Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Charity streams and fundraisers in which viewers are induced to Subscribe to a channel, or send a lump-sum payment directly to a Broadcaster's PayPal, unnecessarily expose streamers to liability and viewers to fraud. This practice is for the most part largely unregulated on Twitch. If Twitch is not going to moderate this practice, then I implore them to create alternative, legitimate tools for Broadcasters who wish to raise money for charity.

My suggestion is to introduce a "Charity" button similar to the "Subscribe" button, with all money going directly to a designated registered charity. This could be a page hosted…

243 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Give streamers the ability to have multiple audio channels, one for voice, and one for music. This gives them the ability to play music, and the end user the ability to either listen to that music at a level they like, or the ability to mute it altogether. Not everyone has the same taste in music, and this would also allow streamers to play their music and not have to worry about their voices being muted if they play music that's copywrited, as the music channel can just be muted if that's the case.

195 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Twitch needs to implement a community tab feature like YouTube has. Where streamers can update their viewers on schedule changes, announcements, etc. instead of hoping that your Twitch followers also follow you on another social media platform. This would be a HUGE positive addition because us streamers can keep our viewers up to date with anything that changes within our schedule. Please consider.

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Wish there was a way to find out a channel's founders--whether it would be only accessible to the streamer or to any viewer. One simple way would be to make a "/founders" chat command that would list all of the channel's founders just like /mods command. Another way is to create a place within Stream Manager for the streamer to have access to the list of their founders.
    The subscriber list you can download as an Excel file from Channel Analytics helps, but it does not list all of the founders. If a founder is not a sub for that…

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I would love to have my chat bot be able to show some emote love when a person subscribes. However, right now it seems I would need to sub to myself as my bot. It would be great if at least one bot can have a free sub like how the Affiliated streamer receive one sub.

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow streamer the option to donate all channel revenue (subs, cheers, sales) directly to a charity. For maximum transparency the money could go from Twitch directly to the charity, and ideally maybe Twitch would consider taking a lesser percentage so that more of the money gets to the charity?

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [EN] An option to pin an user's chat message as a streamer's reminder. Really useful for videogames that makes us memorize hard puzzles so we could use the chat to help us save the data.

[ES] La posibilidad de fijar el mensaje de un usuario del chat como recordatorio para el streamer. Muy útil para videojuegos donde debemos memorizar puzzles complicados y el chat nos ayuda a guardar los datos.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Could there be an implementation of notifications when threshold of $100 is reached to allow Twitch Affiliates the ability to see when / around when they would receive their sub and bit money made?

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. So for example: I give a tier 1 sub to a viewer. The streamer should be able to gift 3 subs per month to any viewer they choose but the streamer can not get revenue from it. They get 3 per month and it resets every month

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I think the Disconnect Protection feature is a life saver in a lot of situations - but there are times where the current 90 seconds is not enough to recover.

In a case where a computer blue screens, it feels like a race to reboot, load up the streaming software and continue the stream.

Modems that also need a reset can take 2-3 minutes to connect online, and many routers (at least that I've owned) take a long time to restart and give online access again too.

A 5 minute window would make the recovery process a lot less stressful.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. There are several channels streaming pets or animals but there is no category for streamers like us.

Animal-streamers have mostly been getting around this by choosing games with "pets" or "animals" in the name as a category.

When streaming from a mobile device the app does not allow you to select game categories so you're stuck with a bunch of IRL categories that do not fit your stream.

We'd love to have our own IRL category.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Pretty straight forward. There are a lot of streamers that cannot use Soundtrack because they use Windows 7/8/8.1.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. My suggestion is to create an "Active Followers" statistic which tracks the number of followers who have re-visited a channel in the past 30 days that can be understood as a single number and discussed as the more important number, for example "The channel you are watching has 1000 followers, 200 of them active".

Currently: the bare count of a channel's followers provided is not as helpful as it could be.... does not help communicate to streamers and their viewers how well channel is doing with building and maintaining a community, as the bare Follower count includes people who followed…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The feature in channel analytics -- "What categories do my viewers like to watch?" -- seems like it does not update daily. But, in general, we could use more information and focus on this, period.

Regarding the first request, can we get assurance this is updated daily, and if not can we make it daily? Knowing what our viewers like to watch and being able to continue to serve that is, perhaps, the most important metric of all. Having observed the metrics, it appears to me this data get a weekly refresh and then is only an average of those…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I use subtitles while broadcasting, this way I can communicate with deaf friends, I think a plug-in should be added for broadcasters who use these programs in my filter section and add a plug-in in twitch.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Currently, unnamed clips default to the stream title making lots of clips the same exact title. These clips remain unwatched most of the time, and are usually painstakingly removed by hand by the streamer.

Making it required to give the clip a name before it is saved would cut back on junk clips.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I would love to be able to auto export my VODs to YouTube. I know it's a 3rd party platform and we already have a way to export manually but a auto export feature would save time!

Maybe have it have "general settings" where you can public/private the VOD or just have it automatic upload to private on YouTube if setup by the streamer!

Just an idea
    Vaughn

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Hello, In light of JK Rowlings constant reminders that she hates trans people, trans women specifically, I think this is a good opportunity to change the image partners receive when accepted to something that isn't a Harry Potter reference. It would be wonderful if it is either a reference to a trans woman's work or made by a trans person. Maybe a matrix reference?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It's SUCH an amazing feature and I could see SO much use for this for normal streams (like dev streams, where you could have one view exclusively on the code, or such things).

PLEASE make this available to normal streams.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Maybe We Can Add Customizable VIP/Mod Badges

Like Sub And Bit Badges Maybe we can have custum VIP and Mod badges.

The Mod Badges Could Be Like What Tricky Time Tree Says ( https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/923383-creators-and-stream-features/suggestions/41947498-tiers-of-mods ) He made some sketches, even if its custom one from twitch (Tricky Time Tree Made some good ones) where we can pick what color we want them to be.
    We can do the same with VIP badges, It has the same design but different colors.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?