Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

825 results found

1. Sub points should be accumulated & not get expired along with expired subs as it helps streamers to unlock emote slots quicker. And with more emotes available, potential subscribers would be more enticed to sub or continue their subscription.

Looking at "expired" sub points on our partnered dashboard not only demoralized streamers before the start of each stream, we'd get less interested to help promote subscription to our viewers & would encourage direct donation instead.

My current subpoints which unlocked 24 emotes is now at 366/1,000 because 600+ gifted subs expired this month. I don't see how I could get…

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Twitch partners streams are currently monetized so I feel uploads should be monetized as well in some, ideally through ads and Twitch Prime.

122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  Catherine Hsiao responded

Thanks for the feedback! This is something we have been looking into but it will take some time, please be patient!

3. Please add support for viewing squad streaming on the Android TV app and/Chromecast. This is currently not possible and I regularly watch Twitch using the Android TV app over another viewing device. I feel like I'm missing out when streamers are squad streaming and I'm on my TV instead of the web application.

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. On Twitch you have the option to follow the game you want, it would be nice to use this option together with the drops to create a notice in the notifications tab each time a game you follow opens a new drops campaign. Taking into account that many times people do not find out that the games they like activate the drop options, losing the opportunity to obtain exclusive content.

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Drops  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Under Creator Goals can we please select "Reach Partner Point Goal"? My community wants to make sure I'm at at least 350 Partner Plus points every month so I can remain qualified for that program. It would be wonderful if we could have that as a Goal that can be visibly seen and tracked on the channel.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I been seeing a ton of people raiding under 5 viewers as due to a recent change, they don't show up. I feel that that little action that says "all raids " in the settings under channel should be all raids, not only 5 or more ( if it is gonna be 5 or more maybe make it a setting "5 or more raiders" . I feel streamers should be the one to choose if this is a change is something for their channel.

That's my personal opinion I just feel horrible not seeing someone raid when and due to…

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. So first things first:
    No one has ever believed your reasoning provided for deprecated hosting. When looked into at all - at least anecdotally, with every person I've ever interacted with who's used the platform (and I have no reason to believe my selection is limiting that reach,) the reasoning has never tracked. If the suspicions we've had are accurate, then now that streams do not auto-play when embedded would eliminate the reason for why hosting was deprecated.

Hosting was a significantly better community-building tool than raids. Tremendously so. It's more user-friendly on the one doing the hosting (not requiring…

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be great if a stream team could upload a chat badge for streamers in that team.

• Showing the badge Twitch-wide, or just in the stream chats of that stream team's members, is a choice to be made.
    • If only that stream team's members' chats, it could be a generic badge, or a custom one uploaded by the team's founder. If it was Twitch-wide, it'd need to be a custom one.

This would be great for repping a stream team, and building a greater sense of team spirit. Chat bots could potentially also use these badges to…

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hi. I have an idea for disables to not worry about getting big donations and lose their medical etc. I am mentally disabled and I been wanting to stream. Why I can't is I am afraid one day if lucky if I get donations over 2000$ I will lose my medical and my SSI. A lot of people like me. Worst or not. We can't have our dream jobs or even games for fun! I have an idea of maybe once hits 2000 on earnings from subs, bits, etc. Rest maybe goes to a charity of choice. Disable people get…

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow creators to restrict viewing of their streams to logged in users only. As an option, this would help address hate raiders who get banned and continue to watch in incognito. Effectively preventing banned users from seeing the stream.

And, at the same time would give creators a simple tool to better control how their content is viewed. For example, if they were creating Mature content and wanted to add their own limitation on consumption.

Provide similar messaging to what is available on logged out Subscriber Streams which say "USER is streaming for 'registered users', Sign up now to join…

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I think the Disconnect Protection feature is a life saver in a lot of situations - but there are times where the current 90 seconds is not enough to recover.

In a case where a computer blue screens, it feels like a race to reboot, load up the streaming software and continue the stream.

Modems that also need a reset can take 2-3 minutes to connect online, and many routers (at least that I've owned) take a long time to restart and give online access again too.

A 5 minute window would make the recovery process a lot less stressful.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. National Arab Heritage month typically takes place in the US during April. This is a request to feature not just your Arab streamers but your Middle Eastern and North African (MENA) streamers and highlight the diversity that exists on the platform. We celebrate many heritage months and minorities on this platform, why not this one? Would love to see diverse creators on front page in celebration.

Last year Twitch dedicated one Twitter post for those who celebrated Eid, and were Muslim. That was a nice sentiment, but I hope we can push that further this year but displaying all MENA…

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Give streamers/mods the possibility to create quizzes that involve viewers' participation; ideally for pre-shows, but not only.
    Similar to bets, questions must appear in the chat, and everyone can participate.

How it works:

CREATION

The streamer/mod compiles preliminary information about the quiz:
    - A descriptive title for the quiz
    - A participation fee (in channel points).
    - The maximum number of winners. Default is 3. At least 1. (see below for prize computation)
    Then, the streamer/mod compiles a "list" of questions. Each question must have:
    - A description (the question itself). Differently from bets, questions can be longer than 60…

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. So in watch parties whenever you are watching an episode towards the end you have to end the watch party and pretty much start a new one to move on to the next episode. Would be nice if it had some type of auto-play next episode or allow the streamer to select the next episode in a drop box or menu without exiting out of watch party.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! This is another feature we’re investigating in order to make it easier for you to seamlessly host your Watch Parties. Our team is currently discussing auto-play, along with several other content controls.

15. In light of the hate raids, I have been using the option to only allow raids from channels I follow. However, this is not the ideal option since it prevents being able to connect with other, genuine streamers that I may not currently know.

It would be nice to have more filters for who can raid your stream. I think a great option would be "only allow raids from affiliates and partners" or "only allow raids from accounts that are x days old". This will help prevent others from making an account just to immediately hate raiding a stream.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When raiding/hosting a channel, the list of channels you follow should have a scroll option again. It currently only shows people you follow with the top 5 most viewers.

I used to be able to scroll down and choose smaller streamers to host but that isn't possible anymore for some reason.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  7 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When starting a raid, it is useful to join the raid so that the streamer can interact with the raided streamer and chat room.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  3 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Streamers should get notifications when their MODs or VIPs enter their chat.

This enables the streamer to give recognition as well as take solace in knowing that the chat is being monitored.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently, streamers need to maintain 350 individual paid subscriptions to qualify Partner Plus Program. However, I propose considering recurring sub-points as part of the qualification criteria. This change would make it simpler for streamers to meet the requirements while promoting growth and sustainability.

Here's how it works: Recurring sub-points measure the loyalty of viewers who consistently subscribe at higher tiers. By including these recurring sub-points in the qualification criteria, streamers can focus on building strong relationships with their existing viewers and encouraging them to subscribe at higher tiers. This helps streamers achieve their goals and leads to more engagement and…

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make the stream automatically end when the raid moves to the next channel. Or at least make it a setting where the default is the stream ends after the raid. End awkward AFK streams of streamers who don't realize the stream is still running.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?