Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

52 results found

1. Allow streamer to pause the video for everyone. Especially useful for Movies so you have have a break to go to the bathroom/stretch.

194 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out with your suggestion. We’re currently investigating all kinds of different content controls, including the ability to pause a Watch Party

2. So in watch parties whenever you are watching an episode towards the end you have to end the watch party and pretty much start a new one to move on to the next episode. Would be nice if it had some type of auto-play next episode or allow the streamer to select the next episode in a drop box or menu without exiting out of watch party.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! This is another feature we’re investigating in order to make it easier for you to seamlessly host your Watch Parties. Our team is currently discussing auto-play, along with several other content controls.

3. I have encountered issues where loyal viewers are unable to participate in a Watch Party because they are unable to view on a browser and only have access to my stream via the Twitch Mobile App. Watch Party compatibility on the Mobile App would be greatly beneficial to the viewers, and also streamers if they would be able to access and control Watch Parties via the Mobile Dashboard!

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  Watch Party Team responded

Thanks for your suggestion! Mobile support is on our roadmap for Watch Parties, and we hope to have something to share about this later in the year.

4. Anime fans and streamers have long been waiting for the day when a streaming platform allowed this to happen, and seeing how the current partnership with Amazon with Watch Parties is doing, it might not be so far fetched after all. It would be extremely cool, if you one day partnered with Crunchyroll or Funimation for Watch Parties! It would be the coolest thing ever, especially with everyone staying home due to the Covid-19 epidemic! Imagine the viewing experience! Anime nights would finally be possible!

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! We’ve recently made the entire Prime Video catalog available in Watch Parties, which includes thousands of movies and television shows (including lots of anime).

We are also looking into partnering with other content providers to add even more content to Watch Parties.

5. One of the complaints that I received during one of my recent watch party streams is that a viewers messages were never appearing in chat. This was because they did not have a valid prime subscription. My recommendation would be to treat the watch party like a subscriber only stream and/or like a VOD for the duration of the watch party and lift those restrictions when the watch party isn't happening. It would also be nice if there was something to tell them to connect their prime account or direct them on how to get prime so that they can…

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We appreciate the feedback! Our team is currently working on various designs to make it easier to onboard new Prime subscribers. Keep an eye out over the next few weeks for those new user flows!

6. While streaming last night, my stream lost connection and had to restart it about 10 mins later. I wasn't able to resume the movie where I had left off so having a scroll bar/jog bar or even chapters would greatly help in the event of lost connections as it stinks having to restart a movie/show from the very beginning due to something that can't be controlled.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the frustration. There are lots of different content controls that we’re investigating for our future roadmap, and we will add this one to the list!

• Take away region lock from watch parties.

• Allow subs to watch along, even without prime!

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback, we’re working on making Watch Parties available to our global community in the coming months. Stay tuned for more!

7. It is a great idea but a failed launch. It kicks people out of the watch party, and leaves a silent window with just you in their with the watch party. Unless you have a good scene, it can be embarrassing and low grade quality to not allow others to be in the party.

I stopped the film because I lost all of my viewers after I switched over to Watch Parties from a "just chatting" while I was gathering a crowd to watch the show. However, this app forces people to sign up for Prime, or start a trial.…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. We will keep it in mind as we plan our upcoming releases.

8. I hope their will come support for Watch Partys on Android TV App for Devices like Fire TV and the Nvidia Shield TV. IT would be also nice if u can add the feature to Consoles like PS4 and Xbox One

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. One idea from one of my community members was that they would like to know what is being watched and where in the video we are. That way, they don't jump into random streams at a random position and get spoiled by something in a movie that they haven't seen yet.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Deferred  ·  0 comments  ·  Watch Parties  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When watching a TV Series (such as Made in Abyss), it would be nice to have a "Start next episode" button somewhere, possibly when the credits start to roll. The current process for playing the next episode is as follows:

1. Go back to the Creator's Dashboard
    2. End/Cancel the current watch party (or wait for it to end)
    3. Start a new watch party
    4. Scroll all the way down to the episode that you want, then click it
    5. Select the season that you want to watch
    6. Hope you remember what episode that you just finished so that you can select the next…
    18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out with your suggestion. We’re currently investigating all kinds of different content controls, and where we can add them to our product roadmap.

11. I was recently watching a vod of a watch party in the hope to be able to get the "watch party feeling" with having prime video and the twitch vod like in a normal watch party synced.

Sadly this feature is not implemented

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Give the ability to fast forward content.
    for instance if a stream is cut off due to an internet problem and the stream has to restart the watch party from the beginning

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We’re currently investigating all kinds of different content controls, including the ability to fast forward and rewind a Watch Party. This is a great suggestion as we continue to build out our roadmap for the rest of the year.

13. The Ad money can go to amazon in exchange for letting non prime viewers join the watch party. They would be essentially paying amazon for a a very specific viewing. I hate the idea that I have to exclude non prime viewers in order to do a watch party.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. At this time, Ads are not supported in Watch Parties. We will let you know if this is added to our roadmap

14. Have the promo image of the show or movie the watch party is for on the Stream preview. This will make it quicker for viewers to glance through the Watch party streams and see which ones they may want to check out

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ve passed this along to the product team to look into as we continue shaping the product roadmap.

15. It would be nice if you could add the ability to watch a VOD and have the Watch Party play along. This way people could watch at a later time.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I know you guys are working on bringing Watch Parties globally . Just a question whether India is in the Roadmap. as connecting amazon prime to twitch hasn't been a thing for indian viewers just yet :)

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yes, India is on our roadmap! We’re working on making Watch Parties available to our global community in the coming months.

17. Not an idea but I noticed I can't access Watch Party with an Amazon teen account. There is only a popup message that says "Your login can only be used on the Amazon Shopping app, or by logging in to Amazon.com online" Not sure if this is amazons problem or twitches but I hope this can be fixed!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. So I did my first watch party this past Friday and it was pretty fun and I was pretty excited about it. However, having to go to my Prime video, find a title, and then check if it was broadly available is very frustrating. It would be nice if the search tool was more robust so I could filter by country/region, and then browse for a title that sounds interesting since I know the countries my viewers are from due to the analytics. Thanks!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please add Rock of Love (all seasons) to watch parties. We're currently watching Flavor of Love s3 and need Rock of Love in our lives. This may be the MOST important thing in our lives right now. No pressure.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, we expect to expand to the entire catalog of titles available to Prime members later this year. Stay tuned!

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?