Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Just got the e-mail saying i was part of this test and I can already tell you it's a bad idea. A 50/50 split on a one-time event? Why would anyone prefer this to a gift sub that grants your emotes to someone for an entire month? If you're going to take half either way, why would any reasonable person choose the less impactful reward?

It's an interesting idea, but making it cost bits instead of taking 50% of the cost would be a better use of the feature.

403 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

133 comments  ·  Celebrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A channel editor is probably the biggest role any streamer can give a person, but the channel editor can't do as much as they should be allowed to do. A channel editor should be able to do more than just create highlights, run commercials,etc. When a person is promoted to a channel editor, that means the streamer gives them their ultimate trust. So what should an editor be able to do, but can't at this current time? Here are some ideas:

• Moderate the moderators | Just as any other broadcaster can, a channel editor should be allowed to purge/timeout/ban moderators…

346 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  50 comments  ·  Editors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I have recently tested your new viewer count algorithms and have found results that point to two simultaneous streams are allowed only... not a 'handful'(?) as you stated on twitter?
    I believe this will make things impossible for the smaller streamers and hurt Twitch a little bit too in the long run.

The smaller streamers are basically the collateral damage in this as most streamers on twitch have a slow moving all important chat until they get into the 100s of viewers. Most of the viewers that do stay behind will usually have multiple streams open as their main, whilst…

277 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Charity streams and fundraisers in which viewers are induced to Subscribe to a channel, or send a lump-sum payment directly to a Broadcaster's PayPal, unnecessarily expose streamers to liability and viewers to fraud. This practice is for the most part largely unregulated on Twitch. If Twitch is not going to moderate this practice, then I implore them to create alternative, legitimate tools for Broadcasters who wish to raise money for charity.

My suggestion is to introduce a "Charity" button similar to the "Subscribe" button, with all money going directly to a designated registered charity. This could be a page hosted…

196 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Give streamers the ability to have multiple audio channels, one for voice, and one for music. This gives them the ability to play music, and the end user the ability to either listen to that music at a level they like, or the ability to mute it altogether. Not everyone has the same taste in music, and this would also allow streamers to play their music and not have to worry about their voices being muted if they play music that's copywrited, as the music channel can just be muted if that's the case.

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I think a user-profile option to disable automatic joining of a raid would be a useful feature. Some channels have various reasons or incentives to staying in offline chat and sometimes you can't catch the whole stream and can't opt-out of the raid.

135 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. With the growing software developer communities on Twitch, we would like to add some tags to help with discoverability. Please consider the following tags:

• Desktop Development

• Programming Language: C#

• Programming Language: C++

• Programming Language: F#

• Programming Language: Java

• Programming Language: JavaScript

• Programming Language: Python

• Programming Language: Rust

• Programming Language: PHP

• Unity

There may be more that we should consider, but this is a start. I'll defer to commenters for more tag ideas.

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When you get gifted a sub, you can't subscribe by yourself that month, so you lose the chance to get the Founder Badge. So instead, the badge should apply to all types of subscribing.

For example you find a new streamer, you want to sub to it but someone gifts you a sub before having the chance to do it. Later, they get over 10 subscribers so you lose the chance to have the founder badge (even though you were one of the first 10).

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Instead of the default icon for a VIP badge, allow me to upload an image for my users' VIP badge to show. For instance I give VIP badges to people who have won tournaments that I've broadcast on my channel. I'd like to make the VIP badge icon be a trophy.

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Can you please explain your reasoning for the choice to make raiders not count as true viewership and how you suggest smaller facets of streaming like small art categories such as the miniature painting streams, who make up a large portion of streams but do not draw massive viewership because of the niche market, yet we struggle to meet your hidden criteria for partnership. What does it actually take to get partnership and how can you help those of us in smaller communities to reach partnership? Also, when the select few of us in smaller communities reach the 75 concurrent…

105 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. We have an official game channel on Twitch -- we have tons of streamers that play the game, but (of course) most are variety streamers.

We'd love to autohost some of these folks playing our game, but it'd be awkward if we autohost them and they randomly play :any game that's not our game:. After all, it's the official game Twitch channel!

This would be useful to any themed streamers or gamers that only play x or y game. There may be variety streamers that play MOBAS but a LoL Twitch channel would autohost their friends only when they're playing…

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Hosts and Auto-Hosts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The title says it all. It would be useful to have the option to choose who exactly can watch past broadcasts, as well as highlights and uploads. I believe some affiliates and partners offer special videos that are made specificaly for their subscribers. Unfortunately, this can only be done by restricting the access to the entire VOD librairy.

Example: I don't want my highlights or my past broadcasts to be restricted just for the purpose of allowing my subs to get exclusive content from the uploading option. But if I would like to make that restriction I would like to…

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Sub-Only Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Sub points should be accumulated & not get expired along with expired subs as it helps streamers to unlock emote slots quicker. And with more emotes available, potential subscribers would be more enticed to sub or continue their subscription.

Looking at "expired" sub points on our partnered dashboard not only demoralized streamers before the start of each stream, we'd get less interested to help promote subscription to our viewers & would encourage direct donation instead.

My current subpoints which unlocked 24 emotes is now at 366/1,000 because 600+ gifted subs expired this month. I don't see how I could get…

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. If you gift 100 subs and they run out, your badge disappears forever unless you gift a sub every month. But if you gift 1 bit, in 5 years you will still have that (ugly) bit badge. That sounds unfair to me. Make the sub gift badges permanent, or make it so that it will stay 1 month for every sub gifted (so for 10 gifted subs get the 10 gift subs badge and keep it for 10 months).

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Artists who draw Twitch emotes have contributed so much to the Twitch community yet receive so little recognition on Twitch for all their work.

It'd be nice if these artists could received some sort of "Global Paintbrush Badge" as recognition for all the hard work they put into creating emotes for Twitch users to use.

A suggestion is that after an artist has designed emotes for a certain number of channels (e.g., after designing for 50 channels, they're considered a "verified emotes artist") they can receive the badge. This could be something that artists have to apply for after which…

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. We want to know who our twitch managers are, and an easy way to contact them, either via discord, or email. More transparent way to chat with our questions, not only for the big streamers, but also for the minorities from small countires like Bulgaria and such. We love the platform, we just want to be in touch with the people responsible for our region.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Onboarding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow streamer to pause the video for everyone. Especially useful for Movies so you have have a break to go to the bathroom/stretch.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Watch Parties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I would love to have my chat bot be able to show some emote love when a person subscribes. However, right now it seems I would need to sub to myself as my bot. It would be great if at least one bot can have a free sub like how the Affiliated streamer receive one sub.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I have started a stream team. The roster of 20 lives within a discord and twitter. We also have artwork residing in our Twitch panels and social. However, we can't legitimize the linkup with one another on Twitch until one of us becomes partner or until a partner friend grants a stream team slot. It would be mega cool to make that connection and keep our community bonded on Twitch. If affiliates could even have just one open token/slot to create a team, that would rock.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?