Creators and Stream Features

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Just got the e-mail saying i was part of this test and I can already tell you it's a bad idea. A 50/50 split on a one-time event? Why would anyone prefer this to a gift sub that grants your emotes to someone for an entire month? If you're going to take half either way, why would any reasonable person choose the less impactful reward?

It's an interesting idea, but making it cost bits instead of taking 50% of the cost would be a better use of the feature.

395 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

132 comments  ·  Celebrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [EN] An option to pin an user's chat message as a streamer's reminder. Really useful for videogames that makes us memorize hard puzzles so we could use the chat to help us save the data.

[ES] La posibilidad de fijar el mensaje de un usuario del chat como recordatorio para el streamer. Muy útil para videojuegos donde debemos memorizar puzzles complicados y el chat nos ayuda a guardar los datos.

63 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. With the growing software developer communities on Twitch, we would like to add some tags to help with discoverability. Please consider the following tags:

• Desktop Development

• Programming Language: C#

• Programming Language: C++

• Programming Language: F#

• Programming Language: Java

• Programming Language: JavaScript

• Programming Language: Python

• Programming Language: Rust

• Programming Language: PHP

• Unity

There may be more that we should consider, but this is a start. I'll defer to commenters for more tag ideas.

127 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I have recently tested your new viewer count algorithms and have found results that point to two simultaneous streams are allowed only... not a 'handful'(?) as you stated on twitter?
    I believe this will make things impossible for the smaller streamers and hurt Twitch a little bit too in the long run.

The smaller streamers are basically the collateral damage in this as most streamers on twitch have a slow moving all important chat until they get into the 100s of viewers. Most of the viewers that do stay behind will usually have multiple streams open as their main, whilst…

264 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The feature in channel analytics -- "What categories do my viewers like to watch?" -- seems like it does not update daily. But, in general, we could use more information and focus on this, period.

Regarding the first request, can we get assurance this is updated daily, and if not can we make it daily? Knowing what our viewers like to watch and being able to continue to serve that is, perhaps, the most important metric of all. Having observed the metrics, it appears to me this data get a weekly refresh and then is only an average of those…

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow streamer to pause the video for everyone. Especially useful for Movies so you have have a break to go to the bathroom/stretch.

74 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Watch Parties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. It's SUCH an amazing feature and I could see SO much use for this for normal streams (like dev streams, where you could have one view exclusively on the code, or such things).

PLEASE make this available to normal streams.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. we should have a more flexible calendar tool to set our stream not everyone has an agenda fixed monday to sunday. I have my schedule for month from now , but i can't say every monday i can stream. PLEASE add ponctual stream option!

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Recently Twitch may have pushed an update so that raid alerts only activate if there are at least 5 people in the raid. People only learnt about this after a streamer sent a support ticket in about the issue for their own channel, and was responded with "You will need more viewers for the notification to be sent out." On top of this, they may have also pushed an update that ignores hosts of 1 person in the past. Since we only have a mans word and a few pictures to work with, there's no guarantee that this is a…

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. So in watch parties whenever you are watching an episode towards the end you have to end the watch party and pretty much start a new one to move on to the next episode. Would be nice if it had some type of auto-play next episode or allow the streamer to select the next episode in a drop box or menu without exiting out of watch party.

41 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Watch Parties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! This is another feature we’re investigating in order to make it easier for you to seamlessly host your Watch Parties. Our team is currently discussing auto-play, along with several other content controls.

11. I have encountered issues where loyal viewers are unable to participate in a Watch Party because they are unable to view on a browser and only have access to my stream via the Twitch Mobile App. Watch Party compatibility on the Mobile App would be greatly beneficial to the viewers, and also streamers if they would be able to access and control Watch Parties via the Mobile Dashboard!

36 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Watch Parties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow the opportunity for viewers to suggest their favorite streamer as a featured streamer for a day. This would only be available to streamers who have Affiliate Status and an average viewer rating of less than 75. I think this would help smaller streamers get their name out there to help them make Partner Status. This resets monthly and a viewer can only vote for a streamer one time per month.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Having a celebration using some confettis and effects on the stream is a great idea altogether, although, you're missing one thing :

That can be done. FOR FREE. Kappagen and Emote Walls already exist, so people already have access to a "free celebration" already.

Moreover, one "small" celebration is the price of a monthly sub. Somebody used it on stream and their first reaction was "I instantly regret it.", making me wanting to remove the function altogether from the channel. I want to make people smile, not have them sad at an overpriced function.

Also, people have to "pay" to…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Celebrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. One of the complaints that I received during one of my recent watch party streams is that a viewers messages were never appearing in chat. This was because they did not have a valid prime subscription. My recommendation would be to treat the watch party like a subscriber only stream and/or like a VOD for the duration of the watch party and lift those restrictions when the watch party isn't happening. It would also be nice if there was something to tell them to connect their prime account or direct them on how to get prime so that they can…

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We appreciate the feedback! Our team is currently working on various designs to make it easier to onboard new Prime subscribers. Keep an eye out over the next few weeks for those new user flows!

15. When you get gifted a sub, you can't subscribe by yourself that month, so you lose the chance to get the Founder Badge. So instead, the badge should apply to all types of subscribing.

For example you find a new streamer, you want to sub to it but someone gifts you a sub before having the chance to do it. Later, they get over 10 subscribers so you lose the chance to have the founder badge (even though you were one of the first 10).

115 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. this new thing that raids dont count unless you bring 5 or more viewers is a damaging decision towards smaller streamers trying to make their way up raiding people with 3 or 4 was how i built a viewer base in the first place and now if i dont have enough people its like we dont even matter these decisions on behalf of twitch are slowly making it seem that twitch is only Partner centric and not caring about any other streamers but partners

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Instead of limiting the Editor and Mod permissions behind a template of permissions, set up as system similar to Discord, where you can toggle permissions on and off, to allow for more flexibility between Mods and Editors.
    Example: Giving a Mod access to directly edit stream info (Title, Category, Tags) without accessing VODs, Clips or Panels. This will allow Moderators to assist the streamer further, without risking letting them access higher level permissions.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. It takes so much time for the streamer to delete all unwanted clips. There are tons of clips that are taken accitentally or needlessly. It is very helpful for the streamer to allow his/her editor to do this time consuming job.

41 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Anime fans and streamers have long been waiting for the day when a streaming platform allowed this to happen, and seeing how the current partnership with Amazon with Watch Parties is doing, it might not be so far fetched after all. It would be extremely cool, if you one day partnered with Crunchyroll or Funimation for Watch Parties! It would be the coolest thing ever, especially with everyone staying home due to the Covid-19 epidemic! Imagine the viewing experience! Anime nights would finally be possible!

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! We’ve recently made the entire Prime Video catalog available in Watch Parties, which includes thousands of movies and television shows (including lots of anime).

We are also looking into partnering with other content providers to add even more content to Watch Parties.

20. I think it should be possible to toggle the Founder Badge off on your channel, I'd love to show off my custom sub badges to new potential subs but most of the people subbed have the founder one.

It makes sense to have the Founder Badge when you have heaps of subscribers, but when you have around 10-15 active subs per month most of them are going to have the Founder Badge and not your custom Sub Badge... Again, streamers should have the choice to either keep them active or disable them and re-enable them sooner or later.

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?