Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Instead of asking our viewers to choose between fun and promoting the stream, make the boost passive and based on ANY points spent during a stream.

As it stands, the system is creating a conflict of interest - particularly for channels that are solely powered on Channel Points.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Boost This Stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. [EN] An option to pin an user's chat message as a streamer's reminder. Really useful for videogames that makes us memorize hard puzzles so we could use the chat to help us save the data.

[ES] La posibilidad de fijar el mensaje de un usuario del chat como recordatorio para el streamer. Muy útil para videojuegos donde debemos memorizar puzzles complicados y el chat nos ayuda a guardar los datos.

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Baiting Twitch users to pay money on behalf of their favorite streamers to boost discoverability is a bad idea and an unethical idea. It only unfairly furthers an existing advantage over other channels by exploiting community members’ good faith willingness to pay to support the streamer, and it does not make up for any deeper existing discoverability and usability failings. There is a consensus on social media that users understand this is a detriment to Twitch overall. If it doesn’t work as intended, they are wasting their money. But if it does work as intended, it greatly compromises the integrity…

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Boost This Stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. So Hype Trains have been around for a while now with minimal improvements. Many casters, including myself, don't use them due to their lack of integration, custom styling and lack of purpose. I have a few suggestions that, if enacted, would not only get me to use them but also improve the system overall for all creators.

It breaks down to three main suggestions:

• Allow us to identify the emotes that are rewarded to the userbase. Just like we have a "Sub" and "Follower" emote section in our panel, a "Hype Train" section would be added. This would allow us…

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Hype Train  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. So we know that Partner's get a way to give a lifetime subscription to 2 bot accounts and 3 other users, I was hoping that this could be extended with a role kind of permission that would allow affiliates to be able to gift it to their bots as well. This would make life so much easier for affiliates and let partner's know that this is an option as many don't know about it already and this would make it clear for everyone and less maintenance from the partner management team to let us manage it ourselves.

For implementation, you…

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Exporting previous broadcasts and highlighted VODs have been broken for 2 days for editors.

The streamer themselves can export just fine, however the editor role gives a 403 error message with a blank white page and a followed error message that the channel is not connected to YouTube.

I've tested and replicated the bug on my channel and others where I have editor role and made sure that the channels are connected to YouTube. Refreshing the connection by disconnecting and reconnecting doesn't seem to repair the problem.

Screenshot of the error: https://imgur.com/a/y0iDB8Y

Best regards
    Cragsand

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add support for viewing squad streaming on the Android TV app and/Chromecast. This is currently not possible and I regularly watch Twitch using the Android TV app over another viewing device. I feel like I'm missing out when streamers are squad streaming and I'm on my TV instead of the web application.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Squad Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The longer a broadcaster streams, chances are that the founder badge loses its meaning. It's likely that your first subs aren't there as often now, so the chance of seeing that badge is less. This affects affiliates more since they can only have 10 founders. Think about an affiliate that has been streaming for a few years. What's the chance that their first 10 subs are still there and active in chat? It's very likely that only a couple of them are active, if any.

I propose that a new badge is created for active chatters, reviewed automatically every quarter…

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The hype train is such a cool way to show support and to get everyone in a good mood for a little while, but the emotes offered leave a lot to be desired. I believe people would be much more inclined to support a hype train if streamers were allowed to put their own custom emotes instead. No one really uses Twitch's provided hype train emotes. It would be a really good way to reward supporters by offering them permanent emotes that they would actually be excited to use.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Hype Train  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Other social networks can show you your recap from within their apps, so that would be an ideal way to do it.

A large number of people didn't receive their Twitch Recap for 2021 due to the fact that it required marketing emails enabled. There was absolutely no warning that disabling marketing email will prevent you from receiving your Recap, and last year Recaps were sent to people regardless of this setting. We at least want to be able to get our recap for 2021 if we didn't get it due to the setting.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Could there be an implementation of notifications when threshold of $100 is reached to allow Twitch Affiliates the ability to see when / around when they would receive their sub and bit money made?

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Give streamers/mods the possibility to create quizzes that involve viewers' participation; ideally for pre-shows, but not only.
    Similar to bets, questions must appear in the chat, and everyone can participate.

How it works:

CREATION

The streamer/mod compiles preliminary information about the quiz:
    - A descriptive title for the quiz
    - A participation fee (in channel points).
    - The maximum number of winners. Default is 3. At least 1. (see below for prize computation)
    Then, the streamer/mod compiles a "list" of questions. Each question must have:
    - A description (the question itself). Differently from bets, questions can be longer than 60…

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There are routing problems between Egypt and Twitch EU servers that cause frame drops (A lot ) during live streams, by using restreaming platforms FPS drops is solved, however, I lose the perks I get from streaming directly to twitch such as (VODS audio track in OBS Chat extensions) and many others.

We would like Twitch to keep taking care of the MENA region.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. So in watch parties whenever you are watching an episode towards the end you have to end the watch party and pretty much start a new one to move on to the next episode. Would be nice if it had some type of auto-play next episode or allow the streamer to select the next episode in a drop box or menu without exiting out of watch party.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Watch Parties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! This is another feature we’re investigating in order to make it easier for you to seamlessly host your Watch Parties. Our team is currently discussing auto-play, along with several other content controls.

15. It would be great if a stream team could upload a chat badge for streamers in that team.

• Showing the badge Twitch-wide, or just in the stream chats of that stream team's members, is a choice to be made.
    • If only that stream team's members' chats, it could be a generic badge, or a custom one uploaded by the team's founder. If it was Twitch-wide, it'd need to be a custom one.

This would be great for repping a stream team, and building a greater sense of team spirit. Chat bots could potentially also use these badges to…

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Streamers should get notifications when their MODs or VIPs enter their chat.

This enables the streamer to give recognition as well as take solace in knowing that the chat is being monitored.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have encountered issues where loyal viewers are unable to participate in a Watch Party because they are unable to view on a browser and only have access to my stream via the Twitch Mobile App. Watch Party compatibility on the Mobile App would be greatly beneficial to the viewers, and also streamers if they would be able to access and control Watch Parties via the Mobile Dashboard!

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Watch Parties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  Watch Party Team responded

Thanks for your suggestion! Mobile support is on our roadmap for Watch Parties, and we hope to have something to share about this later in the year.

18. I believe that the Verified Badge is misinterpreted and should definitely be reworked. I am of the opinion that this badge is interpreted as a partner badge. Because currently only partners get this badge, this should be changed in my opinion. In fact users should also qualify for this badge if they are not a partner. So that also the following users are also eligible:

• Users who are Twitch Partners.
    • Users who are Twitch Affiliates.
    • Users who are Twitch Developers.

I mean: Users who have completed the onboarding, to confirm the identity. Furthermore you could confirm the identity at twitch…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. As an exclusive user of the PC app, I am disappointed of hearing of plans to discontinue the application on PC. If that is to pass, I will consider stopping using Twitch entirely.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I think the Disconnect Protection feature is a life saver in a lot of situations - but there are times where the current 90 seconds is not enough to recover.

In a case where a computer blue screens, it feels like a race to reboot, load up the streaming software and continue the stream.

Modems that also need a reset can take 2-3 minutes to connect online, and many routers (at least that I've owned) take a long time to restart and give online access again too.

A 5 minute window would make the recovery process a lot less stressful.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?