Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Twitch has asked us to hold them accountable and we have been met with a wall of silence accompanied by shadow changes like the ones made to auto-hosts.

Twitch must communicate to creators with transparency about the plans and the data that leads to them. Without streamers there is no Twitch. We deserve to be able to ask questions and voice concerns about potential changes to the platform that we make possible.

These are the changes we would like to see:

1. Allow for comment periods in advance of finalizing rollouts of changes to existing features.

2. Provide open access to data…

318 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make squad stream available to affiliates???

Surely the idea of streaming is to have fun and share things with people???

You'd be more likely to grow to an average 75 viewers with the help of being able to stream alongside someone else.

Just seems a tad backwards to me, seems as, now I want to stream less in order to get my average numbers up, so that I can make partner, to then stream alongside my partners and co-streamers!

2,694 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Squad Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Twitch needs to implement a community tab feature like YouTube has. Where streamers can update their viewers on schedule changes, announcements, etc. instead of hoping that your Twitch followers also follow you on another social media platform. This would be a HUGE positive addition because us streamers can keep our viewers up to date with anything that changes within our schedule. Please consider.

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Members of a stream team get a custom badge in chat.

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Just got the e-mail saying i was part of this test and I can already tell you it's a bad idea. A 50/50 split on a one-time event? Why would anyone prefer this to a gift sub that grants your emotes to someone for an entire month? If you're going to take half either way, why would any reasonable person choose the less impactful reward?

It's an interesting idea, but making it cost bits instead of taking 50% of the cost would be a better use of the feature.

427 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

133 comments  ·  Celebrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. We’ve heard feedback from the community that it can be difficult to understand when and why a Hype Train appears in a channel. To improve this experience, we are experimenting with a new feature that lets communities know when a Hype Train is near, and communicates how many support events, including subs, sub gifts or Bits usage, from unique users are required to kick it off. The “Hype Train is Near” notification appears in chat when the community is within one to three actions of kicking off a Hype Train, depending on the kickoff threshold set by the streamer. The…

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Looking for Feedback  ·  26 comments  ·  Hype Train  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Auto Hosts NEED to be on the "Live" in order for them to work as intended.

Basically auto hosts won't have any effect on viewer count as they are now after the changes. I had a group of underrated streamers on mine that could have really felt the impact of the dozen or so hard lurkers that always have my channel page open. This just makes it even harder to support small streamers, and HURTS discoverability. On the flip-side of this I had a few REALLY big streamers/ YouTubers that had me on their auto host list and literally every…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Hosts and Auto-Hosts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Issues have arisen on Twitch lately that have been the result of some security holes/exploits in how the site works as well as a lack of knowledge by newer streamers on the platform (through no fault of their own) on best practices to keep themselves safe.

A solution that may solve both problems - new accounts that wish to receive a Stream Key should have to complete Creator Camp courses on a selection of topics. The key could be rendered immediately or on a 24-48 hour delay.

Twitch gets a win out of it, because it doesn't hamper the experience…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Onboarding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can you please explain your reasoning for the choice to make raiders not count as true viewership and how you suggest smaller facets of streaming like small art categories such as the miniature painting streams, who make up a large portion of streams but do not draw massive viewership because of the niche market, yet we struggle to meet your hidden criteria for partnership. What does it actually take to get partnership and how can you help those of us in smaller communities to reach partnership? Also, when the select few of us in smaller communities reach the 75 concurrent…

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. We are experimenting with a new feature that adds chat animations to Hype Train level achievements. When Hype Trains are close to reaching the next level, unlockable emotes will begin to simmer up from the community highlight at the top of chat. Viewers who contributed toward the Hype Train will receive these emotes as level milestones are achieved. When a given level reaches 100%, emotes will rain down from the Hype Train animation at the top of chat to mark the moment and add to hype in the channel. Should viewers prefer a more muted experience, they can lower the…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Looking for Feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Hype Train  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. [EN] An option to pin an user's chat message as a streamer's reminder. Really useful for videogames that makes us memorize hard puzzles so we could use the chat to help us save the data.

[ES] La posibilidad de fijar el mensaje de un usuario del chat como recordatorio para el streamer. Muy útil para videojuegos donde debemos memorizar puzzles complicados y el chat nos ayuda a guardar los datos.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Instead of asking our viewers to choose between fun and promoting the stream, make the boost passive and based on ANY points spent during a stream.

As it stands, the system is creating a conflict of interest - particularly for channels that are solely powered on Channel Points.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Boost This Stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. We want to know who our twitch managers are, and an easy way to contact them, either via discord, or email. More transparent way to chat with our questions, not only for the big streamers, but also for the minorities from small countires like Bulgaria and such. We love the platform, we just want to be in touch with the people responsible for our region.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Onboarding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. if the boost feature is added, won’t it benefit bigger streamers rather than smaller ones? i think it needs to be beneficial for them too.

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Boost This Stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. There are several channels streaming pets or animals but there is no category for streamers like us.

Animal-streamers have mostly been getting around this by choosing games with "pets" or "animals" in the name as a category.

When streaming from a mobile device the app does not allow you to select game categories so you're stuck with a bunch of IRL categories that do not fit your stream.

We'd love to have our own IRL category.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Wish there was a way to find out a channel's founders--whether it would be only accessible to the streamer or to any viewer. One simple way would be to make a "/founders" chat command that would list all of the channel's founders just like /mods command. Another way is to create a place within Stream Manager for the streamer to have access to the list of their founders.
    The subscriber list you can download as an Excel file from Channel Analytics helps, but it does not list all of the founders. If a founder is not a sub for that…

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. This launch of Creator Goals is just the beginning by giving creators a way to set goals and show them to their community. However, we know there’s so much more to build. We see opportunities to enable deeper customization, advanced settings, and more community interaction. You can find more information at our help article here: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/creator-goals

We’d love to hear your thoughts and suggestions on how we can improve Creator Goals on Twitch.

Thank you for your ongoing support and feedback!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Looking for Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Creator Goals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I use subtitles while broadcasting, this way I can communicate with deaf friends, I think a plug-in should be added for broadcasters who use these programs in my filter section and add a plug-in in twitch.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I have noticed that the recent changes made to auto hosting has appeared to have removed auto hosting stream team members, this isn't a good look, as many of us liked being able to have other team members featured on our channels when we're not live, and depending on how many members are on the selected team, allowing us to have somebody auto hosted with virtually no gaps, which really went far with helping smaller streamers on the team get some degree of spotlight, and even a slight bump up their directory if hosted by a streamer who still had…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hosts and Auto-Hosts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Baiting Twitch users to pay money on behalf of their favorite streamers to boost discoverability is a bad idea and an unethical idea. It only unfairly furthers an existing advantage over other channels by exploiting community members’ good faith willingness to pay to support the streamer, and it does not make up for any deeper existing discoverability and usability failings. There is a consensus on social media that users understand this is a detriment to Twitch overall. If it doesn’t work as intended, they are wasting their money. But if it does work as intended, it greatly compromises the integrity…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Boost This Stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?