Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Page

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

404 results found

1. Following up my comment on https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310210-discover/suggestions/42218083-pronouns-prefix

It would be great if there were a dedicated Bio field in which we could put our pronouns, and a chat feature similar to the functionality provided by https://pronouns.alejo.io/ to display pronouns right alongside names in chat. This could also be used to populate a tag-like display near the streamer's name.

Tags for streamers are a start, but I'd like to be able to consult someone's bio (if they choose to disclose pronouns) so I can refer to them properly when they're not currently streaming and be able to refer to viewers properly.

4,661 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Before you implemented the new player you didn't need to refresh the page when a stream went live. Now you will not even notice when a stream goes live unless you refresh the page.

Example:
    Current behavior:
    1. Go to offline stream page (ex https://www.twitch.tv/reckful)
    2. Reckful starts his stream
    3. Nothing happens and the user has no idea that reckful has gone live even if he has had this tab open for hours

Wanted behavior:
    1. Go to offline stream page (ex https://www.twitch.tv/reckful)
    2. Reckful starts streaming
    3. Stream starts playing instantly

I know that this worked…

569 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Twitch recently changed the way Teams are displayed on a streamer's channel page.
    Prior to the change, the name and link of the main Team was displayed next to the Game below the Video Player. The change moved this lower to the "About" box and changed the appearance, which makes the Team less obvious and appear non-clickable.

I propose to re-add the Team name and link next to the Game name, in addition to the reference in the "About" box.

Teams are a great way for streamers to collaborate. As of now, Teams need lots of love, as they have…

506 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  About  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Relevant Update  ·  Ana responded

Hey all! Wanted to let you know that we recently updated the Teams color so that it looks more interactive and noticeable. We decided to add it to the About panel, because it is more about the streamer - where it was before was more about that particular stream.

4. Information on the "home" tab is useful, but I don't want it to be the first thing people see when they come to my channel. I'd much rather they see the panels that I paid to have designed, and the information I put there specifically to be front and center.
    I do like the information such as Recent games played, and the other channels to check out. I'd like it if there were a way to merge the two so that the information on the home tab is readily accessible, but NOT what immediately greets the viewers.

388 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  20 comments  ·  Home  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hello, I follow a lot of people on Twitch, a lot of people have not started streaming yet, will probably do it soon or will not stream at all.

I find it impossible that the channel follow limit is 2000 follow.

Please increase the number to at least 10000 channel follows, so that I can follow more than 2000 channels & users.

Even on Youtube there is no channel following limit!

Please increase this, I have to delete users from my channel list all the time, which annoys me a lot.

I also find it very dubious for a streaming…

369 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Currently there is no effective way to search through clips other than top all time, 30 days, and 7 days.
    -You should be able to search through clips by keyword.

For example, if you're trying to find rage clips on a channel or game you should be able to search clips by the keyword "rage". Any clips with rage in the title should show up.

313 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Videos  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently, on both light and dark themes the "Get Ad Free" button - that subscribes you to Turbo is almost completely hidden due to the background color of the button blends with the page background.

Currently the buttons background uses the CSS:
    background-color: var(--color-background-button-secondary-default);

The fact that the button uses its own special variable separate from the other buttons on the channel pages tells me that this is an intentional design choice. I feel like this choice is doing more harm than good. If the button was purple, or
    background-color: var(----color-background-button-primary-default); like all the other buttons on the pages it…

271 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 193 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The schedule tab is extremely redundant if it's not tied to your timezone. The current extension will show the streamer's schedule in the time zone of the system viewing it. This is SO important as we all know noon CET is most definitely not noon PST. From the looks of things now, we'll just be able to set our schedules to a time, and it will then be up to the viewer to keep track of what timezones we are in. Thus the schedule will not be usable for the viewer.
    This should also include the option for the streamer…

172 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  mouse responded

Just to provide some clarity – we actually already handle the timezone translation for both streamer and viewer, so viewers should be able to see exactly when you’re going live in their timezone. We realize it’s tricky because we don’t have any messaging that explains this, so we will be working to get that added.

10. The top panel on the "about" page and the schedule page are bland to look at. I would love to be able to choose an accent color or add my own graphics, especially if the panels will not be on the main page. It takes away a lot of the individual expression that we're allowed with the current layout.

168 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    mouse responded

I’m leaving this topic open for the specific feedback presented, but just wanted to update that the team has added some more customization options since the launch, and will continue to add customization to the page over time. Thanks for your suggestions!

11. It would be amazing if you could see how many hours you've watched Twitch for, or better, how many hours you've watched a specific twitch channel for!

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I think it would be useful to be able to toggle panels on/off instead of having to remove them and re-add them each time.
    For example, I'd like to have a panel with information specific to a game I'm playing, but if I'm playing a different game I'd like to turn it off temporarily and not have to worry about setting it up all over when I go back to the other game.

152 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Panels  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The panels should have an option to force a grid layout, instead of the floating randomness we have today. I designed a 3 column poster that displays correctly on the most common screen resolutions, but it breaks with this new layout.

Streamers should have the choice of floating(today), three, four or five column layouts.

The new channel layout makes it easier for everyone to find the info they're looking for about a streamer, which is great.

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Panels  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I think, it would be help to search clips on a channel, if there will be a search field on clips page.
    Another idea, the creator of the clip can add tags to clip, and anybody can find them.

122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Videos  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Clips are an amazing feature on Twitch and I feel they're (already) somewhat underused. The new layout seems to make this worse, since clips don't even get their own header or section.

Something like a clip reel would make a great showcase for new viewers, plus something existing viewers can be proud of ("hey I clipped that!"). Perhaps it can be added on the home page? Or maybe just the option of merging several clips into one highlight video (per month, or whatever)?

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Videos  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    mouse responded

Hey guys, you can actually sort of set this up the way you’re describing! Head to the Videos tab and choose “Customize Layout”. From here, you can edit the layout to display your Clips (I have my own as the very top shelf on my homepage .). Similarly, you can create a Collection of Highlights to be your top shelf. I will leave this topic open for the general feedback about and the Home display, though.

16. I am not a streamer but I watch Twitch every day for hours. I would like a customizable homepage that I can launch everytime I come on. This homepage would have all streams I follow, top games right now, top streamers right now, top communities right now (maybe also communities I follow), top clips from streams I follow (where you can toggle by 24 hours, 7 days, 1 month etc). Everything customizable so that you can create your own little 'home'.

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hi Twitch! it would be awesome if we could pin our favorite clips to our Twitch pages, have tags on clips, and/or make searching for clips a better experience. The current means of searching/sorting clips by 24 hour, 7 day, 30 day or all time is very limiting and doesn't yield optimal search results. Searching for clips on the dashboard is also confusing and not user friendly. Clips are a nice short way for people to experience the channel offline if they don't want to scrub through a VOD.

Yes, channel trailers are great but 60 seconds is limiting. Having…

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Videos  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hello, I have a feature request but don't know if it has been said yet. I believe Twitch should implement a donation button directly through Twitch so people don't have to go to another website to donate. People would feel safer doing this and people can easily donate with the button on their page. I got this idea from Youtube superchat.

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please add biweekly and monthly options for scheduling in addition to the current weekly option.

Many people such as myself work a 2 week rotating schedule or work irregular shifts.

More scheduling options would provide more inclusivity for people that don't work a weekly schedule and would benefit the streaming community a great deal.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. On the Following page allow us to make sub groups to put certain streamers in. Example:

Follow a lot of Team 2G streamers? Make a sub group for them so they aren't mixed in with your other followers.

Follow a lot of streamers from different games? Make a CS:GO, League of Legends, and DOTA 2 sub group so they are organized better.

I think this would be a good way to make things more organized and couldn't take too much effort to set up.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?