up the chat Rules for certain user to remind them if they didn't respect it.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unblock the channel of the streamer Evelone192, which, by chance, did not expect that in the unknown Discord group, the group photo was replaced by a ****** organ, which were replaced by unscrupulous haters. Unblock the channel for him, he is a very great streamer and he suffers a lot from channel blocking. He hadn't expected what happened there.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. In light of recent events in which two individuals have been harassing and cyberstalking a number of Twitch streamers, myself included, it would be helpful to filter out alternative forms of profanity along with formats of phone numbers.

Specifically, I suggest the following be filtered/prohibited in username creation:

• bltch (with an "L" instead of an "i")

• wh0re (with a "0" instead of an "o")

• ####### (the typical format of including phone numbers in a username)

All three of these techniques have been used by internet trolls when creating multiple accounts to harass streamers and post their personal information. Please…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I believe that Twitch should add REGEX support for Automod "Blocked words and phrases". This would be a very helpful feature for chat moderation since a lot of users can easily get past the blocked term by intentionally misspelling a word. This would also allow streamers to enforce English only characters in chat. I'm aware that twitch allows using the "*" wildcard but in many instances this is simply not enough.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When we block and ban someone they should not be allowed to watch our content anymore.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Currently the only possibility for managing links is to disable them all together. This replaces them with '***' in chat for everyone but the sender. Add an alternative to make AutoModerator hold all links for review instead so mods can allow them on a case to case basis. If no mod is there the result would be the same, no links in chat.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. In your own TOS you allow:
    Building construction sets (Lego, Erector sets, Mega Bloks, K'nex, Duplo, etc) or model kits (Warhammer, Gundam, and etc)

You do not, however, allow:
    Toy assembly

How do you know that the Gundams etc. Will not be used as toys once they are done? How can you be sure they will not be gifted to a family member and that they will use them as toys.

Toy assembly should be allowed.

You do not allow: Unboxing
    But yet many people do unboxing streams (primarly "big streamers")

You do not allow: Playing puzzles
    But you allow…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Although we enter notes with the new unban system for deny or approve, these aren't shown in the Bans or Mod Comments in the User Card - please have these shown here as well for good record keeping. Additionally, including when a request was submitted and who approved/denied it would be useful, it is only shown in Mod Actions at this time.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The Twitch community is composed of people from around the world, coming from unique political backgrounds and cultures.

Prohibiting games enforces a specific view of the world to the Twitch community as to what is acceptable or not, censoring content with valuable gameplay and cultural content in the process.

As of this writing, the list of prohibited games are either due to violence, sex, or any game with the "Adults Only (AO)" ESRB rating. While this could be argued to be a good thing for kids, Twitch has already a "Mature Content" flag in its channel settings for this specific…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. There is nothing currently in TOS that prevents anyone with a criminal record in casting - including people who have been convicted of race, hate or crimes. As a private company, Twitch could make the step to update TOS to prevent people who have been convicted of race, hate or crimes from casting - and make a DBS part of the onboarding process (a DBS is mandatory for teachers working with children, people in the care industry etc - why not on twitch when children can create an account from the age of 13?) . It wouldn't solve the problem,…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Grant moderators permission to use all emotes even if they are not subbed or only have a tier 1 sub.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Keep cooking streams out of Just Chatting. It hurts the food and drink community if people can see cooking in a different category. Games are kept out of Just Chatting, so should cooking food focused streams.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Is there a better way to filter or make sure that if I have my channel in Mature Audience only, that it is understood? Like can we have a little rating setting we can place or have it be better defined in the Topic/Category settings for streams? As well as if there is a way we can make sure it keeps the chat/audience of age?

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Would be super helpful to have an ad-break widget in mod view (for channel editors) as I currently have to switch between stream manager (for ads) and mod view (for cleaner/more accessible UI).

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I see how the unban request option can be helpful, especially in the situation of accidental bans/misunderstandings, but many bans that are carried out are intentional and for outright hateful behavior, and the unban requests associated with those are usually filled with more hateful speech that mods and streamers shouldn't be exposed to.
    It would be very helpful to have an option when banning to say "this was intentional and we don't need any further contact with this user"

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the request. This was actually our first idea too, but it’s been difficult to think of a way to do it without making the Ban flow too complicated, especially for Mods who are currently using the Mod Action buttons next to messages to Ban.

• Don't see your idea?