Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. hi gentlemen, could you add the squad streaming with video transcoding with full and priority access even for affiliates? thanks :)

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Squad Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would love to be able to auto export my VODs to YouTube. I know it's a 3rd party platform and we already have a way to export manually but a auto export feature would save time!

Maybe have it have "general settings" where you can public/private the VOD or just have it automatic upload to private on YouTube if setup by the streamer!

Just an idea
    Vaughn

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I love the idea of the Founders Badge. However, I don't like that they can be "taken" and "gone" by those who only sub for that first initial period, and then never resubscribe again - yet you have someone who subscribed early (maybe not the first 10/25), and continue to resubscribe. It seems unfair to that consistent supporter.

My idea is that the Founders Badge can have an expiration date for those who have it but do not resubscribe, give those who consistently support with a sub every month an opportunity to be recognized as one of regular founded supporters…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. if a channel host raids another channel it will switch your url which will delete chat history as well some channels have "This room is in 10 minutes followers-only mode." so some raiders can't raid

1 having the option of turning off raids for a certain channel your in so you don't get auto switched or turning it off completely for all raids because maybe you like switching to a different channel then join a raid.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Have the promo image of the show or movie the watch party is for on the Stream preview. This will make it quicker for viewers to glance through the Watch party streams and see which ones they may want to check out

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Watch Parties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ve passed this along to the product team to look into as we continue shaping the product roadmap.

6. I think the first 1st Sub badge is a really good idea, but i feel like there should also be a 1st follower badge to show the people that have been there since u have have started, so maybe a badge for the 10 or 20 followers of each channel to show that they have been supporting from the very beginning as maybe they are not to subscriber to show support but still followed u at the very start.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Polls is a great system however there could be some improvements

1) longer running polls - 5, 10, 60 or indefinite (broadcaster stops poll)
    2) browser source customisation / improvement - it's currently a little bit hacked together with no real thought. like if added to OBS how am i meant to change whats being displayed?
    3) there should be an API available for this (speaking from a developer standpoint)

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Polls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Collaborative events have proven to be one of the best methods for streamers to connect with more viewers. While they aren't necessary to have for all streamers to succeed, they serve as a great means for viewers to see their favorite creators team up to deliver great content that they would otherwise be unable to do alone. Please consider implementing the follow ideas:

1. Enable squad streams for Affiliates
      Viewers will not need to rely on the use of third-party applications such as multistre.am to be able to view video feeds from all collaborating streamers.

2. Merging chat boxes for all streamers…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Squad Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. It's SUCH an amazing feature and I could see SO much use for this for normal streams (like dev streams, where you could have one view exclusively on the code, or such things).

PLEASE make this available to normal streams.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I just why twitch is the only platform that forces its affiliates to stream their content solely to twitch and not to other platforms at the same time. Especially since multistreams or restrreaming to other platforms right after ive finished streaming could help bring in more users and watchers. Id say the 24 hour exlusivity deal is the one reason that I hate being an affiliate.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Onboarding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Maybe We Can Add Customizable VIP/Mod Badges

Like Sub And Bit Badges Maybe we can have custum VIP and Mod badges.

The Mod Badges Could Be Like What Tricky Time Tree Says ( https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/923383-creators-and-stream-features/suggestions/41947498-tiers-of-mods ) He made some sketches, even if its custom one from twitch (Tricky Time Tree Made some good ones) where we can pick what color we want them to be.
    We can do the same with VIP badges, It has the same design but different colors.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. It'd be great if streamers could assign specific badges for these roles that match the theme of their channel.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Take away region lock from watch parties.

• Allow subs to watch along, even without prime!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Watch Parties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Watch Party Team responded

Thanks for the feedback, we’re working on making Watch Parties available to our global community in the coming months. Stay tuned for more!

13. The Ad money can go to amazon in exchange for letting non prime viewers join the watch party. They would be essentially paying amazon for a a very specific viewing. I hate the idea that I have to exclude non prime viewers in order to do a watch party.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Watch Parties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. At this time, Ads are not supported in Watch Parties. We will let you know if this is added to our roadmap

14. It is a great idea but a failed launch. It kicks people out of the watch party, and leaves a silent window with just you in their with the watch party. Unless you have a good scene, it can be embarrassing and low grade quality to not allow others to be in the party.

I stopped the film because I lost all of my viewers after I switched over to Watch Parties from a "just chatting" while I was gathering a crowd to watch the show. However, this app forces people to sign up for Prime, or start a trial.…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Watch Parties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I'd love to see a way to turn on Notifications for all events a streamer creates. This would be helpful for streams I always want to watch, but don’t want to add each event separately. Maybe also a way to turn on notifications for specific games from a particular streamer as well.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. It would be great if we could have the choice of WHERE to start the Sub Goal (not only at "existing current subs," but also the option of a start number that we choose, from zero TO existing current subs.)

Reasons could include:
    - starting at zero can be a more impactful start, as the community can watch the goal visibly progress from nothing
    - all creators may not want to, or be comfortable with, showing their full current sub count on screen
    - goal start numbers could be customised along with the end goal numbers to go along with…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creator Goals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Twitch should offer an instant deposit option that would allow streamers to cash out their earnings before their monthly scheduled payout. Businesses such as Postmates have adopted this practice and could give content creators the control they need to manage their finances and grow their streams.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Onboarding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Will there be a Stream Merch Shop where you could pay with bits for example? Could be more convenient than sourcing it out.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make it so when a team sends you a team invite you get a notification in your twitch notifications instead of just an email, it would effectively help streamers know when they been accepted onto a team.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?