Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I have recently tested your new viewer count algorithms and have found results that point to two simultaneous streams are allowed only... not a 'handful'(?) as you stated on twitter?
    I believe this will make things impossible for the smaller streamers and hurt Twitch a little bit too in the long run.

The smaller streamers are basically the collateral damage in this as most streamers on twitch have a slow moving all important chat until they get into the 100s of viewers. Most of the viewers that do stay behind will usually have multiple streams open as their main, whilst…

279 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. With the growing software developer communities on Twitch, we would like to add some tags to help with discoverability. Please consider the following tags:

• Desktop Development

• Programming Language: C#

• Programming Language: C++

• Programming Language: F#

• Programming Language: Java

• Programming Language: JavaScript

• Programming Language: Python

• Programming Language: Rust

• Programming Language: PHP

• Unity

There may be more that we should consider, but this is a start. I'll defer to commenters for more tag ideas.

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sub points should be accumulated & not get expired along with expired subs as it helps streamers to unlock emote slots quicker. And with more emotes available, potential subscribers would be more enticed to sub or continue their subscription.

Looking at "expired" sub points on our partnered dashboard not only demoralized streamers before the start of each stream, we'd get less interested to help promote subscription to our viewers & would encourage direct donation instead.

My current subpoints which unlocked 24 emotes is now at 366/1,000 because 600+ gifted subs expired this month. I don't see how I could get…

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Twitch needs to investigate the games that their affiliate requests are playing before handing out Affiliates. There are people who stream private servers who are getting affiliate status when they are in fact breaking Twitch rules!

It is written in Twitch's community guidelines that "Unauthorized Content Sharing & Other Copyright Violations
    Uploading any content that you do not own, do not have the rights to, or are otherwise not authorized to use, violates our Terms of Service and may make your account liable to DMCA takedowns by third-party rights holders. We do not tolerate, for example: rebroadcasting other Twitch broadcasters’…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. In regards to emote count, the price tag for tier 2 and 3 isn't really justified with 1 extra emote for affiliates and 5 extra for partners. Where the price doubles, then more than quadruples, it'd be great to see the emote count reflect that more. Maybe affiliates could get an extra tier 2&3 slot every other sub-point milestone, and partners get an extra slot for all tiers with each milestone. This seems like an easy way to add more value to the higher tiers and thus provide more incentive.

Thanks for your consideration!
    thaef

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sometimes I'd like to bulk gift subs to a stream, but I'd prefer such subs go to followers among the viewers and/or current viewers to reward regulars and people currently engaged in the stream.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I see twitch streamers are getting some attention when joining Twitch Affiliate. So why not Twitch uploads too? This requirement for twitch uploads to join twitch affiliate should be the second option just in case for some twitch users who don't stream that much! (Like me of course)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I would love for Mods to be able to receive revenue separately from the broadcasters. I also think that the broadcaster should be able to choose which Mod should receive a payout also. Mods are very Important to the channel and should be recognized, appreciated, and rewarded as well. I always thank my mods for all of their hard work and support, and I think that with all of the hate and racist and homophobic trolls on twitch, a thank you is sometimes just not enough for the hard work they do to protect Us while streaming.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a category for Project 1999 Everquest as it it NOT the actual real game and it's an emulated version, the Everquest category is FULL of emulator streams.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I'm all for working hard. There is a sense of absolute pride when you finally succeed after a very long time of hard work and finally hitting the finish line. And my finish line is being able to become affiliate!

But the "Average of 3 viewers" is very bothersome, as well for a few others I have talked to.

I can never tell what it's doing. One minute is almost at .80/3, next thing I know I'm almost back at the beginning. I've got 3 people who automatically host me, I've had random hosts as well, I've had raids before,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Me gustaría darle más oportunidad a esos canales se ganan la vida con el afiliado, cobrar un poco más por las subs y bits, gracias

ByAndo17

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it so you can “tag” things like other people. So you can do “Playing with @mmattbtw” and the part that says “@mmattbtw” is a hyperlink that goes to said channel.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Integration with Amazon Music so Unlimited subscribers can stream music on their Twitch channel without getting flagged/muted. If it requires an additional fee to cover licensing etc, so be it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add more categories so people can find streamers doing things they are interested in, try and break up all the just chatting streamers so they have more specific things to say what they are streaming. I’d like a Graphic Design category personally.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. We need a planting category on twitch for miranacosplay. So please add "just planting"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. As a moderator for a speedrunning channel we often play the same game many times over the course of weeks or months. It would be a significant feature improvement to allow mods to save some "pre-set" predictions as opposed to only saving the most recent ones.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. why is there no Serbian language when setting up the stream language? will the Serbian language add to twitch? I would like to stream in my native language.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. better and faster twitch for everyone if they are not partner (no copy and paste messages) and no priority system. meaning everyone should be treated equal when it comes to support cause most times i submitted tickets they would get closed as a duplicate which means that it never got looked at even though three times it was a different ticket so would it be better to hire more staff for support tickets or get rid of the old ones who can't do the job anymore and hire more motivated ones who are interested in the job

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Its bad when I cannot put my language on twitch like I have to stream on "other"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I mean, the Twitch Support system sucks. For a big company in the biggest conglomerate in the world, I would've expected decent support.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?