Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

57 results found

1. Twitch has asked us to hold them accountable and we have been met with a wall of silence accompanied by shadow changes like the ones made to auto-hosts.

Twitch must communicate to creators with transparency about the plans and the data that leads to them. Without streamers there is no Twitch. We deserve to be able to ask questions and voice concerns about potential changes to the platform that we make possible.

These are the changes we would like to see:

1. Allow for comment periods in advance of finalizing rollouts of changes to existing features.

2. Provide open access to data…

480 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have recently tested your new viewer count algorithms and have found results that point to two simultaneous streams are allowed only... not a 'handful'(?) as you stated on twitter?
    I believe this will make things impossible for the smaller streamers and hurt Twitch a little bit too in the long run.

The smaller streamers are basically the collateral damage in this as most streamers on twitch have a slow moving all important chat until they get into the 100s of viewers. Most of the viewers that do stay behind will usually have multiple streams open as their main, whilst…

416 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sub points should be accumulated & not get expired along with expired subs as it helps streamers to unlock emote slots quicker. And with more emotes available, potential subscribers would be more enticed to sub or continue their subscription.

Looking at "expired" sub points on our partnered dashboard not only demoralized streamers before the start of each stream, we'd get less interested to help promote subscription to our viewers & would encourage direct donation instead.

My current subpoints which unlocked 24 emotes is now at 366/1,000 because 600+ gifted subs expired this month. I don't see how I could get…

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Take away the 24 hour exclusivity rule for affiliates. It stops growth for many people and hurts everybody in the long run.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We’re experimenting with cues as a way to help streamers while they're live. Follow cues are a feature that reminds streamers to tell viewers to follow when they are live. Timing of these reminders are based on real-time data that tells us when the percentage of viewers not following you is higher than usual. We are testing location of these cues in either Chat or Activity Feed.
    We look forward to hearing your feedback!

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. After receiving a notification about the changes to the Twitch Terms of Service on 6/6/2023, it is clear that there are changes that greatly affect streamers and how they are able to earn an income through the Twitch platform. Before I begin, I highly recommend that Twitch consider creating a way to be able to highlight changes made to their Terms of Service when they are updated, as there was no indication of WHAT changed specifically until I saw a thread on social media explaining it. This is an easy fix to a frustration that many have when a website's…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Twitch needs to investigate the games that their affiliate requests are playing before handing out Affiliates. There are people who stream private servers who are getting affiliate status when they are in fact breaking Twitch rules!

It is written in Twitch's community guidelines that "Unauthorized Content Sharing & Other Copyright Violations
    Uploading any content that you do not own, do not have the rights to, or are otherwise not authorized to use, violates our Terms of Service and may make your account liable to DMCA takedowns by third-party rights holders. We do not tolerate, for example: rebroadcasting other Twitch broadcasters’…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Nowadays there are lots of content creators on Twitch with follower/subscriber camps of sizes that easily outnumber those of some who have already reached their partner status. Yet, these persons still struggle after years (if not decades) of streaming to cross the required average viewer boundary which would grant them considerably wider possibilites to fascinate the audiences of theirs and other people.
    I've heard from them that if their follower camp would watch their stream at the same time, they already were partners. That is a fact that it is not a simple task for such amount of people with…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Cozy games are often indie projects and rarely get popular to the point that people are manually searching for them on twitch. I suggest we get a Cozy Gaming category so everyone can browse for cozy streams. Cozy gaming is a niche sector women and lgbtq+ people had to carve out for themselves in the industry and I hope with time it will bring more people in ❤🥺 As of right now, it's hard to find cozy streamers on twitch. I find most of them on tiktok because the algorithm makes it easier for me. I know we can have…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Right now, if you are not broadcasting and join someone else's Stream Together, you will not show up in your followers' feeds as "live": you show up fine as a +1 for the host of the stream, as well as the other live participants, but your own followers have no idea of your involvement in these streams on their follower feed unless you start your own broadcast (which is bad in certain scenarios, that I will expand upon in a bit).

Hence why I suggest that if you are not "live", but still participating in a Stream Together session, you…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Clicking "Leave" to stay on the channel is misleading :)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Text-to-speech is a great feature of the Twitch alerts integration. However, when viewers trigger an alert that uses TTS on my channel, the integration does NOT read out emotes. Instead of hearing "fletch61Heart" read out, the text is skipped. I'd like an option to enable / disable reading of Twitch emotes so that broadcasters can choose for themselves what gets read during alert messages.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hi,
    I have the viewer streak feature on my stream and noticed the streak only starts when missing a stream first.
    It would be nice to have the streak start even for viewer who didn't miss any stream.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Some of us are exceptional but need a direct line to those with influence within management structure.

Some of us are more valuable for other reasons rather than just a streamer and we are going to waste. You should have people hunting for that sort of person of whom can be a tremendous creative asset to your functionality and increase revenue.

I've been wasting away on social media for 5 years now. I'm not socially acceptable, not a picture perfect marketable product for the likes of Facebook, Twitter and YouTube but a valuable product nevertheless. Just going to waste over…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Why the **** you won't add in Twitch app A CONFIRMATION to unfollow.
    You know this PROBLEM exists since 2015 and you did nothing to fix it.

Problem occurs when you click on user nick and you accidentally click unfollow, it resets your time and make everyone feel bad.

Fix it *********.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hello Reader, I hope all is well.

So im a streamer on twitch and my name is zwrks (Jaxx) ive been streaming on twitch for almost 7 years now and i have always loved the platform for the support that is given from the support team and how supportive they are,

However.

I have noticed since 2021 there has seemingly been and overall issues in the ability for me to grow on twitch, i stream 50-80 hours a week with an overall interaction of 0 new viewers and only my old viewer returning into the streams or friends that i…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 40% OF YOUR DEMOGRAPHIC IS CHILDREN AND YOU ARE PROMOTING *********** TO CHILDREN AT A YOUNG AGE. REVERSE YOUR LATEST POLICY.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Basically this share stream button is another way to help your favorite streamers grow their community big or small. Each viewer get to share 1 time every 30 minutes so that will be 2 shares a hour. One share disappear each hour so viewers have to keep sharing in order to keep the stream popular. In a separate tab on twitch, you click to see which streamers are hot commodities. The total number of shares receive a flame beside it. The more shares, the bigger the flame get. You can filter by game category to help with interest or you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fix the stream tag thing 'cause it doesn't work on my twitch app, and it frequently crashes during streaming so optimize it more. Fix the bugs, that's all!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Twitch Stream Together doesn't seem to be working right. My guest's cam feed is showing black/not sharing their video. It was working - and then it went black.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?