Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

102 results found

1. Currently the Raid Channel button on the Creator Dashboard only lists live channels that the streamer is following. This is just helping to make the large channels larger and gain more viewers/followers, while smaller channels with not as many followers get left behind. There should be an option for small streamers (say, about 50 or less concurrent viewers) to "opt in" for discovery so they have a chance to be listed as a "suggested streamer" when a streamer clicks that Raid Channel button.

Just going to note this here, too: About 90% of the streamers I follow and whose content…

741 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Investigating  ·  17 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I love the new dashboard, BUT I need to see the channel I want to raid AFTER the raid.

Raided channels and their viewers interact and say thank you, I need to see that after the raid to say hi and such

424 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  6 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Give an option to flag your twitch that you're ending soon and wish not to be the target of a raid. Often times I see streamers get raided close to when they would be ending and are put in a position to have to either a) stream longer than they wanted to or b) be overly apologetic out of guilt, especially if it was a sizable raid. I think it would make a nice feature for the creator dashboard quick actions.

364 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Having a random floating bar is very intrusive. The currently hosted channel should be shown in activity (or somewhere, anyway, maybe a dedicated panel) instead.

347 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  3 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I think a user-profile option to disable automatic joining of a raid would be a useful feature. Some channels have various reasons or incentives to staying in offline chat and sometimes you can't catch the whole stream and can't opt-out of the raid.

327 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Give streamers or their moderators the ability to accept or deny incoming raids, with a default state to be set by the streamer. At the moment streamers can choose to only be raided by friends or teammates, which increases safety at the cost of discoverability. This will give some peace of mind in the midst of hate raiders.

Alternatively, a moderator command to "Purge all raiders", if a raid has been malicious - a one stop shop to time out / ban all accounts that came in with a recent raid.

323 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Can you please explain your reasoning for the choice to make raiders not count as true viewership and how you suggest smaller facets of streaming like small art categories such as the miniature painting streams, who make up a large portion of streams but do not draw massive viewership because of the niche market, yet we struggle to meet your hidden criteria for partnership. What does it actually take to get partnership and how can you help those of us in smaller communities to reach partnership? Also, when the select few of us in smaller communities reach the 75 concurrent…

196 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Streamers should be able to restrict raids from recently created accounts (e.g., streamer-specified thresholds of 10 minutes, 1 day, 1 week, etc.)

This is useful to combat repeated harassment from people who create new accounts with inappropriate names to raid into channels (esp. of marginalized communities)

While restricting raids to only channels the streamer follows is a possible band-aid, this substantially hampers growth (i.e., cure is worse than the disease) when this account age restriction would solve the trolls we are currently receiving

156 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I been seeing a ton of people raiding under 5 viewers as due to a recent change, they don't show up. I feel that that little action that says "all raids " in the settings under channel should be all raids, not only 5 or more ( if it is gonna be 5 or more maybe make it a setting "5 or more raiders" . I feel streamers should be the one to choose if this is a change is something for their channel.

That's my personal opinion I just feel horrible not seeing someone raid when and due to…

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In light of the hate raids, I have been using the option to only allow raids from channels I follow. However, this is not the ideal option since it prevents being able to connect with other, genuine streamers that I may not currently know.

It would be nice to have more filters for who can raid your stream. I think a great option would be "only allow raids from affiliates and partners" or "only allow raids from accounts that are x days old". This will help prevent others from making an account just to immediately hate raiding a stream.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When raiding/hosting a channel, the list of channels you follow should have a scroll option again. It currently only shows people you follow with the top 5 most viewers.

I used to be able to scroll down and choose smaller streamers to host but that isn't possible anymore for some reason.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  7 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When starting a raid, it is useful to join the raid so that the streamer can interact with the raided streamer and chat room.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  3 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make the stream automatically end when the raid moves to the next channel. Or at least make it a setting where the default is the stream ends after the raid. End awkward AFK streams of streamers who don't realize the stream is still running.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. What if @twitch communities could “Air Drop” Bits, Gift Subs, Donations etc. during a raid?

A Streamer starts a raid & a timer begins & the viewers from the channel raiding “Fill the Air Drop” (A Crate/Giftbox etc.) & AFTER the raid begins but BEFORE the support drops, Twitch sends an alert to the top of the chat of channel being raided indicating ”Air Drop Incoming!” w/ a countdown timer & pic/gif of the Crate/Giftbox w/ a parachute attached to it & when the countdown hits 0, ALL that support drops into the chat of the (small 🥺) channel being…

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The new /raid feature is great for channel networking as hosting has always been, but both can be problematic for many viewers. It would be convenient for the User Settings page to be updated with a set of opt out settings for both raids and hosts. If a user opts out of raids, they will be considered to automatically click "Leave" at the end of any raid countdown timer. If they opt out of hosts, hosted channels will not load unless the viewer intentionally presses the "Play" button.

Raids and Hosting present problems for:

1) Temporarily AFK viewers during the…

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Give us a way to set a list of streams we do or do not wish to receive raids from.

Currently the only options for limiting raids are

Allow all raids,
    Only allow raids from friends, teammates, and followed channels,
    & Block all raids.

Occasionally raids from particular communities my prove disruptive for the receiving community, and we may not wish to take the step of banning the streamer outright. Being able to specify specific streams we do or do not wish to receive raids from would allow us a greater deal of control without resorting to the heavier step…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Would be nicer if the button could give an reason for the "Raid Stop" button

Like "This channel closed the raid due is ending the stream" because is a bit ankward to raid a person and the answer be the generic "raid settings do not allow you to raid at this time".

The raider could think this channel doesn't want ANY raid at all and never come back ever.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please fix the issue with large portions of chat not going over on raids. Even me, the streamer, is left behind half the time, maybe more. We have resorted to having to shout out the streamer before raiding out, which is just one more thing to have to do. And it's not inactive chatters getting left behind... I'll be sitting there and people will be typing "Did I get left behind?". So, I'll say "Yep, please click the link guys". Then by the time I get into the raided streamers chat... they're already talking about themselves and the greetings are…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Maybe by using the raid channel/Host a channel buttons we can have a tab where we have the CHOICE to raid people from our follower list AND a tab to choose from people that are streaming the same category as us that we don't necessarily follow.

This way we can host other viewers that are streaming the same thing as us and reach out to communities of the same size.

If we can only host/raid people we follow, the potential for growth stagnates.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  0 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Raids at any point during a stream can significantly alter the statistics for that stream over time, and changes the meaning of those statistics. As such they ought to be represented on the graph on the Stream Summary page.

For example, the bar representing the 5 min chunk where a raid occurred should be a different color than the rest, and hovering over it, which now brings up "Average Viewers: #" should also include "Raid (username): #"

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?